Caring man

My Best friend, Byun Baekhyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter fourty;caring man


 

   “Students, prepare yourselves for a whole day practice and training for the sports fest tomorrow. Teachers, please proceed to the conference room for a 15 minute meeting. Class officers, please take charge of your homeroom classmates while your teachers are at the meeting. Thank you” we heard the principal through the speakers outside the hall. I could already see my classmates’ smiling faces, knowing that there are no subjects for today.
   I was at the comfort room, brushing my hair. Jaja and I changed into our sports attire for our cheer dance practice later on. We have a few hours left to practice and we still needed to polish a lot of routines, so we’re merely stressed about it because the cheer dance competition will be held on the first day after the opening ceremony.

   Everyone, except cheer dancers were still in their classrooms while we head along in our own practice venues. Before I could go down and practice, I waved my hand to Baekhyun who was looking at me from the inside of the classroom. He looked like he slept well, seeing that he has a smile on his face while waving back at me which is a totally good motivation to practice hard.
   At the practice venue, Jaja lead the exercise while I sat down the floor, I finished my stretching first—of course, scrolling around my messages. Ji-min, another senior, playfully skipped towards me and swiped my phone away from my hands. I tried to get it back but she was too tall. She was tapping buttons and I had no idea what she was doing. No one but our friends know about Baekhyun and I’s mutual feelings. We were scared to tell others because one might betray us and tell Mrs. Cha. So I panic with the fact that Ji-min has my hand phone.
   “He’s your crush, right?” she showed me my phone’s changed wallpaper from my selca with the teddy bear, that Baekhyun bought for my birthday, to Baekhyun’s face.
   I sheepishly smiled and rode along.  “Yes,” I grabbed the phone. “My crush” I said, followed by an awkward laugh.
   She giggles with an eye smile. “The next time I swipe your phone, I want to see his face as your wallpaper still, okay?” she said and skipped back to her position. I rolled my eyes. Whatever, I didn’t bother to change it anyway.

   A few hours later, after the first-half of the dance has been polished, we decided to make a 15 minute break. I chose to spend the break buying water for Baekhyun and myself then watching him train for basketball. Luckily, it was his break also so he was sitting down with his friends and Daemi.
   “What’re you doing here?” Baekhyun said while he was seated and holding my waist with one arm. I was standing beside him, handing him the bottle as he looked at me with furrowed brows. “For me?” he asked. I just nod as I sip on my own water bottle.
   “BAEKHYUN!” someone shouted from afar. All heads turn to the right where we heard the voice.  It was Kai who was running towards us. “What is it?” Baekhyun said.
   “Remember Hyereong?” the tan boy said while panting. Baekhyun lets go of his hold on my waist. “Yeah, why?”
   “She wants to ask you something” he said while sitting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter