Chapter 17D

OMG! (Oh My Girl!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was only when she was out of the room that she realized what she just did.   Hyukjae frowned for a moment. Did she really just pulled that act and called Donghae cute? And the craziest part was, she wasn't even in the slightest bit regretful for what she said.  Like she meant it and that was what she really thought of the other.   But that can’t be. Damn that’s absurd! Donghae is not cute! Well, okay he is but she shouldn’t have said that out loud! Same goes for Kibum whom she just deliberately mentioned earlier to be handsome, charming, and for goodness sake, cutie pie. Just.. what the hell?   She’s a boy, a real man, a strong, dashing, princely, red-blooded real man. And a more frightening thought struck her when she realized she had only remembered that fact now. Was she enjoying being a girl too much? Wasn’t she the most eager to have her body back? Hyukjae massaged her temples, feeling a major headache coming through with all these effing thoughts swimming in her head. Donghae suddenly appearing on her side certainly didn’t help.   “What?”, the redhead asked, eyeing the brunette who had this weird expression on his face, that one that seemed to say he’s suffering from constipation or something. Hyukjae almost laughed. “W-well..”, Donghae started and the blush that crept on his cheeks didn’t went unnoticed. He looked so coy, and damn Hyukjae thinks it’s.. cute. Damn. Stupid thoughts, just go away!   “Ijustwantosaythatyou’recutetoo.”, he said in a breath and Hyukjae blinked. “I’m sorry, what?” Donghae rubbed his nape. Ugh, this isn’t easy as he thought it would be. “Cute…you.. uhmm.. too.” “What? Are you talking robot language now? Because seriously Donghae that ain’t cool.”, Hyukjae answered, an eyebrow cocked up as she crossed her arms over her chest, judging Donghae and his weird behavior.   Only then did Donghae came to comprehend he was acting rather strange and he’s actually blaming Hyukjae for it. Really. She had caught him entirely off guard when she mentioned him being cute (and all the gestures and stuff), and man Donghae’s not even sure if she meant it. Well, this is Hyukjae he’s talking about alright. It’s always been a challenge to distinguish whether she’s being serious or not. Donghae wanted to laugh at himself. And he did.   Because it was only then that he fully understood Hyukjae. And her effects on him.   “What, you gone mad now? Seriously Hae, this is.. serious.”, Hyukjae uttered, gazing at Donghae chuckling his head off all of a sudden and she wasn’t sure whether to feel annoyed or worried. Donghae waved his hand, as if saying he’s okay or for Hyukjae, ‘Yes, I’m still sane.’ Coming down from the high of his laughter, Donghae shook his head, eyes shifting back to Hyukjae who has bewilderment written all over her pretty face. Donghae snorted.   “I just thought you’re really cute.”, he thought, only to realized later on that he had muttered it out loud. He decided he didn’t mind though. Hyukjae’s reaction was priceless.   She blinked. Breath hitched for a second when Donghae brushed his knuckles softly on her jaw same time he mentioned those words. Hyukjae gulped. Damn she’s.. she’s..   She’s blushing. The hell.   She apprehended that Donghae’s chuckling again (Damn it, he’s giggling!) And Hyukjae knew it was all because of her response.. or maybe Donghae’s just having his Donghae-Laugh-All-He-Wants Day for a change? She’s getting crazy. Oh my, she really is.   “Shut up Donghae, I know that already!”, she answered, flipping her hair (did she really just--) and walking out of the spot. She could still hear Donghae’s laughter, fading as she walked ahead and when not a single sound from the brunette was of her earshot, a stupid smile crept on her face.   Cute. He called her cute. That .     *   “I am a boy.”   She repeated the words over and over, making sure it’ll sink in her head and unwanted thoughts will vanish right there and then. She shouldn’t be confused. She has to clear her head with all those weird stuff and focused on her goal. She’s a boy and she’s going to get her body back. A boy, a man! Not some pretty girl in jumpers every boy in town hits on. And certainly not someone who’s feeling all fluffy and idiotic when someone calls her cute. Ugh. Just no.   “I’m a boy. A man! This is the handsome Lee Eunhyu—ah!”, she bit her lip as she held on her left , immediately regretting the deed of punching her chest like how she always did back when she’s a boy. And she’s a boy! But yeah, she thought she’ll save the chest thump for the time she gets her body back.   Still holding on her chest, she let out a groan when something hit her head. She’s about to curse the hell out of whatever that was when a boy appeared, picking that thing that knocked her and realized it was a small, orange ping pong ball.   “Uhmm, noona.. err.. were you hurt?”, the boy asked, biting his plump lip and although Hyukjae’s initially angry, the big wide eyes and such innocent face of the boy got the best of her. She smiled and shook her head, earning her a grin from the little boy who held her hand right away. “We’re playing ping pong! Join us.. err.. Donghae-hyung’s girlfriend-noona! I’m Kyungsoo by the way!”   Hyukjae recognized him to be one of those kids that were all over Donghae and Yoona earlier. She let Kyungsoo hauled her towards a group of people (mostly kids, the same kids from before), flocking around a ping pong table in the middle of the spacious yard of the Lee Family’s ancestral house.   The table's a little lower than the usual, understandable since the players are Kyungsoo and another boy of his height, or maybe about an inch shorter, thin-lips and small eyes, looking not so patient as he waited for Kyungsoo's return. "I saw Donghae-hyung's girlfriend-noona!", Kyungsoo announced and Yoona and Kibum, the only grown up ones, chuckled while the little kids stared.   "Uhh.. hi?", Hyukjae waved and the children gazed back at her, huge crystal-like eyes all on her and she suddenly felt she’s being scrutinized. “Okay kids, greet Hyukjae-noona.”, Kibum instructed and the little children, all boys, fidgeted a little before finally fiving in. “Hello Hyukjae-noona!”, they chorused, all except the dark-skinned boy on Kibum’s lap. Hyukjae nodded curtly, scratching her nape as she felt a little awkward from all the stares the kids are giving her. “This one is Sehun and Chanyeol, they are our cousins’ sons, so technically they’re mine and Oppa’s nephews.”, Yoona explained, pointing to the pale drowsy-looking kid and the tall, creepy-looking, frizzy-haired boy. Hyukjae remembered them to be those two kids all over Donghae earlier. “Kyungsoo, you already know him, he’s our nephew too.” Hyukjae looked at Kyungsoo, noticing the boy’s still holding her hand as he gave her a very cute, -eating grin. How adorable. Hyukjae decided Kyungsoo is her favorite. “This one is Luhan, he’s the grandson of the Chinese noodle shop owner who’s a really good friend of our grandfather. Pretty, isn’t he?”, Yoona continued, pointing at the little boy beside Sleepy..err, Sehun.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter