Good Friend

My Best friend, Byun Baekhyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter 30; GOOD FRIEND


 

“Luhan?”

The boy laughed in a charming way. Was I mistaken?

   He made me face him and cupped my cheeks, slowly wiping my tears away using his thumbs. And with that, I see it all clearly. “Baekhyun?” my tone was showing a big disbelief. Is this for real?
“Seora, I want to you know that you’re okay. Are you?” He stared at me, ignoring what I said.

   His eyes looked very anxious, looking at his pupils and seeing my reflection. He didn’t look away a second, he’s worried. Very worried.
Without any more hesitation, I tiptoed to give him a quick kiss on the cheek. “Thank you”. I couldn’t possibly hug the person since I’m all covered in rotten kimchi. I examined his face. It was shocked at first but then his lips curved up showing his gorgeous smile.
“Now let’s get you cleaned up” he held my hand. I followed his steps to his locker; it was a silent walk though. He opened his locker, handing me a gym bag.

   My eyes were as wide as the ocean, confused eyes met his. “What’s this?” I lifted the bag and he smiled at my question. “That” he pointed “is the bag you told me to keep last school year. It was filled with your needs and mine in case an emergency occurs”. Oh that, now I remember. “Extra uniform and a towel is waiting for you inside that thing” he turned around to lead me to the ladies’ room.  “Go now” he signaled me to go in and clean up.
   Though I was half-obeying him and half-amazed with the fact that after all the awkwardness we’ve been through and all the bitterness I’ve showed him, he’d still keep this bag and probably some other things I’ve left with him when we were still best friends. It’s was those moments when I just want to shout how much I love the guy.

   After cleaning up, I opened the bag to scan other items to bring back sweet memories. One of the items was alcohol. He used to squirt that on In-na’s blazer just to get her attention and In-na would threaten him if he doesn’t stop. I used to think they’re very cute and a destined couple. And they’re still right now… without the couple part.
   Speaking of In-na, I remembered that she just broke up with Kris with a relationship that did not even last a month. And just a while ago when I was humiliated I front of hundreds where she was with Baekhyun at the back area of the crowd. He probably asked her if he can bring her to prom. Now everybody’s happy.

   I got out of the room as I handed Baekhyun the bag. “Thanks for keeping it” I smiled. He placed it back in his locker and faced me. “Did you hear everything that Ahra said?” I asked out of the blue. Baekhyun slid his hands inside his pockets and tilted his head. “I was playing basketball with my friends, I saw Daemi running fast like she had never before and said you were in trouble. I hurried to see you inside the cafeteria and I see you covered in kimchi and some drink, crying like the whole world is against you. It brought pain inside of me and it was too much. I want Seora to be safe…” he was gazing at my eyes. He continued “…in my arms and not anyone else’s.”

   My whole world stopped. I tried to replay his words again but I just couldn’t trust my hearing anymore. Did I hear right? Am I wishful thinking?

“You’re a good friend” I was lost for words.
“Friend?” he furrowed his brows. I didn’t know wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter