Chapter 24

OMG! (Oh My Girl!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hey it’s really him, I want to say hi—“ “Let’s go Donghae.” “Wait I’ll just—“ “Let’s go Donghae!”   Donghae was startled, and it showed on her face that perhaps Hyukjae was too. She’s gripping the brunette’s arm way too hard, pale face and shaken eyes, worry coursed all throughout Donghae upon seeing Hyukjae. He was about to ask what was wrong when Hyukjae’s eyes shifted from his face to somewhere else, Donghae following the direction of her gaze and found her staring at the four suited men, their attentions on them apparently, probably because of Hyukjae’s yell.   It was brief, definitely in such haste, but when Hyukjae met the man’s eyes, cold and intimidating just as she recalled, her breath hitched, stepping backwards as the feelings and the memories throttled her altogether.   She immediately broke into a sprint, with Donghae jumping up a little, standstill and oblivious on the whole situation and what to do for a moment before running after Hyukjae. He was calling out for her name but she kept on without looking back, it wasn’t even helping that Hyukjae did run really fast and Donghae wasn’t built for a tracker. Clutching the strawberry milk tightly in his hand, Donghae kept his eyes on the girl’s back so at least he won’t lose her.   Everything’s in a blur, he wasn’t even aware why Hyukjae’s running but he did know why he was chasing her. The fear in Hyukjae’s face caught him entirely off guard. And he wanted nothing but to wipe it all away.   -   He was stunned for a moment. His eyes locked on the spot where the girl was before. He couldn’t be mistaken. Except for the flaming red hair, the eyes, face, everything was entirely the same. It’s the same person. It’s definitely the same.   “Sir, are you okay?”, Gustav uttered beside him, bringing him back from his reveries. He was pale as snow, his mouth in ajar as he looked up to his right-hand.    “Gustav..”, he started, but for some reasons he couldn’t bring himself to say another word. The man must have understood however as he bowed his head with a quiet reply. “Should I call someone to do the research, Sir?”, Gustav asked and the man he was addressing to, Mr. Lee Won Jun, CEO of Lee Groups of Companies, could only nod in return, exhaling the breath he didn’t know he was holding as he opted to walk yet he realized he was too flabbergasted to move.   Gustav nodded in understanding, excusing himself to make his calls and eyed the two body guards behind them to do their job and look after the CEO while he’s occupied.   Mr. Lee Won Jun sat on a nearby bench, resting his back against its backrest as millions of thoughts run inside his mind. He tried to loosen his tie, although he knew it won’t do anything to stop the feeling of asphyxia, as memories started to pour and remind him of everything, all over again.   -   At one point she must have grown tired that she slowed down, and Donghae took that as an opportunity to keep up. He immediately grabbed the girl’s arm once it was within reach, afraid she might run off again. When he turned her around and saw her face, Donghae realized Hyukjae didn’t hold up because she was exhausted but rather, because she’s too weak.   “Hyukjae..”, Donghae whispered.   Hyukjae was crying again. But it was different this time. It wasn’t like the child-like ones she did when they watched Titanic, or when she found out Hara was cheating on her with Junhyung. It was closed to that one time she cried over her first menstruation, like she was scared over something, perplexed and shivering.   A part of Donghae broke at the sight.   “Hyukjae..”, he mumbled, arms reaching awkwardly as the girl began to shake her head, arms flailing as she looked around. She wasn’t entirely sure what she was searching for, but she felt the need to do so because she didn’t like the feeling of being watched, of being judged. When her eyes fell on Donghae, she immediately grasped his arms, shaking him, forcing him to listen.   “I didn’t mean it, I swear I didn’t I— Listen to me I didn’t want it to happen!”, she exclaimed, followed by a burst of emotions and flood of tears. Donghae was startled but without second thoughts, he wrapped his arms around Hyukjae, holding her tight even if the other’s struggling to pull away. She was crying and sobbing and they were receiving quite some attention but it was the least of his concerns. He pressed her close against his chest, her back to appease her but the soft kiss on her temple did the work for calming her down. She was still sniffing, Donghae heard rather than see, her hand clutching Donghae’s shirt as she mumbled words on his chest.   “Please don’t hate me..”, she uttered in a small voice and although Donghae knew the words weren’t meant for him, he squeezed her in his arms, mumbling words of comfort and “No Hyukjae.. I don’t hate you.”   I can never hate you even if I tried.   -   “Just so you know, you are paying; I am incredibly broke these days.”   Donghae rolled his eyes, reaching for his wallet and taking the bills out, showing Heechul that he’s indeed willing to treat her for this sudden breakfast meeting. Heechul smirked and without further ado indulged in her blueberry cheesecake.   Donghae watched her, patiently waited for her to finish off her meal even though he’s been dying to know everything. It was when she placed her empty cup of café latte did she gazed at him again, and Donghae wished she was really willing to tell.   “So..”, she started, and Donghae sat up straight. “You want me to tell you about Hyukjae and her family?”   He knew he wasn’t in the position to dig in Hyukjae’s life. He was just a friend. He hated the sound of it knowing he wanted to be so much more. But despite the fact that yes, he was just a friend, he couldn’t help but to budge in especially after that little incident that happened on their little date. It seemed to be inappropriate to ask Hyukjae, not that it is now that he’s asking a third person for it, but he knew it would just break Hyukjae to recall those things, and like Hyukjae’s really willing to tell him all of those in the first place.   Of course he wasn’t sure either if Heechul would tell him. From the day he found out that Heechul knew about Hyukjae and Eunhyuk being the same person, he never really had an actual conversation with the pretty blonde and it’s not like there’s anything to talk anyway. Besides, Donghae knew Heechul’s rooting for Kyuhyun very much. Meh.   But it wouldn’t hurt if he tries. And Heechul seemed to be the last option anyway.   “About Hyukjae and her father, but if you want to tell me about her whole family I wouldn’t mind.”, he answered and Heechul scoffed. “Well, I couldn’t talk about Hyukjae and her father without mentioning about her whole family, you see.”, she said, finding a more comfortable position before starting the story.   “The Lee’s private lives were ones of the things they refused to share with the public. That’s one thing we learned ever since the merger of our family and company with them. If you recall, the news about the Lees’ personal lives that were told to the public were only those ones that were related to the Kims. They weren’t celebrities, and unless it was about business and economy, they strongly believed they shouldn’t dish out anything else about themselves. That’s why when young Lee Won Jun married Hyukjae’s mother back then, a daughter of one of the board members, it wasn’t that grand, or big or something worth the headlines and what not. Besides, Lee Won Jun was known to be a player, a self-acclaimed Casanova despite the fact that he’s a multibillionaire heir.   Park Shi Min, Hyukjae’s mom, gave birth to Hyukjae the time Lee Won Jun inherited the company. I don’t remember anything then because I was just three years old but I do recall my mother telling me when I was six that Hyukjae’s the one next in line, and how the men of Lees were so lucky to get all the glory. She showed sympathy, however, to the young Mrs. Lee, because although she’s beautiful and elegant and could win any man’s heart to be honest, she was wedded to Lee Won Jun, who never grew up from his playboy days even after he owned the company.”   Donghae stared at Heechul. He wasn’t that familiar when it comes to the lives of Korea’s biggest businessmen but it was just then did he remembered how Lee Won Jun, business tycoon and multibillionaire, was also nicknamed as Mr. Romantic, with the different women, celebrities after supermodels, achievers and plain pretty faced girls, he was always with in every occasion he was in. Donghae never bothered about it, he wasn’t into business anyway, but he do remembered thinking how big of a jerk Lee Won Jun was. But not entirely because he had the bucks, and the ladies, but even so he’s still a jerk, so much like his own son Eun—   Donghae gasped at
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter