100m sprint

Is this how love feels like?

Mi Sun P.O.V

 

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING~~~~

 

“YES! What’s our next class?” juri asked. “P.E” gong chan replied, yawning.

“What? Early in the morning? Noooo…” I laughed. “Well, after P.E is recess, you can eat then.” “okay..” she sigh.

We walk to the girls locker room and change into out P.E attire. So our P.E attire is just a white t-shirt and blue track bottoms. Rather plain. “Done?” I asked juri. “yeah, let’s go.” We walk to the field with some other girls from our class.

“Okay, for those who are here, you can start stretching.” Our P.E teacher said. So we did what we were told.

“Hello ladies.” We turned. It was gong chan. “hey! Wow channie, have you been working out? Your arms are erm huge?” I said. He laughed “maybe?” “Yah, channie working out? That’s weird. Trying to impress girls?” juri teased. He just smile. Ah of course, impress juri. She did mention she like muscular man before.

Suddenly the teacher blow his whistle. “Okay, today we will be doing the 100m sprint.” The whole class groan. “ It’s only 100m, or shall I make it 200m?” the teacher said, and the whole class was quiet.

“100m sprint, do you think I can beat my old record?” juri asked, still stretching.

“im sure you can, you are an awesome runner” gong chan said.

“Yea, you are my only competitor, remember?” I said. Juri and I was in the school track team during junior high. After so many years I still can’t beat Juri in running. She’s really fast.

“Okay we will start with the boys! Get in line!” the teacher said. “see you guys later. Cheer on me okay?” “yes channie we will, right juri?” she nooded. Gong chan smile and join the rest of the boys.

The girls sat on the benches. Me and juri took the front row.” Oh hey hey, isn’t that baro?” juri pointed. I looked. Yea it is, and he looks different without his cap. I haven’t get a chance to see him without his cap as he sits in front of me. Somehow he looks…cuter?

“yah, he’s cute.” Juri said. “wow, you like him?” “ what? Nooo… im just telling you. You know, you can be friends with him and maybe go ou-“ “no” I cut her off.

“ mi sun ah….”  “ im never dating boys, im sure I’ve made myself clear about it.”

“ but, you just haven’t meet the right guy.”juri said. “Give it a try, he looks like a nice guy.”

“well, my so called father looks like a nice guy too, look what happen.” I said. Juri took my hand “I understand, sorry about that.” “nah its okay.” Only juri and gongchan know about my family situation. I have known gongchan since elementary school, he is a very nice guy. He is the only guy I can trust fully. Oh gong chan’s running first!” “oh baro too!” juri said. “yah, you like him don’t you?” “nooo…!”

Then the teacher blew the whistle. “channie!!!” I stood up screaming without thinking. Wow gong chan is fast! He has been really working out a lot lately. Wait, someone is faster than him, is that- 

“omg baro is so fast!!!” juri said, pointing at the track. “yah we’re suppose to cheer for channie!”  “oh ya, channie! Fightiiiiing! Oh oh! His reaching! Oh?” we watch as they run towards the finish line. “Omo, who crossed first?” I asked, because baro and gongchan reach the finish line together. We saw gong chan walking towards us.

“yah! Did you get 1st?” I asked gong chan when I reached us. He sat down on the bench next to us and shake his head. “ eh? But you both reach together! Is it a tie?” juri asked “ 1 second….” He breathe. “1 second? Oh you mean you are 1 second late?” juri asked. He nooded.

“mwo? This is ridiculous, he must have stop the timer late. That boy over there! What’s his name!” “mi sun calm down!” gong chan pull me down next the seat next to him. “It’s only P.E.” “but-“  he patted my head. “im fine, that baro boy is quite amazing.”

“what is your record?” I asked. “10.36seconds” “wow! Channie! You’ve improved! You are always behind 11seconds!” juri said. He looked at her with an unfriendly look. “I mean, aigoo..”  she pat his head. I can see him blushing. That was cute.

“hey guys, is this seat taken?” a voice asked. “oh no its—oh” I turned my head to see who was I talking to. It was Baro.