Tell

My Best friend, Byun Baekhyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIFTY nine; tell

     You know that pain you feel when you’ve been sitting on your leg or foot the whole time so when you finally move it again, it becomes numb and it hurts like hell. Well, that’s what I feel. That’s how my stomach feels like. I was on the other side of the street, looking at an empty space. Baekhyun was no where to be found. It was hopeless.

My knees fell on the concrete floor. It felt like nothing compared to the pain I’m feeling inside. I don’t mean physical stomach pain, but the pain of picturing how sad and jealous Baekhyun is right now.

“Lara, please.” A voice from behind tells me. I felt a touch on my shoulder, helping me get up. I turned to look who it was. It was Luhan, the one who tried to stop me earlier.

He looked at me from down my lips to the top of my head. He never gets tired of giving me an anxious look, does he?

“I think I’m becoming weaker by the second.” I gave him a frail smile, trying to lighten up the mood.

His face turned from worried to disappointed which made my smile fade. “I can take you to the hospital to have your treatment and pay the bills too if I have to.”

I freaked out. It was too much for me, he was being too kind and I couldn’t even repay his kindness now so what more if he helps with my treatment. “Don’t! It’s okay.”

“Let’s just get you back to Daemi’s house to rest, alright?”

I nod. And he took me there while holding my hand. A part of me felt comfort but mostly, guilt surrounded my whole. I’m with Luhan and he is holding my hand, taking me back to rest, while Baekhyun’s probably upset in his room and sleepless.

Back at the house, it was already silent and all who’s around now is Chanyeol, Daemi, Luhan and I. Of course, Daemi’s mother is also there but she was in some other room.

Luhan helped me sat down on the couch and the moment I got relaxed, he started to say: “Daemi, Lara’s feeling worse than ever and she still refuses to take treatment.”

“Wait – what?!” My eyes peered at him. I didn’t expect for him to say that. I felt a slight betrayal.

Both Chanyeol and Daemi looked at me in disappointment. The male’s hands were in his pockets and I heard him sighed. And Daemi’s arms crossed, only showing how upset she is with me.

“We’ll get you to the nearest hospital or I’ll tell him.” Daemi sounds serious. This was one of the moments were you can tell there was no stopping her. She was really poker-faced. It was rare of me to see that face.

I couldn’t look at it too long. My eyes shifted to the ground as I fiddle with my fingers, feeling quite ashamed of how I’ve been acting for the past months. The room was silent. It was a killer kind of silence. They were waiting for me to answer. Any time now I could feel Daemi reaching for her phone and call Baekhyun. But I can’t let that happen.

It was time for me to say something.

A sigh escaped my lips. I turn to face my female friend. I see her looking at me the same way she did just a few minutes before I looked away. “Fine, I’ll take chemotherapy.”

 

***

“You’ve been up one more stage, Miss Seo” the doctor says. “Having stomach cancer is a rare case here in South Korea, I’m afraid we don’t have enough equipment to treat this. I’m going to have to recommend going to this hospital.”

The guy in the white coat hands out a glossy pamphlet. I peeked at the text while Daemi, Luhan and my mother scan through

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter