A Taste of Idol Life

The Bullet Taken

 

 

29th April 2013, Hongdae, Seoul, 2.57pm.

Rury's POV :

Since she wouldn't move, I pushed her forwards, towards the stage. She almost fell but quickly regained her balance.

She turned around and glared HARD at me. Little baby is angry?

Why did I do that? Well... I truly believe Yeon Ah has a talent. She's not some ordinary girl. Her passion for dancing and rapping is as big as her heart. She just won't show them! 

Most people look like crap next to Yeon Ah, and I'm not even exaggerating. I may sound harsh because this upsets me. Why is she like this? Always trying to hide her abilities. Modest much huh. 

If she were to become an Idol, she'd be a top one. The talent, the beauty, the brain, the personality. Perfect pack. 

Just give it a try Yeon Ah. Fighting baby!

 

Yeon Ah's POV :

I shot deadly glares at Rury.

Just WHY? WHYYYY? I'm gonna die I swear. What am I doing here?

The MC was approaching me, still smiling.

"Hello agasshi, what's your name?" He asked politely and quite loudly.

"Erm.. Yeon Ah." I said in the lowest voice possible.

"Sorry, I didn't hear what you said. Can you repeat louder please?" NO. I wanted to shout no and run away.

"Yeon Ah." I said, this time clear and loud. My usual tone.

"Yeon Ah?" He repeated after me. ARE YOU DEAF?

"Yes." 

"Yeon Ah-sshi! Nice to meet you! What a pretty name you have! Your parents have good taste."

"Hmm... I found it myself." I explained. Everyone started laughing, including the MC and Rury. Are they making fun of me? I pouted.

"You're really funny Yeon Ah-sshi hahahahaha." the MC laughed more. Is it me or he has tears in his eyes? WTF? Am I that amusing?

"Actually, I'm Chinese. So..." I explained to stop the laughters. I have this strange power of making myself embarrassed.

"Your accent is really good though! Sorry if I laughed." The MC complimented me.

"Thanks." I replied simply.

"So can you do the splits for us? You're wearing a jogging so It should be okay right?" He eyed my clothes. Fortunately, I was wearing a pair of jeans.

"Yeah..."

"Everyone, please give a round of applauses to Yeon Ah-sshi!!" The MC screamed in his microphone. I felt a gush of confidence invading me.

I did the splits rapidly and skillfully. I heard comments like "Wouah daebak!" "She reminds me of Victoria when she does it!" and ... "Youuuhouuu Yeon Ah!" Rury, a big troll.

I got up and bowed to the public. I was about to get off the stage when the MC asked me to stay a bit more.

And well, it's impolite to decline.

I was looking at the public. Most of them were smiling at me.

My eyes landed on someone pretty familiar. He looked so much like the guy who fell asleep on me on the plane!

Unconsciously, I smiled at him.

 

Jin's POV :

Did she recognized me? 

I was staring at her smiling. She's beautiful.

And wouah. I think everyone was surprised because she did the splits really quickly, like zooom. The MC started speaking again.

"Yeoreobun, who likes to dance? I'm sure there are many dancers among you!" He beamed.

Next to me was an excited Gukkie jumping up and down. I knew he wanted to go on stage but couldn't.

Why is he staring at us like that? What? Do I have something on my face?

Oh no. Is he starting to approach us? We were dressed in comfortable outfits, perfectly fitted for dancing. He must think we're here to perform!

NOOOOOO. Don't come any closer.

"MC-sshi, Yeon Ah dances better than most Idols. You must see her dance!" That girl screamed, making the MC turned to look at her. It was close. Thank you miss I-don't-know-your-name.

*That was SO close.* both Namjoon and Jeongguk heaved a sigh of relief.

 

Yeon Ah's POV :

Ok. I'm definitely dead. I just want to dig a hole in the mountain and bury myself in. 

BURY ME ALIVE PLEASE. GOODBYE CRUAL WORLD.

Whyy. Whyyy Rury.

The MC came back to me.

"Yeon Ah-sshi, I was sure you were a dancer. What do you like?" He asked gently.

"Hiphop." I responded.

"SHE DANCES SOOO WELL! I PROMISE!" Rury screamed as if someone was going to take her life.

"I'll expect a lot from you then Yeon Ah-sshi!" He exclaimed brightly.

"Ani.. I-" I tried to find an excuse when Rury cut me off.

"GO, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AND DANCE." Lol Rury was scolding me or was I dreaming?

Right away, the crowd started to clap and scream for me to dance.

"But..." I was cut off AGAIN.

"No buts! Just dance!" Mr. Bright Smile beamed at me.

What can I do? Since I'm already here.. Let's just do it. Do well Yeon Ah. You're filmed. Think of it as a good experience. Do your best. It's gonna be okay!

I tried to cheer myself up inwardly.

"Yeon Ah! Look here! I'm filming you with your phone akay?" Rury said. I just nodded.

"Yeon Ah-sshi, on which song would you like to dance to?" Mr.Bright Smile asked me.

They can't possibly have the American musics I dance to right? Hmm... an hip-hop song... I found it!

"Do you have Bangtan Boys's song We Are Bulletproof?"

*Our song? She knows us? Wahh* JeongJinJoon thought at the same time.

"Of course! DJ, music please!"

Soon after, I heard the beginning of the song. I started moving to the beat, then slowly I became more and more confident and danced with a burning passion.

I was in my own world, although I never forgot to look at the public and flashed smiles here and there at them.

Well, I was so into my element that I'm pretty sure I smirked a lot as well. 

I actually felt so so good on stage. I had a taste of what an Idol feels when he performs. This feeling is indescribable.

As the music was coming to an end, I did a final move and stopped. 

Surprise. How did I manage to do it? 

The crowd went wild. Claps and applauses were the only things I could hear.

 

Jungkook's POV :

NOONA IS SO BREATHTAKING! Her friend wasn't lying when she said she was better than most Idols. She looked so passionate!

Noona! I want to dance with you!

 

Jin's POV :

*dugum dugum*

*dugum dugum* 

Why is my heart beating so fast?

I have to say she danced divinely well. Hoseok would love to dance with her.

*dugum dugum*

Yeon Ah... What are you doing to me?

 

Yeon Ah's POV :

I was catching my breath... 

and I was feeling utmost happiness. My smile wouldn't leave my face.

I was wondering where I found such boldness?

I bowed to the public once again.

"Can I go now...?" I asked.

"Noooo! Stay!" He screamed like a mad person.

"You're an impressive dancer! Have you already thought of becoming an Idol?"

"No." Was my tone too icy?

"Really? Public, what do you think of her performance?" He turned to the crowd.

"AMAZING!" They screamed. Oh I love you all mouah mouah.

"Yeon Ah jjang!" Rury screamed two octaves above. I gave her a goofy smile. 

"Now, you're going to rap for us!" She added.

My smile faded.

WHATTTTTTT?

"Wouah, do you rap too?" Mr. Bright Smile looked at me, greatly surprised.

"Actually she sings too! Her tone of voice is really special!" Rury, stop bulling.  

"No, I prefer rapping." I quickly said.

"Ok, then on what song do you want to rap?"

"Do I really have to do this?" I made puppy eyes.

"Of course! So did you choose?" He said in a matter-of-factly. Oh it.

Hmm.. I recently learned the lyrics of No More Dream.

"Bangtan Boys's No More Dream."

"Are you their fan?" He asked me, interested.

"Yeah, I really like them." I gave him a killer eye-smile.

 

#Nowplaying No More Dream - BTS

 

I was so into it that I started smirking here and there again. I wasn't static on stage. I'd move here and there, clapping and engage the public to sing along with me by leaning towards the public with my microphone.

Once I had finished, I felt very proud. I did the rappers' part without stuttering or stopping in my tracks.

"PLEASE GIVE A HUGE ROUND OF APPLAUSES FOR YEON AH-SSHI BECAUSE SHE DESERVES IT! YEON AH I'M YOUR FAN!!!" screamed Mr. Bright Smile. I just couldn't help but laugh and gave him a wink.

I heard from the public "SHE'S SO GREAT!!" "I'M ALREADY HER FAN!" "I'M SO HAPPY I WAS ABLE TO FILM EVERYTHING SHE DID!" "I'll support her if she were to become an idol!!" "Exceptionnal!" and 

"MARRY MEEEE" HAHA I LAUGHED HARD.

 

Cho Gi Kwon's POV (MC) :

Did I just find the next top idol? I think so!

 

Jin's POV

This girl is going to make me an insane person.

 

Namjoon's POV

WOUAH! She's got the flow! She looked like a professional, waving at us and all.

Doing a collaboration with her would be so great.

But , I can't ask her now, can I?

 

Jeongguk's POV

I really want to become a friend of Noona. *pout*

 

Rury's POV

Yeon Ah, you're definitely amazing.

 

Yeon Ah's POV

I was still unable to believe what I just did in front of hundred persons.

"How old are you Yeon Ah-sshi?" Mr. Oh-so-Bright Smile asked me.

"I'm 20 soon in Korean age."

"SO YOUNG!" He half-shouted.

"Sorry I have to go now... I have something to do with my friend... " I tried to leave as quickly as possible.

I'm not lying though. I really have to go buy my mobile card!

"Wait, can I have your contact for you know... The agencies?" He looked at me in a desperate way.

"If they really want me, they'll find a way to contact me. Don't worry." I think I looked cool when I said that. HAHA

"I see... It was uri wonderful Yeon Ah!" He was unsure if he could let go of me.

Once I got off the stage, many people approached me to ask for photos... Are they serious? I'm not a star.

"Sorry, I can't make it. I really have to go." I excused myself.

I never once thought in my life that something like this would happen one day.