questions and answers

Is this how love feels like?

Mi Sun P.O.V

“My name is jung jin young. I am born on 18 November 1991.”

“Sunbae, when u said you will tell me everything, you don’t seriously mean EVERYTHING right?”

He smiled at me. “I’m serious.”

“Erm, okay.”

“Where was i? Ah yes. I am the only child in my family. I love composing songs. It is my dream to be a composer in the future. Oh, I can play the guitar and piano.”

“I know that sunbae.” I laughed. He laughed too.

“Okay, my family. Erm, my father.. he erm.” He hesitates for a bit before continuing.

“My father is the founder of WH Music Academy.”

What? His father owns one of the most famous music schools in Seoul?

Oh wait, means my mom is working for his dad?

“My uncle, jong hyun hyung’s dad? Yeah, he owns SM entertainment.”

Jong hyun’s father owns one of the top 3 talent agencies in Korea?

“So, erm, yeah. Our family kind of owns the music industry in Seoul.” He laughed.

“Is that why you didn’t tell anyone?”

He looked at me and nodded. “I don’t want people to be friends with me just because of our family status. We told our parents we don’t want to be in the spotlight, so only people who are close to us know about it.”

“But, no one in our school knows?”

“Well, I didn’t go around telling everyone. But if they do, they must have heard it from someone else.”

“What about your fan club? They really adore you.”

He laughed. “Fan club sounds wrong, mi sun. Well, I guess I’m attractive.” He smiled at me.

That, I have to agree with him.

“Mi sun.”

“Yes?”

“Can you keep this a secret?”

“Of course.”

“And don’t treat me differently.”

“Why would i?”

“I don’t know. I’m just afraid I might ended like like hyung..”

“Hyung? Who?”

“Oh? Erm, nothing.”

“Do you mean Jong hyun hyung?”

He looked at me and sigh. “Yeah.”

“Okay.” I said and lean my back against the couch, looking at the ceiling.

“You’re not going to ask?”

“I won’t ask. But if you want to tell me, I’m listening.”

He smiled at me and lean back on the coach.

“Hyung really like this girl, and he told her about our family. Well they got together, but then he realized she never loved him, she was only using his money.”

I kind of drop my ice pack when he told me that.

“So yeah, hyung don’t want me to go through the same thing.”

The water dripping from the ice pack drop on my leg and made me shiver.

“I’ll take that. Your hands must be numb now.” He took the ice pack away from my hand and placed it on the table. I can’t help it but to sneeze.

“Are you cold?”

“I think is the ice.”

“Hmm.” He stood up and walks over to jong hyun’s bed and pull of his duvet.

“What are you doing?”

He walks over to me and covers it over my body.

“Don’t worry, he won’t mind.” He said and wraps the duvet tighter around me.

“Better?” he asked.

“Yeah. I look like an eskimo now.”

 He laughed and sat next to me. We both were looking at the ceiling without talking.

“Oh sunbae, what about yoo jin?”

“Ah, that is a different story.”

 

Jin Young P.O.V

While telling mi sun about my family, I was wondering how she would react. I’m surprise that all she did was just nod at me throughout the conversation without asking me any questions.

But now she’s asking me about yoo jin.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me.” She said, pulling the duvet over her face.

“No, I will tell you everything.”

“Okay.”

“So…this is going to sound stupid.”

“Are you guys engaged or something?” she asked.

“What? No! Absolutely not!”

“Just teasing.” She laughs and lean her head on the coach. She is now facing me.

“So?”

“oh yeah. so erm.. do you know who is Kim Yee Sang?”

“Hmm..his name sounds familiar. Is he from our school?”

“No.” I laughed. “He is one of the top 10 richest business men in Korean.”

“Really? Oh wait, I think I know who he is. He has something to do with land properties right? And erm, hotels?”

“Yes that’s right. He is yoo jin’s father.”

“Oh okay.”

Is that her reaction? Just an ‘okay’ ?

“What?” she asked when she realized I was looking at her.

“I didn’t expect you to be so calm.”

“Well, yoo jin looks like a rich’s man’s daughter. No surprises. So what has this got to do with you?”

I sigh. “He is one of the investors in our family business.”

“Okay. So?”

“So…basically he is quite important.”

“Yes of course. I don’t see a connection here.”

“Like I said, this is going to sound stupid.”

She nodded at me, playing with the duvet.

“Since he is an important person in our business family, our parents ask us to be nice to them, including their daughter.”

“Okay.”

“You see, yoo jin is rather spoilt. She wants everything done her way. And when she doesn’t get something, she will tell her father. Last time, when jong hyun hyung and I didn’t bother her, she complaint to her father, saying we are bullying her. That time her father told us if we are not treating his daughter well, he will not continue investing with our family.”

“Our parents were furious about it. So they ask us to put up with her. And since I’m the same age as her, I became the main victim.” I chuckled.

Mi sun was just staring at me with a blank expression.

“This..is..really stupid.”

“You think?”

“What’s so great about him anyways? Doesn’t your parents know how does it feel to deal with a person like yoo jin?”

“There is no such thing about thinking how others feel when it comes to business.”

“But they are your parents….” She mumbles under duvet.

“I practically grew up without my parents, we don’t speak much. And when we do, it’s only about work and school.”

“Hmm…” she nodded.

 

“So…anything else you want to know?” I asked.

She thought for a while before shaking her head.

“Nope.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yup.”

“Really sure?”

“Positive.”

“Okay.”

“Oh wait, one more question.”

“Yes?”

“Can you bring me home? Like, now?”

“Okay. Let me get my coat.”

She nodded and pull off the duvet.

“Man I gotta get one of these. It’s really comfy.”

“You can take it if you want.”

“What? Are you serious?”

“Of course not! Hyung will kill me.”

“Good. Because I’m really taking this with me if you didn’t say that.”

she puts the duvet back on jong hyun's bed arranged it neatly.

"Ready?" i asked her. she nodded.

"Sunbae." she said as i reaches for the door.

"Hmm?"

"Thank you." she smiled

"You're welcome." i smile back and open the door for her.