At War

My Best friend, Byun Baekhyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty Five; At War

 

 

Hours later, I fell asleep, I don’t remember when or when but as I felt a few movements my eyes quickly opened up.  My head lifted up seeing every inch of where I am right now. I was still in his house although I know I’m in a lot of trouble for not going home, I didn’t mind it at all since all I ever see is Baekhyun with his eyes opened ,laying on his bed while I was sitting on a chair on his side.

“Are you okay?” I rubbed my eyes and stretched a little. He was still a bit confused; his eyes were wandering around his room and he examined his left arm that had a bandage. I was a bit speechless. You know, before this happened, we had a big argument that hurt me inside out.
“Lara I-“ He was speechless as well.

I quickly shook my hand, saying “No, no! It’s okay, just rest there for a while”. But he looked at me seriously and sat up slowly. “I don’t know though” He sighed.
“How come?” I tilted my head, “Do you still have a fever? Does your arm still hurt? I questioned him like a nurse.

He looked away. “I’m okay physically. Not emotionally nor mentally” he folded his arms in a very disappointed matter. “Can you tell me why?” I looked at him even though he tried to avoid my eyes. He was being immature.
He eyed at me with a ‘Do you even know me?’ face. “No, I don’t do that and besides, you’ll only tell the others” he rolled his eyes.

What? Does he not trust me anymore? This is outrageous. “Wow, okay. Fine, whatever. But y’know I’m always here” I stood up, very dissatisfied.
“Would you really tell them if I told you?” he stood up as well and tried to stop me from walking away. “Of course not, if you say not to tell them then I won’t tell. I don’t know about you and your trust issues” I shot a serious look at him which made him doubt again. Seriously? He still does not trust me, unbelievable.

“Promise!” I raised my left hand up and the other on my chest, promising like a girl scout. He still eyed on me, he’s thinking about trusting me or not. “Fine, do you really promise?” He raised an eyebrow.
God, please just believe me. I would never break a promise especially when it comes to you.

I just nod and hold my pinky out. The tip of his lip curved a bit and his hand reached mine then he puts my pinky down while shaking his head. Oh. Was that so childish?
“I feel really bad about it, I mean, you don’t hide stuff like that to your friend, right?” he sighed and looked down. I tilted my head and looked at his eyes. “ Well, maybe Kris or In-na was both scared to tell you?” I wondered.

He sits down on his bed and says “Why? Why on earth would they be scared? I wouldn’t bite them. I can’t understand them. This is all crap, I’m going crazy. I don’t really like how Kris treats In-na” he pinched his nose afterwards and added “Please explain everything. I know you know a lot”.
My head leaned a bit back surprised that he knows that I’m very familiar of what’s happening to In-na and Kris.

Baekhyun is insensitive when it comes to others but he seems to be so observant and very sensitive when it comes to In-na. It’s something that In-na is lucky for. He didn’t seem to mind other girls, just her. That’s how loyal Baekhyun is, I guess.

“It goes like this; I heard gossips about In-na having a suitor. I become so damn curious; I really thought it was you. And that In-na was going to confess her feelings to him also. Then a few days later, I was bugged because in weibo, twitter and cyworld they were all teasing In-na about being in love and things about saying ‘yes’ to that certain person. I started asking people but they wouldn’t tell me and then I heard news that In-na and her suitor have this “mutual understanding” thing going on. I looked around twitter and saw that In-na and Kris have this fling with each other. I did ask Rose about it and she told me it was Kris. I couldn’t believe it at first because I thought it was you all along but I was wrong.” I looked down and tried to catch my breath.

Then I continued “I don’t know how Kris confessed but after he admitted his feelings to In-na, it was very, VERY awkward at first then In-na kinda grew feelings for Kris as well then there…” I was quiet finished. It was his turn to react but he remained silent for a while.

He looked at you and started saying “They love each other I get it but I don’t like the way Kris treats In-na. Lay did saw them once in the canteen, Lay told Kris to sit beside In-na but then Kris tells Lay that he doesn’t want to be with THAT girl. After that, when they were done eating and Kris wasn’t done yet, he told In-na to wait for him. The nerve of that guy. Lucky that Lay was there and he shouted at Kris saying ‘SERIOUSLY DUDE, AWHILE AGO YOU DIDN’T WANT TO SIT BESIDE HER. NOW

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter