Chapter 8

OMG! (Oh My Girl!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First day of school.

Hyukjae woke up with a grumpy face as always since she was never a morning person, and adding up on to it was the fact that Donghae deliberately shook her to wake up and throw a towel on her face. She didn't even bothered lowering her grunts as she slipped in Yoona's uniform. She hadn't bought one for her yet since she had no money and Donghae agreed on helping her find a job (that she knew of course since never did she work on something.)

The three of them, Donghae, Yoona and her were having their breakfast when Mrs. Lee appeared from the kitchen, with three luch boxes for each of them. She took the seat beside Yoona and handed the boxes yet when she reached Hyukjae, she remembered the thing she's pondering on last night.

"Ah Hyukjae?", she called and the girl with a mouthful of rice in looked up.

"I was wondering.. are you really sure your parents are okay of having you here?"

To say that she was shock was an understatement. She could have painstakingly spit everything in on Donghae beside her if the guy hadn't covered with his hand, scowling at her as if telling her that if she indeed spit that out, she'll be meeting the valley of death in no time. Through somewhat teary eyes, Hyukjae had managed to swallow everything, choking back a little and gulping a glass of water in one go.

"Are you okay?", Mrs. Lee asked, worried.

"Y-Yeah Auntie.. Just.. choked on something.", she reasoned out, a grimace on her face.

"So as I was saying, are your parents okay with this set up? I mean, it's not that I don't want you here. You know very well that you're welcome here anytime but.. aren't your parents getting worried?"

Hyukjae side-eyed Donghae which the latter blatantly ignored. At the back of her head, Hyukjae wants to claw Donghae on the face. Of course, there's no way he'll be helping her with this.

"Uhm.. yeah Auntie. You don't have to worry. Dad knows Donghae. That's why he gave him a scholarship, right? He trusts him and since we have no more relatives here in Korea, he decided to let Donghae take care of me." The identity of Hyukjae's parents were left unsaid. All Donghae's family know is the fact that he's Donghae sponsor and they're residing in the United States. They couldn't reveal that she's the child of Lee Group of Companies' CEO, they are a prominent family and for sure Donghae's family will wonder why Hyukjae is with them in the first place. Besides, everyone in Korea knows that the CEO's offspring is a male.

"Well, just want to check on it. Maybe you can give him a call and let me talk to him? I want to assure him that we're taking care of you here and thank him too for granting Donghae's scholarship request.", Mrs. Lee uttered with a gentle smile that Hyukjae didn't had the heart to decline.

"N-Neh aunty.."

 

~

"You should call your mom later and pretend you're my dad.", Hyukjae stated the moment they went out of the house.

"And why is that?", Donghae asked, not really paying attention to the girl as he closed their gate.

"Well obviously I can't pretend that I'm a man with this freaking sweet voice. So you have to do the job.", she said, making her point as she even crossed her arms over her chest.

"Well too Lee Hyukjae! The last time I checked, I have  nothing to do with this little act of yours, I only agreed with helping you find your true love. And second, like are you even thinking? She's my mom. She'll definitely know that it's me even if I tried to sound like Kang Hodong in a helium.", Donghae uttered as he start walking towards the bus stop.

"But.. what will I do?", Hyukjae asked as she sped to catch up with Donghae.

"Not my problem.", he answered nonchalantly with shrugging of shoulders.

Hyukjae gritted her teeth. Donghae is forever hopeless.

"I'll just tell her that he's busy.", she decided.

"You can't always go for that excuse. Mom might think your dad doesn't care for you."

Hyukjae didn't answered. Instead, she let go of the matters once and for all and worry it later when it comes again.

"Where is your sister by the way?", she asked, totally dropping the topic off.

"Long gone. She needs to go early because her scholarship organization has a meeting.", Donghae answered, sitting down under the shed as they wait for the bus.

"Meeting on the first day of class? At this early? If I'm in my normal body, I'm still on the bed snoring for sure at this time. And once I decided to appear in class, the professor would even be glad I take his class!", Hyukjae said cockily, finding the thought of early schedules totally hilarious.

"Well since we're normal students who needs to pass our exams since we don't have the money to settle everything, this is how it really works." Donghae explained and Hyukjae just rolled her eyes. 

"Which reminds me..", Donghae frowned as something hit him. "Aren't you a Lee scholar too?"

Hyukjae could only look back at Donghae with a frown.

 

~

"Barely made it on time! Yeah! I'm good!", Hyukjae even clapped her hands once as she entered the room. A panting, totally exhausted Donghae following her behind, well who wouldn't be breatheless after they run their way from the school's bus stop to this room.

The room is just a small one, but comfortable enough for its occupants. There was a small table at the middle fit for six people and she recognized Yoona sitting on the spot where she assumed to be the place the president of the organization was assigned. Beside Yoona was a boy, about her age, with a brown hair and a cute little eye-smile.

"What are you guys doing here?", Yoona asked and frowned as he watched Hyukjae took the seat beside her while Donghae dove on the couch located at the right side of that room, just beside the book shelves.

"Uhmm, so I supposed this is the Lee Group of Companies scholars' lounge?", Hyukjae asked, taking no notice of Yoona's question.

"Yes it is! This is the private lounge and meeting place for all the scholars of Lee Group of Companies. It was founded--"

"Ahh, I should have told my dad to spend more money on the lounge. This place screams b-o-r-i-n-g. Maybe I should give Gustav a call, or a text..", Hyukjae uttered, blatantly cutting whatever the chinky-eyed boy has to say as she scrutinized the whole place.

"Excuse me but mind tell me why you're here? This place is prohibited for the scholars and unless you are one then you should leave the place.", Yoona said nonchalantly and Hyukjae just responded with a raised eyebrow, with a facial expression clearly telling her 'Yeah, just keep on talking.'

And Yoona proved to be the smart girl she really is.

"You're one of us?", she asked, a bit shock but not that quite nevertheless. Hyukjae just grimaced at her, thankful that she picked up faster than her brother.

"Oh yeah. The principal told me there'll be three additions in our group, two freshmen and a transferee. One of them got the second highest Entrance exam grade, so that makes you the third highest Yoona.", the other boy said.

"So you mean you're that transferee? The one who got 97% on the scholarship admission test?", she asked and Hyukjae shrugged but a smug was on her face.

"What can I say? I'm just really smart.", she answered and grinned, even shaking her head as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Ahh, I can't believe someone will beat your 94% Yoong. ", the boy uttered and then look at Hyukjae, fully and all-attention for the first time that day. "Hi, I'm Lee Jinki, but people call me Onew and I don't have any idea why. I'm a Junior and also a scholar of Lee Group of Companies. I got 87% on the admission ex--"

"What's this commotion about anyway?", Hyukjae cutted him for the second time that morning, to which Onew reacted with a coy smile. He was used to be treated like that anyway. He's a favorite victim of the notorious bullies of their school also known as the Flower Boys of the now Senior students. He prayed his Junior ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter