Waltz

My Best friend, Byun Baekhyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty Seven; Waltz


 

One Sunny Thursday, it was recess time at school. I haven’t seen Luhan since this morning. Today, If I do see him, I’ll state a cool off until I sort my feelings and emotions out. I can’t be seen acting all weird and sweet to two different guys. Gossipers will start rumors.

I was sitting on the hallway floor with Chanyeol. He asked me to stay with him to finish his project, I don’t even know why he wanted to do it here.
While he was eating his snack and at the same time cutting a piece of sticker paper, he spoke to me.

“I actually know 3 people who like you” he said with a smile.
“What?”
“I said,” He ate the last piece of biscuit and continued “I know 3 people who likes Lara” he pointed at me.
“Me?” I pointed to myself, in doubt.

He looked at me with a “are you kidding me?” face. “No, the lockers” He was being sarcastic. I raised a brow in hesitation; I didn’t want to believe him. It would only complicate a lot things.
“I’m serious” he nodded and continued working on his project.  Is he really?
I approach him closely. “Can you tell me who?” I smiled at him, hoping that he would tell me. But he shook his head with a mischievous face.
“Why not?” I pouted. “Because,” he paused to take a look at me “It’ll ruin your friendship with those two other boys and you’re close with 3 out of three and 1 out of three has confessed to you already”.
I pinched my brows together. “Luhan…” I realized. And Chanyeol just nods.

“Can you at least give me clues?” I leaned my head forward to his head to make him give me generous amount of hints.  I guess I’m a bit curious. Why do I want to know anyway? I’ll only act awkward around that person if I knew. But, yes, I wanted to know if Baekhyun is one of those three. Call me assuming but I can’t help it.

“I’ll give clues about one person only, deal?” he smiled. I sighed, not really expecting that answer but it could get worse than that so I just nod to accept the deal.
“One of those boys have great hair, he has liked you for a month or two and you’re sort of close with him” he gave so many but not so helpful.

Great hair? I thought about that. Thinking and daydreaming; seeing Baekhyun walking down the hall with that gorgeous hair of his. But the ‘liked you for a month or two and SORT of close with him’ drags Baekhyun’s chances down. Damn.

But am I even close with Baekhyun still? It’s pretty weird how everything is so different with him. I’m with other people and I’m oh so active while when he’s around, I’m all quiet and such. What’s wrong with me?

“Can you please tell me who?” I pleaded. Chanyeol kept shaking head while he happily does his project. I grew frustrated, wishing that Chanyeol didn’t tell me right from the start.
“But, so I can stop assuming, it’s not Baekhyun, right?” I looked down, 90% knowing that his answer would be…

“No, I would want it to be him for you to be happy but sadly no” He still does his project. The bell rings. I stayed still, knowing that Baekhyun wouldn’t like me at all and I really don’t stand a chance and that I should not assume. Hearing those words from his own best friend, it feels truthful and makes me want to fully give up.

Chanyeol ended up staring at me with a frowning face. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have told you all that” he sighed and stood up. I wanted to stand but I stayed paralyzed, I don’t know what to do anymore. He doesn’t like me at all and I’m not his “someone important”. It’s still In-na for sure.

He lends me his hand to help me stand up. “Let’s go?” he asked. I want to look at him but I’m really paralyzed and it felt like my feet is stuck on the floor there forever. Chanyeol held my shoulders and looked me I the eyes. “Lara, forget about it, okay? Pretend I didn’t say those words” he said calmly.

Students came up from the cafeteria. Out of all those people, I noticed one person.  Walking towards us, with that messed up but y hair, his ed blazer, those mesmerizing eyes, lips t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter