walking

Is this how love feels like?

so my friend suggested i change my title to "is this how love feels like", so i did. the story is still the same don't worry =D 


 

Mi Sun P.O.V

It’s been a while since I took the bus. I barely take the bus because I live near the subway station. For the next two weeks Juri needs to pick her brother up from school because her parents are out of town for business. I haven’t seen her brother since last summer, so I decided to tag along.

“Which stop are you getting off?” juri asked chaerin.

“The 4th stop.”

“Oh me too!” sandeul said. “Which area do you live?”

The two starts talking about roads which I’m not familiar with. Juri joined them.

I wonder how are gong chan and baro doing. Hopefully the try outs won’t be so intense.

“Lollipop?”

“Eh? Oh it’s okay.”

“Nono take one. I have a lot.” Chaerin hold up a packet of lollipops.

I chose a strawberry flavor lollipop. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” She said and pops one into .

I keep my lollipop in my blazer pocket as the bus stops.

“Oh here’s my stop. I’ll see you guys tomorrow! It’s nice getting to know you all.” Chaerin said.

“Likewise. Take care okay? ”

“Same here. See ya!”

“Bye!” sandeul wave and hops off the bus with chaerin. We waved at them until the bus continue moving.

“So!” juri said, taking the lollipop out . “Want to have some girls outing today?”

“Sure. If you consider your brother as a girl.”

“Ah don’t mind him, he’ll be fine. Anyways, I didn’t know sandeul is so funny.”

“Yeah I know. He laughs so loud that my ears are still vibrating.”

“Oh come on, don’t be so sarcastic. He’s really a cool guy, don’t you think? Plus, he can sing!”

“Looks like someone’s interested.”

“What? No, I’m just saying.”

“Our channie can sing too you know.”

“Why did you suddenly bring up channie?”

“I don’t know. Oh we’re reaching.”

We got off the bus and started walking to juri’s brother’s primary school. The front gate was flooded with people when we got there.

“Where is he? I told him to wait here. Keep an eye on him.”

“Okay.”

I tried to look for junho among the crowd, which almost blinded me.

“Noona!!”

“Hey lil bro!” juri said and hug him. He hugs back.

Ahh so adorable. I want a dong saeng too.

Little junho looks up from his sister’s shoulder and saw me.

“Mi sun noona!” he said happily and run up to me. “I miss you!” he said, hugging my legs.

“Hey!” I ruffle his hair. “I miss you too. How have you been? Have you been eating well?”

The 10year old boy looks up to me and shakes his head. I laughed.

“Yah yah, I have been feeding you haven’t I, you punk!” juri said and flicked his forehead.

“ow…. Noona!” junho said and hid behind me.

“Oh, so now you want mi sun eh?”

“Come on. You must be hungry. Let’s go eat something.” I said and hold his hand.

“noona palli!” he said to juri, holding out his free hand to her.

“fine.” she took it.

Junho was walking in between us, swinging our hand back and forth with his.

“So what do you want to eat?” juri asked junho.

“Ice cream!”

“Yay! Hi5!” I said to him and we hi-5.

“I think you need to stop hanging out with mi sun. She’s teaching you how to eat junk food.”

“Hey hey, ice cream is not junk food okay? Eating ice cream is a form of relaxation. It helps yo-”

“Yes mi sun we’ve heard that many times already.” Juri cut me off. “Now, choose a proper meal.”

“Hmmm.. oh! Pizza!”

“Good job junho!” we hi-5 again.

“You both aren’t serious right?”

“Please!! Noona pleaseee!” junho was pulling her arm.

She sighs. “Okay. BUT.”

“But?”

“You must follow me around the mall without complaining your feet hurts.”

“Again? Noooo…can I go to the bookstore? I’ll wait for you there.”

“No. You are not going anywhere without me young man. The last thing I want is to hear your name being announced in the mall again.”

Few months ago, we left junho in the bookstore and went to walk around the mall. But when we came back for him, he wasn’t at the spot we left him. We seriously thought someone kidnapped him, but we found out that he just went to the washroom. We were really paranoid that time. Since then, juri decided that she will not leave him alone anymore.

“Oh, there’s a sales at lucy’s. 50% off for everything!”

“Really?” I asked. “Awesome! I could get some new jeans.”

“Come on. PLEASE get some skirt or dresses, stop wearing jeans or some sweatpants!”

“Why? It’s comfortable! Right junho?”

“Ne!”

“Of course he thinks it’s right, it’s the only thing he can wear.”

“We can put him in a dress, I’m sure he’ll look pretty.”

“Don’t!” juri hissed. I laughed.

“Bus! The bus is here!” junho shouted and grab our hands.

“Wow! Slow down young one.” Juri said and we board the bus.


After two hours of constant walking and changing and walking and changing again, I’m finally walking home. Yes, walking, again.

Juri bought herself some new blouse and shoes. I got myself a new pair of jeans. I did try out some dresses juri chose for me but I decided not to buy them. Or I thought I won’t be buying them. Juri refuses to let me out the shop until I get myself one. So I chose red fitting tube dress. It’s kinda tight actually, and short. Juri said this dress brings out my s-line, so I chose it. What is s-line anyways? Does my body really look like an ‘S’?

 I doubt I’ll see myself in that dress for the mean time. I mean, where am I going to wear it to?

It’s true I prefer pants than skirts, I would rather be comfortable than squeezing myself into some tight outfit that suffocates me. Unless I really have to.

Then I heard my phone beep.

1new message

Darling, let’s have lasagna for dinner! Could you stop by TONYMART and get the usual ingredients? I’ll be home early today. Loves!– mama <3

I replied my mom and make a left turn into a row of shops below my apartment. I grab a basket and start walking towards the meat section. When I was about to select some meat, something caught my attention.

A cap. It looks awfully familiar.

“baro?” I said.

The person who was wearing the cap turns and looks at me.

“Wow! What are you doing here?”

So it is baro!

“Erm, there’s only one reason we come here.”

“Ah..yes. Stupid question. Wait, you haven’t gone home? Where have you been? Nothing bad happen right?”

Wow now he sounds like my mom.

“I went to the mall with juri.”

“Hmm I can see that.” He said, pointing at my shopping bag.

“Is baro grocery shopping too?”

“Yeah, we’re out of food.”

I laughed. I seriously didn’t think baro would be the type that shops for groceries.

“I know I know, a man buying groceries. Laugh all you want.”

“Don’t say that. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. So what are you getting?”

“hmm..food.”

I rolled my eyes. “Of course it’s food. Be specific.”

“I don’t know. Anything edible.”

“Is that what your mom said?”

“Mom?”

“Didn’t your mom send you here?”

“No.”

“oh..okay nevermind.”

“What about you?”

“I’m shopping for dinner.”

“Let me help you.” He took the basket from my hand.

“Thank you.” I said, he nodded.

 

Baro P.O.V

“So how was try outs?” mi sun asked

“Tiring.”

She laughed.

“Gong chan is really good at aiming. He barely missed a shot!”

“That’s my boy.” She smiled.

I went to TONYMART to grab some stuff before heading home. And that’s where I bump into mi sun.

“Erm, do you need some help with your bag?”

“Nope I’m cool!”

She was carrying three bags or groceries plus her school bag.

“Come here.” I said, taking her grocery bags.

“It’s okay I’m good.”

“Hey, what kind of man will let a girl carry such heavy bags?”

“I’m fine, really.”

How stubborn can this girl be?

I stood in front of her and take all the bags from her hand.

“Hey!”

“Keep walking.” I said and walk away before she grabs it.

“Thanks.” She said, after catching up with me.

“No problem.”

We didn’t spoke to each other until we got into the elevator.

“I’ll take those bags now.”

“No.”

“But I’m goi- oh we’ve reach my floor, give me.”

“I’ll carry it to your house.” I said and walked out the elevator.

“You never give up don’t you?”

“The word ‘give up’ is not in my dictionary.”

“cocky.” She muttered.

“What?”

“Nothing! Oh we’re here.” She said and starts entering codes on her door.

“You’re kidding right.”

“Eh?”

“I stay in unit 12 too.”

“No way! This is creepy.”

We entered into her place. She kicks off her shoes and walk in, turning on all the lights.

“I’ll take these.” She said and takes the bags from my hand. “Can I get you something? Drinks? Some food?”

“No it’s alright, I’m good.”

“Okay. Make yourself at home.” She said and went into the kitchen.

Her house looks so modern. There are only three colours in her living room which is black, white, and red. There’s a bookshelf at the corner of the room filled with books, magazines and cds. I saw a small table and two chairs outside the balcony. There are art sculpture display at both side of the tv, along with some photos.

I take a look at those photos. It’s arranged according to the date it was taken. Mi sun still looks the same since she was a little kid, except she’s prettier. Then I realized something.

Why isn’t her father in any of these pictures?

“Sorry, it’s a bit messy in here.”

“Oh? No not at all. It’s very, modern.”

She laughs. “Yeah, mom’s fault.”

“Your mom designs your living room?”

“The whole house actually. She’s an interior designer.”

“That’s really cool!”

She laughed. “Well sometimes you do get annoyed when she decided to re-design the whole house.”

We were silent for a moment.

“I should probably get going.” I said.

“Okay, thanks for today.”

“No problem. I’ll see you tomorrow at 7am?” I said, putting on my shoes.

“7am it is.”

We both said goodbye and I left.

Strange, does this mean her dad is no longer with her? But you don’t erase someone from your life unless you hate them. Right?