Rest

My Best friend, Byun Baekhyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty nine;  Rest


 

   Later that day, my eyes were closed, head was on desk and all things were a big fantasy; in a beach where I see the breathtaking sunset with Baekhyun. His hands holding mine and I look at him and his shining eyes. He’s beautiful.

“Seo Lara!” a high-pitched voice yelled me back to reality. “Eh?” my eyelids slowly rose up, seeing a blurry image of a girl in a headband.

“Aish! This girl” I heard another female voice from behind.  I sit up straight and rubbed my eyes. Looking around, I saw Daemi and Soya with their eyes on me, not even blinking. “What’s up?” I smiled with a morning voice. “You slept for 3 periods, it’s recess time. C’mon” Daemi said, holding both of my arms, pulling me up.

   The two head a long, a few feet away from me. I was left, reminiscing with the events hours ago that no one knows except for Baekhyun and I. Both tips of my lips dangle around my ears with the thought of him. I look like a girl from the mental hospital, randomly smiling for no reason at all.

My body bumped into something. “Woah there”  this time it was a male’s voice. My head turned to him. It was Sehun. “Hey, how are you two—wait, where’s hyung? Did he go home already?”

I nodded with a smile, pretending I was okay without him at school. “Sehun-ah! Let’s go eat together” Daemi clung to Sehun’s arm, leaving Sehun with an awkward smile. “Sure, but Chanyeol hyung is not going to like this” he pinpoint the girl’s arm.

“Honestly,” Daemi pouts. “I’m getting a little frustrated with Chanyeol. He doubts my feelings for him. He over thinks a lot and I hate it”
“Give him time to ask you out to be his girlfriend soon” Sehun smiled.
“I’m not asking for a relationship though. I just want him to believe that I really do like him and stop being so pretentious saying that I look better with this and that” Daemi huffed.
“Want me to talk to him?” I suggested and she nods several times.

***

   In the cafeteria, we were gathered in one big table; Daemi, Soya, Chanyeol, Sehun, Kai, Rose, Jaja, us friends…  except Baekhyun.  I was observing the two, Daemi and Chanyeol, they look so cute. Chanyeol was feeding Daemi with some rice cakes. I tilted my head, wondering what it feels to be that sweet with Baekhyun.

“You guys better not do that when Mrs. Cha is around” Kai chuckled, looking at the couple as well.

Daemi glared at the chuckling male. “Excuse me,” she raised an eyebrow. “Why not?”

Our attention turned to the two, who were about to argue. “I’m serious. Mrs. Cha is strict with Public Display of Affection. She makes couples go to her office and most of the couples who go there end with a break up” Kai stated while opening his soda can. Daemi’s jaw dropped, she never knew about Teacher Cha. None of us got to be neither her teacher nor advisory class but we’ve heard a lot about her and what Kai said about her was true.

“We’re not even in a relationship” Chanyeol defended. With his answer, Daemi looked down. “But it seems like you guys are. She might separate you two or worse…” Jaja added, leaned forward and whispered “...tell your parents”

Daemi’s head rose up and looked pretty annoyed. “What!? The ‘tell your parents’ part is so okay since I’m allowed to date any one I want but separate us? What?! Like we’re not allowed to see each other at school? That’s just wrong” she was infuriated.

“I know right,” Sehun played with his food. “She shouldn’t mess with students’ personal lives.”
With the things we’re talking about right now, it scares me. “Why are we having this conversation?” I looked away.

Sehun faced me with a sheepish smile. “Don’t worry Lara; Baekhyun won’t let Mrs. Cha separate you two. Besides, you guys are a semi-coupl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter