Chapter 17B

OMG! (Oh My Girl!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 



 



The loud boom of Miinah's intro from his headphones woke Donghae up from his sleep. The instinct to sit up straight, however, came into a halt as he felt the weight that was currently on his shoulder. He took the headset off and let it hung on his neck, turning his head a little to find that the mass on his shoulder was none other than Hyukjae's head. Slowly, though unaware of it, a small smile appeared on his face, letting his fingers sweep the fringes that covered the girl's face. Hyukjae's very much asleep, that he's sure of, because there's no way he could possibly do the gesture when she's awake.


He was a bit startled when the girl suddenly let out a grunt. For a moment he thought she woke up, but it turned out that she just scrunched her nose, rubbed it a little, before snuggling closer to Donghae. Another smile, and Donghae thought there won't be anything better than this.


The smile never left his face as he busied himself staring at the girl. The staring stopped however, as his eyes darted over the other passengers and met his sister's gaze, a few seats before them. A sly smile was on Yoona's face, and Donghae knew at once that she's judging him. He pursed his lips and the girl scoffed, to which for Donghae had looked like a mock. She turned her head back infront and sat properly, Donghae thought she's done with her little instigation when his phone beeped and there was a message coming from the younger one.


'Don't stare too much. Unnie might have melt any moment now.'


Donghae quirked an eyebrow, searching for Yoona once again and found the girl eyeing him, the knowing look on her face once again. 


'I'm not staring.', he simply answered. No, he wasn't really, right? It's just that there's something about Hyukjae's face that he couldn't help but.. stare. But no, he's not staring. He's just.. looking, glancing. Just one, normal gaze that didn't linger longer than necessary. That's what he did, right?

'Yeah, yeah of course.' was Yoona's reply and Donghae looked back at her once again to find that she had placed her head on their mother's shoulder, the boy knew there's no use to respond. He heaved a sigh as he put the gadget back to his pocket, carefully removing his headset too. He adjusted his position so Hyukjae could lean on him much better. He wrapped an arm over her shoulder, and once again took the leisure to let his fingers linger on the few strands of her red hair.


It's funny, how a few months ago, they were two different people who never really talk despite the years of knowing each other. Well, they do talk for all those times Hyukjae and his gang were bullying Donghae but the boy decided not to think about that part. It was amazing, how far they had been. On how, even though nobody actually recognized it, friendship bloomed among the two. Donghae will be lying if he'll say the redhead won't be missed the moment she's gone, because he knew he'll be missing every thing that was Hyukjae. From the fact that he'll be sleeping alone in his room once again, that he won't worry for a particular someone's homework and reviewer, that he won't have to pretend that he's very much inlove with the person he declared to be his girlfriend. Everything will change, or rather, everything will be back to normal. 


Somehow, the thought made Donghae felt a little bit upset. It's not that he wouldn't want Hyukjae to have her real identity and body back, but, as he had stated, he's just really going to miss her. And that he knew things would never be the same anymore.


He wondered what will happen when Hyukjae's back to being Eunhyuk. Will he forgot everything they've went through? Probably he won't, he promised he'll make him pay back on everything mean he had done to him when he was a girl. She even kept a list of all those stuff, right? Donghae marvelled if she's still updating that up to now, as far as he could recall, there wasn't any fight occured between them lately. Heck. they weren't even talking except for the usual greetings. Donghae had been pretty busy with the competition, Hyukjae hanging out with Yoona and Heechul. A sigh escaped his lips. He didn't knew he's already missing Hyukjae even before she leaves. He's missing her even if she was just within his reach.


But wait. Why would he even miss her? And why was he being emotional? Weren't they supposed to hate each other? Well, okay, alright. They've established quite a type of relationship for the past months but that was just it, right? No more, no less. It wasn't included in the compromise they made before that he'll be missing her once she's gone. No. He shouldn't be thinking such stuff.


If there's something he should be pondering at that moment, it was to find the guy, girl, whatever person that was destined to be with Hyukjae. Hyukjae's true love. She had kept her bargain, he was already a Lee Corp scholar once he passed the Harvard application. And now he had to give his end, and that was to find the one for her. It wouldn't be really hard to think about it. Hyukjae's a really gorgeous girl. Men won't be a problem and if it was girls that she was still looking for, Donghae had watched several American TV shows to know that hot girls do hook up and if Hyukjae's lucky and good enough, they could fell inlove. Donghae knew it wouldn't be impossible, and that they would find what they're looking for if they would just look carefully. He queried what had them waiting for months.


The answer came as soon as he turned his head to his right, across the narrow aisle where a young man, must be from university, eyeing Hyukjae in his arms. The guy looked decent, not striking handsome but he possessed the charm. He had his hair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter