Christmas

My Best friend, Byun Baekhyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOURTY three; christmas


      

     The late evening sky had gotten me shivering. It was cold and the area where I was walking to was silent. Lights of the houses were still lit up but they were all quiet. The flickering lights of limited number of posts are giving me quiet a scare but nonetheless it didn’t stop me from looking for him.

   My palms were getting a bit sweaty even though the air was chilly, I was a tad bit too much worried about Baekhyun. The way he just left like that in the fields was something else. Was he jealous? There was nothing to be insecure about. I want to stop and think but it would take up much of my time. I have to know that he’s okay.

   I stopped and turn at the house. The same old house I’ve ran into when Soya called me and the same old feeling. Anxiety.

   My heart throbbed when my body faced the shiny wooden door. Do I knock? Is he in here? So many questions fluttered out of my mind. I lift my hand up, knocking three times. “Hello?” I cried out.

   I was about to continue but then I heard chimes of metal crashing into one another. The sound of keys swinging around was stopping me from saying another word. My head shifted to the right, looking at the person.

It’s him. It’s Byun Baekhyun.

   “Where’d you go?” I said softly. He was gazing up on me, it was brief but it’s a great relief to know that he is okay. The boy just walk all the way to the door, ignoring what I’ve said which shunts my heart. Instead of answering me, he gave me a blank stare which signaled me that he was angry.

   But whenever I’m close to him, my heart pounds fast like it was the first time. No wonder why I felt like this, he is jealous and that made me realize that he cares, he cares very much. He pushes the key into the key hole and stole a glance while I was absent-mindedly staring at him. He gave me a smile which was out of the blue. My head tilted in big confusion.

   I bit my lip in much guilt, I hurt him yet he still has the urge to smile. That’s ridiculous, I thought. “I’m so sorry,” I busted out. “I didn’t mean to hurt you or what so ever. It was none of my intentions to talk to him and I didn’t know that you would get jealous just because I answered Sehun’s video call.”

“Sehun and I are just friends, okay?” I continued. “Please don’t get mad at me.” And all that time, my eyes were pinned to the grou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter