Huggles

My Best friend, Byun Baekhyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER thirty six; huggles


 

November 18th of 2013

   I usually expect the unexpected especially since what happened in the previous days where Baekhyun and Jaja were obviously teasing me to Sehun.

   It’s our Christmas Party on the 20th of December. Today, we picked out our exchange gift person. I was the second to the last to be called out to pick a paper. There were 2 pieces of folded paper left, the one on the left and the one on the right.

   I picked out the paper on the right because right is always right. Okay, I kid.
As I unfold the paper, my heart trembled fast seeing the first three characters. Byun. Until it was fully opened…Baekhyun.

Out of all people, why him? We were 31 in the class. I checked our reminders area where the wishlist of the class was posted. I scanned his wishlist. A nerf gun, a basketball, a guitar and lastly, a sweater jacket. I had to pick one but wouldn’t be sweet if I give him all? Not so sweet for my wallet though.

It’s Sportfest on the 27th to 29th and as usual, there are trainings and practices.

And after practice, Baekhyun and I would walk home. Like Today, our steps are in sync and our bodies are a few inches away, walking on the snow filled street.

   He pokes me on my right arm. My eyes turn up to his face.
“Yeah?”
   He looks at me with a curious face. For the first time, I heard his voice again. He usually doesn’t talk to me so even the simplest “hello” from him would actually make my day. “Where do you practice your cheer?”.
“Why do you want to know?” I mischievously grinned at him. It took awhile for him to answer; he wasn’t even looking at me anymore. “Hm,” he stopped and folded his arms in a childish matter. “You don’t want to tell me” he assumed.

   I couldn’t help but giggle at the immature manners he was showing me. “It’s not that. I was just asking as well.”
His pout made his lips look like a heart. He’s cute, yes. “Someone…” he rubbed the back of his head. “Someone is asking”. His response made me doubt, I raised an eyebrow. “Who is it?”

   He cringed. “You still don’t want me to know” he said in a voice full of aegyo. “You still haven’t answered me.”

   He’s giving up, slowly. “Sehun was asking”.

Isn’t there a day where I didn’t hear him say the other guy’s name?

   “Basement” I answered and started walking, leaving him behind. I heard his footstep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter