I Need You

My Best friend, Byun Baekhyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter twenty four; i need you


 

“Lara, Baekhyun won’t open his door, he’s not answering his phone and eventually he’s alone in the house. You have the key to his room, right?”

Soya’s voice was very anxious, a type of anxious that had me worried enough to cancel my date with Luhan. I didn’t know why I stood there and panicked, I thought I had to. I didn’t need to but my limbs automatically took me where I should be.

The clouds were covering the stars this night but I couldn’t care less of the weather. I was running very fast to the street wherein I used to bike along. It didn’t take awhile for me to notice that I missed going to this road. Foolishly smiling and merrily skipping going to the Byuns’ house, it was a routine almost every morning in my early high school life.

“Soya?” I called her while going inside the house. The house was not new to me but it seems different. It’s a whole mess. I could feel dust bunnies in the corners of the house while walking through the staircase.

“Lara!” but instead of a female boyish voice, I heard a deep and manly voice. I looked at the left side of the hallway where I saw Chanyeol and Soya standing there, hopeless. “Can’t you guys really bust the door?” I calmly said without showing off my nervous side.

Chanyeol grimaces “You know how rich Baek’s parents are, they don’t like those inappropriate actions”. I hurried to the door and pull out the keys from my pocket. “I told him It’s alright since we can go order or buy another door but noooo” Soya mocked him.

I can’t believe these two. If they care so much about Baekhyun they should have busted the door hard without hesitation.

Opening the door to the room seemed like forever. The doorknob won’t budge at first but after a few seconds it eventually opened. Soya’s head popped in first,  Chanyeol came second but I sneaked in between them and impatiently went inside.

“Baekhyun-ah?” Soya called him. His room was dark, windows closed with curtains down, lights were turned off and his room was a whole lot of mess. Some of his shirts are just lying on the floor, his books were disorganized in his study desk and his bed wasn’t made at all.

“Man, I’ve never seen Baekhyun so… messy” Chanyeol was lost for words. “But where is he?” Soya was looking around his room.
I looked at the bathroom door, it was closed. My heart was palpitating, not because I knew he was there, it’s because of what he would do in there. A lot of scenarios popped out of my mind. One of them could be right and to find out I slowly walked to the door. It felt like a horror movie wherein the girl opens the door and finds something that would scar her life.

“Lara” Soya called me; she’s probably worried and maybe insists that she would open it herself. I didn’t want her to. Whatever it was that’s inside, I want to be the first one to know.

I reached for the doorknob, let out a big sigh and opened the door. Half of the door is open; I could already see his legs. I couldn’t take it anymore; I should just get this over with. I fully opened the door which exposed Baekhyun lying on the bathroom floor. Chanyeol and Soya took a stare at him, their shocked faces seemed to have no effect on me.

My eyes laid at Baekhyun for a whole minute. I could just burst into mixed emotions inside that room.  His body was coldly lying on the floor, his lips were as pale as the white snow, his head and left arm was resting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter