Chapter 17A

OMG! (Oh My Girl!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dugeun, dugeun, dugeun.

Hyukjae could clearly hear her very own heartbeat, the red organ banging in her chest as if there will be no tomorrow. Hands soggy and sweat crawling down her forehead. She clutched on her skirt, waiting not so patiently with Yoona's reaction.

 

So she did heard them, and she did demand some explanation and now that she had admitted the whole story (before checking for so many times if there will be anyone around again to, intended or not, hear their conversation.) The girl was just sitting there before her and Heechul, the older didn't even seem to care about Yoona's reaction as she just checked on her finger nails all the while that Hyukjae was explaining. But Hyukjae's not bothered by that at all, she's a lot more worried about Yoona's opinion towards this. Will she be mad? Will she accuse her from urging Donghae to lie to her and their mother? Will she tell out the story for the whole school to know?

 

But no. Yoona isn't like that.

 

For the months Hyukjae lived with the Lee's, she had growned to know a lot of things about them. Donghae seemed tough but he's a cry baby for sappy romantic movies. Mrs. Lee, their mom, never really liked dramas, she preferred sitcoms and variety shows with all that hilarious actors doing crazy stupid things. And Yoona, the ever nonchalant maknae, cracks up over Gag Concert and Happy Together that when she laughs, it always look like she's going to die out of breath. And Yoona isn't the type who go judging people, nor gossip about them since she clearly believes it's a waste of time. So Hyukjae could guess she won't spill it?

 

But then again, this isn't just some ordinary secret. If it was just Hyukjae's real identity, Yoona might rather won't even give a . No. She surely won't care at all. Maybe she could just barge in the room and look for Mr. Han, then finding out he's not there, she'll walk out and let people think she's just like the wind. 

 

This is another case though. For it involves her own brother Donghae, and the fact that they're lying not just for the entire student body but to Donghae's family as well. Will Yoona hater her? Will she force Donghae to stop helping her and tell their mother to kick Hyukjae out of the house? The possibilities are endless, yet what made Hyukjae alot more anguish than anything else is the fact that Yoona might hate Donghae. For keeping this, for covering up for her, for deceiving their mother. Donghae's family is his life. She could never forgive herself if they fight because of her.

 

"I can't believe it."

 

Hyukjae closed her eyes tightly hearing her voice. It sounded so different, far from the nonchalant bored tone Yoona had. It seemed to be surprised, shocked, finding it hard to believe anything.

 

Please don't let it be that bad. She wished to no one in particular. To anyone who might be listening. To Santa maybe. Or Superman.

 

Hyukjae had started mentally reciting the speech she prepared earlier while Yoona was thinking, ready to talk it out once Yoona reprimand her or something. She knew it's pointless to defend herself because what is her to Yoona really? The point is Donghae. She should atleast find a way to save Donghae from getting blame at some point. It's the least thing she could do for him.

 

"My brother is gay."

"No Yoona, you see--" 

Wait.

What?

 

"What?", Hyukjae frowned as she watched Yoona murmured to herself as if contemplating about something, the slight slow burn on her face signified she's somehow lost at the moment.

"Donghae-oppa.. he's gay.", she muttered, more of repating it to herself rather than answering Hyukjae.

"Huh?", asked the bewildered Hyukjae.

"Well, not that it matters so much anyway.", Yoona shrugged and the usual blank, emotionless face was back again. "It just irks me a little that you guys lied. But I guess it's okay too since I certainly don't want to be a part of this.. something something of yours."

 

Hyukjae's mouth gaped open at the statement, pretty Heechul beside her scoffed, but didn't say anything nonetheless. 

"Wait, are you saying you're okay with this? I mean, you won't even ask why did I drag Donghae into this? Or if I'm even telling the truth?", Hyukjae asked. She's grateful really, that it all went in a swift like this. But then, it seemed to be too good to be true.

Yoona cocked an eyebrow and tilted her head. "What would you gain if you lie to me?", she asked and Hyukjae bit her lip as Yoona continued. "With what you said, it doesn't benefit neither of us. I have nothing to lose while you have a lot. You won't have a shelter, and a decent meal three times a day which I think were your main reasons why you run to Oppa's rescue in the first place. Why would you lie about something like that? I don't think you're that stupid.", she said and Hyukjae had to agree that she had a point. She's just being confuse at the moment, feeling everything's to surreal.

 

"As for you hauling Oppa into this, well.. I couldn't entirely blame you. I mean, as you said, Oppa had some perks in this agreement, he even got the sponsorship he'd been working hard for. And besides this is his own choice, he could have left you if he really didn't want to help you. I mean, Oppa's really smart, he topped his class since freshman years, getting a sponsor wouldn't be tha hard if he just looked in the right places. But no, he chose to agree with this compromise. So basically, it was his fault he's in this pact with you.", Yoona finished, looking and sounding like the intellectual girl she is. 

 

Hyukjae let out a sigh of relief. She should have known this. She had been with Yoona for too long and yet she failed to see through her, she must have been really nervous earlier. Yoona's really smart, and open-minded. She's not prejudiced, but rather, looked at things on both perspective. Perhaps Hyukjae was just worrying over nothing. She should have known Yoona, and also her Heechul-noona, weren't the type of persons who'll look down on her just because of one mistake, shortcoming she had. That they would set aside all of the other things she did just because of one deficiency. No. They're not like that. They're not like the peo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter