Her Story

The Bullet Taken

14 May 2013, Dondaemyun, Seoul, Hollys Coffee, 3.10pm.

 

Yeon Ah's POV

 

Here I am, waiting for Rury.

 

I recalled what happened yesterday and something's strange.

 

I feel like I'm not that attracted to him anymore. He was my crush, that is a fact. But this feeling seems to slowly disappear. 

Eerie girl.

I know.

You're just so strange. Didn't you like him a lot? 

No, not a lot. He's just one of my favorite in BTS. It's just a love a fan gives to her idol. I told you. It's just that, erm, I really like him.

 

Not Jin but-

 

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUH!" Rury screamed in my left ear.

 

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH EONNI!! Will you stop scaring the crap out of me everytime we meet?" She always does that. I was both pouting and glaring at her. She is a BIG BIG troll.

 

"So, tell me everything! How was the fan meeting? Your new apartment? Sorry, I couldn't visit you before. But let's do that after we eat something here ok?" She said in one breath.

 

"No problem!"

 

Rury's POV

 

"So my little baby! How was the fanmeeting? Did you enjoy it?" I asked her as I was scrutinizing her face. Did she lose weight?

 

She didn't answer me. I feel like wind was blowing on my face.

 

She was spacing out. I waved my hand in front of her.

 

"Yeon Ah-ah, are you ok?"

 

"Oh yes. Sorry. I'm fine."

 

"Stop daydreaming and tell me already!" I was too eager and enthusiastic to hear from her.

 

"Well eonni. Something unexpected happened... " She said in a soft tone.

 

"Be quick and tell me!"

 

And so, she narrated everything that happened in that matter of time. Wouah but WTF?

 

How is that even possible? I know my baby is awfully pretty but as an Idol, you just don't give your number. You can be harassed!

 

So that Jin guy has an interest in my baby? Ché, you'll have to pass by me first.

 

I'm happy for her though.

 

Like your favorite idol starts talking to you. It'd be like her if Lee Min Ho was talking to me! Such a charming man. 

 

"Is Jin a good person?"

 

 

Yeon Ah's POV

 

"Is Jin a good person?" Rury's words were ringing in my head.

 

Well, I don't know much about him, but he seems okay!

 

Wait Yeon Ah, you shouldn't trust him so easily. He has to be worth it.

 

Don't make the same mistake again.

 

Don't let that happen again.

 

Flashback

16 years old Yeon Ah in Paris. (They're speaking in French.)

"Yah, why don't you answer me? I asked you who were you texting with?" Yeon Ah asked angrily. She turned to her Chinese boyfriend, who was also 16 at that time.

"Why should I tell you?" He responded arrogantly. Yeon Ah was not used to Eddy behaving like this. He has always been the sweetest guy to her eyes. Always saying he loved her with all his heart.

They've been together for almost a year. Despite their young age, they knew how to respect and love each other.

That's what she thought, at last. That bastard was actually the polar opposite. A manipulative man.

 

"Are you kidding me, Eddy Hwang?" I wanted to shoot at his face.

"Let's break up." He said casually.

"WHAT?! What nonsense are y-" He didn't let me finish my sentence.

"You know, I've never really loved you." I was taken aback, my face expressing shock and confusion.

"I just wanted a girlfriend to be able to face my friends since they all have one. They always make fun of me because I didn't have one even though I'm goodlooking. I chose you because you were super naive and easy to manipulate. And because you were the perfect candidate: intelligent, talented, pretty, with a good sense of humor. But you're too wise, so into that 'respect' thingy... That disturbed me a lot. Like who cares noww? I just wanted to you already but you always dodged the subject—"

"ENOUGH." I couldn't listen anylonger, as tears were already rolling down my cheeks. I punched him real hard on the face before running away like a hopeless person. As far as I could from this jerk. My tears were blurring my vision but I had managed to find a park to get some rest.

He's such a heartless guy. Such a bastard. He toyed me for almost a year. 

I you, I curse you.

I cried so much after the break up.

My brother went to teach him a good lesson.

He sort of broke his left arm. I prevented him from doing more as he could get arrested for assault. 

Since that day, I believe that all the Chinese guys are like this.

I buried my pain in studying harder.

My appreciation for Korean Idols increased in parallel. The boys groups offered me comfort.

I sound stupid I know. This industry is all about an image they're building to maintain their fan base and earn money. But I believe deep down that they are really great people as well. I especially love their dorkiness. 

 

Even with that happening, I'm still quite a social butterfly. But for me, being friendly isn't the same as trusting people.

 

End of Flashback

 

"I think he's okay. But I can't say anything else about him." I managed to voice out. I almost chocked on my words, as a tear slipped down my right cheek.

"Come here baby... Sorry I shouldn't have brought that up." Rury tried to comfort me.

"It's okay." I sobbed silently in her embrace.

"Tell me if anything happens okay? I don't want history to repeat itself." She said.

"I will."