Promposes

My Best friend, Byun Baekhyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIFTY Seven; Promposes

   A month has passed since Baekhyun and I were together. It was a happy relationship. It’s like we’ve continued what we started. We’ve been going to school together, he’s always with me, making me happy, and when school is over either he comes over or he just takes me home.

It’s February and since it’s first day, I’ve been seeing prom proposals here and there; before school, during breaks and after school. Prom is near and I’ve thought about going so I can make use of the jewelry set that Baekhyun gave me.

Speaking of which, the notebook that Baekhyun gave me last Christmas is not in my locker anymore. The day after Baekhyun gave me a ring, I went to my locker fast to get that notebook but I searched everywhere; in my locker, my bag, my desk and after school, I looked for it in the house but it wasn’t there. I’m afraid I lost it but it’s funny because It never left my locker.

It was February 9 and in less than a week, prom is coming. I’m walking to school, alone. It was a peaceful walk without Baekhyun. He said he was going to school early but said no reason. While looking around the guys who were “promposing” to girls, I felt a light touch on my shoulder. I turned to my back to see.

“Hey Chanyeol.” I greeted him.

He smiled widely as usual. “Where are you headed?”

“Oh,” I looked at my way. “I’m going to the classroom.”

“Will Dae-mi be there?” he asked, walking beside me.

I checked my watch. “Dae-mi would be running a little late but I guess she’s on the way.”

“Well then, Can I ask you something?”

I stopped and looked up to him. “Sure, Yeol.”

He stopped as soon as I did and his hand was on his nape. “Does Dae-mi like… pizza?”

A giggle came out of me upon hearing his question. I guess it was part of his promposal to Dae-mi. “Yeah,” I smile. “She loves cheese so she loves pizza.”

He smiles and continues to walk with me.

“You’re going to ask her, huh?” I asked him even though it was the most obvious thing.

He nods and I looked to the side to see. “I’m kind of nervous to be honest. I mean, I don’t know if she’ll says because every time I try to do something I feel so lame and I end up not doing it anymore.”

“You’ll be fine.” I say. I know my girl friend, she appreciates everything that Chanyeol does for her. “What are you going to do?”

“Oh! That reminds me.” He stops me and goes in front of my way. “You’re willing to help me, right?”

I smiled again. “How can I help?”

“After school, can you distract Dae-mi for at least 15 minutes before she goes home?”

“I’ll be glad to.” I giggle at the idea of being my friend’s distraction.

He bows to me, forming a perfect 90 degree angle. “Thank you so much, Lara.”

“No problem.” I say as he straightens up and walks with me to the classroom.

“I heard Baekhyun’s not goint to make it to prom.”

I nod, not really feeling bad because I understand. I’m not some clingy girlfriend who gets upset about almost everything. “But I’m going. I have a lot of reasons to go, one is because It’s probably my last party.”

“Still not taking chemo, huh?” his smile turned from a smile to straight line. “But you’ll make it to Graduation ball, right?”

I shook my head. “I’m not taking it. Let’s let it be. I’m feeling worse but it feels nothing when I have Baekhyun around.” I sighed. “Baekhyun will probably attend.”

“Don’t you think it’s a little unfair to be with Baekhyun when you know you’re dying? Don’t you think that a life with Baekhyun is a life worth living and you’re going to miss it forever with that decision of you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter