Chapter 14

OMG! (Oh My Girl!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 14 ★

 

 

 

“I’m in trouble.”

 

Hyukjae’s mouth gaped as she stared at the huge announcement on the bulletin board. It was written in big bold yellow font, as if slapping the fact right on her face. She tried blinking her eyes hoping it was all a dream, but no, it’s still there and mocking her from head to toe.

 

“First midterm examination? Ahh, I can’t believe it was almost two months since school starts.”, Donghae commented behind her, reading the announcement Hyukjae’s reading just now. The brunette boy was then surprised when the redhead turned, so sudden that their faces were so close, so close that if he moved an inch forward, their noses will surely touch.

 

So close..

 

“Donghae-ah! You need to help me!”, Hyukjae uttered, eyes screaming determination as she gripped on Donghae’s uniform.

The brunette boy could only gulp and blink.

 

~

 

“And I thought you’re doing fine with our lessons? You even stopped bugging me on copying my homeworks.”, Donghae asked, staring at Hyukjae who was currently looking lifeless as she had her face flat on the top of the scholar room's table.

“dhkfhshfjsh..”

“What?"

The girl let out a sigh, head still on her desk and tilting to the left to face Donghae. "I asked some help from Onew and the other scholars."

Donghae quirked an eyebrow. "Asked for help?"

"Okay, I made them do my homeworks. They're smarties anyway, better take advantage of the fact.", Hyukjae answered and Donghae scoffed.

"Should have known those perfect homework scores you keep shoving into my face were not really yours. Aish, you're hopeless Hyukjae.", Donghae commented, shaking his head.

"Yes I am! That's why you got to help me! I can't afford to fail this exam, I'll be losing my scholarship!", the redhead exclaimed, raising her head as she turned to Donghae, in a pout, pleading like a lost puppy.

"And I thought you said you have your 'resources' and that 'you can manage'?", the brunette asked, even gesturing double quotes as he repeated Hyukjae's words before.

"I just said that because I thought it'll be easy! But since I'm now a normal student who can't rely on my father's fortune if I failed the exam, I really really REALLY NEED some help.", she said, stressing every word to make her point, almost begging to the boy infront of her. Donghae rolled his eyes. Like what would he expect of Hyukjae.

"I want to say I would love to help but.. that would be lying.", he answered, smiling to himself at the scowl Hyukjae gave him. "And besides, we were kind of busy in the Physics Club. We're preparing for this interschool competition and I'm a candidate for the official participants. We were having intensive lectures and reviews that I'm afraid I won't have the time to teach you at all. You do know I'm really busy right now, right?"

Hyukjae puffed her cheeks. She knew Donghae had really been too occupied these days. In fact, they barely talk as Donghae's always had a book and a notepad with him since he's still reviewing whenever he got the chance. At home he'll be studying their lessons, then review more, and by the time he decided to hit the sack, Hyukjae's already asleep. The redhead doesn't mind it though, they're still together anyway, only that Donghae's just really busy to have a conversation. 

And it's not like Hyukjae missed talking to Donghae, they'll just bicker if they do so. Yes. That's definitely right.

"I'm sure you would be fine. You just need to go over the lessons and study it seriously, then you could ask Onew and the others how they did your homework, in that way they'll be tutoring you too.", Donghae suggested and Hyukjae sighed, resting her chin on the back of her hand which was lying on the desk.

"I just want to pass this exam..", she murmured and the brunette hates it that he's feeling guilty when he doesn't have to. It's not his fault he had some pressing matters to do. And it's not like it's his obligation to take care of Hyukjae!

But with the way Hyukjae blew some air upward that her fringes moved slightly, followed by such an adorable pout, Donghae almost gave in.

Almost.

If it wasn't for Kyuhyun who came to view.

"Yaaa, and what could be the reason for my Hyukkie's sulking?"

My. Hyukkie.

The frown that creased on his face was left unnoticed by Donghae, he's too busy watching Kyuhyun leaned his face closer to the redhead.

"Shut up you brat. I don't want to talk to you.", Hyukjae uttered ice cold and uninterested yet Kyuhyun chuckled with it. He bowed his head a little as a greeting to Donghae and took the seat next to Hyukjae, propping his elbow on the table and resting his chin on his palm so he could have a better view of the redhead.

In the amount of time they were together in the Lee Scholars Club and worked together in the supermarket every night, Kyuhyun and Hyukjae grew really close. Well, not that really, because most of the time it'll just be Kyuhyun teasing the other or Hyukjae snapping back at him but the tall boy could say it's a progress in their relationship. Hyukjae amused him for some reasons, maybe it's because she's too cocky and adorable at the same time. Or maybe it's because Hyukjae is the only one who knew how much of a dork he is, that he's not the cool and mysterious Cho Kyuhyun their school has come to know. Nonetheless, Kyuhyun loved seeing her frowning, glaring, pouting that he loves to taunt her whenever he got the chance.

"Come on, what's wrong? You know I could always help you~", the tall boy asked and grinned widely when Hyukjae rewarded him with a scowl. How he loves grumpy Hyukjae and he doesn't even know why.

"The last time you HELPED me, you 'have mistaken' the photocopying machine to the shredder that I have to stay the whole night and redo the inventory!", Hyukjae exclaimed and Kyuhyun chuckled. Donghae cocked an eyebrow at that, he remembered that one. If he's not mistaken, that was the time Hyukjae had come home really late that they had even saw each other on the bus stop. That was good though, since they got the chance to talk a little on their way home for that was the time Donghae started to become extra-busy.

But it's not like Donghae missed Hyukjae that he was grateful they had the chance to talk.

Okay.

Maybe a little.

"Oh come on, I was a bit sleepy then, you know that.", Kyuhyun defended himself, hauling Donghae back from his reverie.

"Then don't offer help if you're sleepy..", Hyukjae said lazily.

"But I'm not sleepy now! Come on, what is it, I'll help you!", Kyuhyun nudged on and leaned even closer, to which had Donghae tightening his fist, and Hyukjae annoyingly bashing the youngest head away.

"Get lost. I don't want to see you!", Hyukjae grunted and Kyuhyun just chuckled even more. He pinched Hyukjae's cheek a little lightly and beamed when Hyukjae glowered back at him.

"Come on, tell me what's wrong.", Kyuhyun asked but Hyukjae just snapped his hand away from her face.

"She needs a tutor for the upcoming midterm exam.", Donghae answered, ignoring the way Hyukjae looked at him like telling him the words, 'Why did you have to tell him?'

"Tutor?", Kyuhyun asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Hyukjae needs a little coping up with our lessons, that's why she needs someone to help her out in order to get good results for the exam."

"Oh.", Kyuhyun nodded his head and Donghae hoped he will stop bugging Hyukjae. That's the reason he answered his question for Hyukjae because he knew Kyuhyun wouldn't stop pestering the redhead and Hyukjae won't answer him anyway. He doesn't like it. The way Kyuhyun seemed too comfortable on touching and getting close to Hyukjae. It's disturbing. And Donghae doesn't want to ponder on the reason why he finds it like that.

He expected Kyuhyun to say another cheeky statement and leave them Hyukjae at peace. He expected him to get up and get lost as what Hyukjae stated. But not to move his chair closer to Hyukjae's and poked the girl's soft milky cheek.

"I could help you.", he said in a very enthusiastic voice.

Hyukjae scoffed, rolling her eyes as she just let Kyuhyun do whate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter