Taehyung's story

The Bullet Taken

 

  6th June, Sindang, Seoul, 3pm.

Yeon Ah's POV

Gosh, won't they stop staring at me like this ? 

"Hey guys, I'm not a work of art. If you guys have anything to say, please voice it out instead of keeping it for yourselves." I said with a playful glare directed towards the duo, Minyoung and Junhyung. It's as if they were completing a mission. Weirdos. 

"Who said we were looking at you?" Junhyung replied and eventually went back to what he was doing. HUH JUST ADMIT IT. 

Well, they've been like this ever since Suga left, probably curious about him. Like yeah, I appear to have many guys around me. I'd say I'm just lucky to know the boys personally.

"Let's focus on work." I told myself and resumed my activity. 

—————

6th June, Yongsam-dong, Bangtan's dorm, Seoul, 7.36pm.

Author's POV

"We're home!" Jimin exclaimed, tiredness evident in his voice. 

"How was your day guys?" Namjoon asked from the kitchen. He was cooking dinner, such a nice leader. 

"Super cool! Don't want to sound haughty, but hiding from fans is a hard task! We bumped into many girls who looked at us suspiciously. They were whispering non-stop things such "Don't they look like this new idol group? you know, Bangtan something..." Hoseok explained after he plopped down on the sofa. 

"It means we're getting more popular, it's good news." Suga plopped down just next to Hoseok. 

"I'm gonna shower first!" Jeongguk's attenuated voice could barely be heard. 

"Okay, be quick, we're having dinner soon." Namjoon cried from the kitchen. "Akay hyung!" 

Both Jin and Taehyung were not home. What a perfect timing to talk about this preoccupying matter. 

Once the plates of food were placed on the table, everyone gathered and sat down, ready to satisfy their hunger. 

"Thank you hyung, we will eat well!" Jimin smiled ear to ear. How cute. 

"You're very welcome." Namjoon smiled in return. 

*Yeon Ah is right. Our members are still growing up, especially the youngest. They deserve to eat correctly.*

Yoongi was munching on his food quite absentmindedly, something that didn't go unnoticed by s. Well, only Namjoon was not surprised as he perfectly knew why.

"Erhm, hyung?" the maknae waved his hand right in front of his face, which startled him slightly.

"Yeh?" he blinked twice before laying his eyes on Jeongguk who was questioning him with his expressive eyes, literally meanin HYUNG ARE YOU OKAY

"We have something to talk to you about guys. We thought you should know about it since well, it concerns you all very closely." Namjoon attracted the attention of three pairs of curious eyes towards him.

"Bad news?" Hoseok sounded serious. Yeah yeah, he can be serious at times.

"Hmm... How to formulate it?" Namjoon pondered out loud.

"Just go straight to the point hyung." the maknae said. 

"Okay. Well, both Jin and Taehyung are interested in the same girl."

"NOONA?" Jimin & Jeongguk chorused. Nods of heads made them widen their eyes in disbelief.

"It's not that I didn't see it coming.. But yeah, I actually didn't see that coming." Hoseok was muttering some words while looking at s. 

"But it seems like Jin hyung is very unsure of himself. Like he already gave up without trying much." Yoongi explained.

"He needs to tell her his feelings, it's the least he can do..." Jeongguk worried. *Poor hyung* he thought.

"How did Taehyung and Yeon Ah got close anyway?" Hoseok wondered out loud. 

These struck Namjoon like a thunder.

*How? I never asked Taehyung! Gosh I can't believe that I did not think of the most basic question to ask.* 

"True! It was Jin hyung who approached her first! Thanks to him, we got to know her more." Jimin then turned to Jeongguk, "Do you think noona and hyung saw each other, like just the two of them?"

"Ah! That one time when he came back early in the morning. He told us that he slept at her place." Jeongguk remembered. 

"I don't think it was the only time they met just the two of them." Yoongi said. 

Bingo.

"Anyway guys, we will need to help them out, no matter what." Namjoon sounded stern.

"Of course! We will think of ways to talk with both of them of this matter." Hoseok nodded his head while talking. 

—————

  9th June, Daegu, 7pm.

Taehyung's POV

"Damn it." I cursed lowly as I almost tripped on a small pebble.

As I was getting off the train that dropped me to my hometown, Daegu, I heard a few voices from afar calling my name.

"Taehyung hyung! Hyung!" my dear little brothers!

"Hey little kiddos, missed me?" I chuckled as they were pulling me into a hug. So cute.

"Hey bro, whatsapp?" the coolest sister in the world greeted me with a pat on the back. I smiled whole-heartedly and pulled her into a hug. I missed her.

"Sis! I'm good! How about you?" 

"Good as always. Come, dad is waiting for you." She flashed me her infamous eye-smile many guys fell for. Haha, she's a killer! 

"Guys, come!" I interwined my fingers with my brothers' ones. 

———

"Dad!" my eyes got watery at the sight of him. He's getting old... 

"My son!" He beamed at me. I felt instant warmth as I was pulled into his embrace.

"I missed you!" we both exclaimed at the same time. Chuckles escaped our lips. 

Mr. Bang allowed us to have a small break. So I chose to come and visit my family, although it was only for three days. 

We had dinner. It felt so great to be eating together again, like the old times. I was truly happy to see them all again. I think that it's been around seven months since I had last seen them. Time goes by so fast, and these little monsters are growing up as fast.

I carried my stuff to my room and was about to unpack my suitcase when I heard a knock on the door. 

"It's me, Taehyung. May I come in?" I heard my sister asking. 

"Of course sis!" 

She entered wearing a bright smile on her face. As usual. 

"Do you need any help?" She gently asked. I waved my head no. 

"Your face has become so small. Are you sure you're eating your three meals in Seoul?" Worry was written all over her face. I smiled and nodded in attempt to reassure her. She does not need to worry about me. "You sure?" 

"Yes noona, don't worry." She reminds me of someone. 

Yeon Ah. 

They both have a pretty similar caring side to their personality, they give off a motherly vibe.

"Have you talked to mum recently?" 

My smile dropped the second I heard her say 'mum' as I looked away. I heard her sigh. 

"Taehyung-ah, you should. She's still our mum." 

"A real mother would never do such a thing!" I raised my voice. 

"It's been more than a decade since it happened, Taehyung. Even dad has accepted it, you should tr-" I cut her off

"Why should I? What did she do for me to 'try' and understand her? WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS TO ING CHEAT ON DAD?" I literally let my anger out. 

"Taehyung! Lower your voice! You want the kids and dad to hear you?" She scolded me. I tried to calm down. She was right.

"Noona, I hate her. Don't ask me for such things anymore, it's useless. You know that I won't do it anyway." I got up and headed towards the bathroom. She understood it as a sign that I wanted to end this discussion. 

"Okay. Have a good rest little bro. Good night." She muttered softly before exiting my room. 

Resentment, hatred, sadness, nostalgia, regret. 

My mind was in a mess, as I was reminiscing all the good memories I had my family before it had to happen... 

I've been resenting my mother ever since. 

 

Flashback

Disneyland Tokyo, Japan, twelve years ago.

Little Taehyung and his sister were travelling to Japan, the first place they travelled to that was outside Korea. They were both super excited as they've been wanting to go to a Disneyland Park ever since they started watching cartoons with Mickey and his friends. Little Taehyung was pointing to one attraction he had his eyes on since ten minutes. 

"Dad! I want to try this one!" he jumped up and own like a rabbit, making his father chuckles at this cuteness. His sister was also very excited to try it.

"Yeobo, how about we go over there?" His dad turned his head to the left.

"Oh, why not. Go there first. I have something to do, be right back."

"Okay, be careful. We'll be waiting for you there."  

The three of them went to the attraction first. They queued, enjoyed it and even had time to get an ice-cream.

Little Taehyung lifted his eyes up to his father, who was wearing a concerned expression.

"Babies, I'll go look for your mum. Be right back! Stay here okay, don't move." Little Taehyung was clueless, but his sister sensed the worry in her father's voice. She nodded and dragged her little brother closer to her. 

"Okay dad, we will wait for you here." 

He smiled and then disappeared into the crowd. Little Taehyung saw his father leaving and started sobbing uncontrollably.

"Taehyung-ah stop crying will you?" His noona sat him down on a bench, "I'll go get some tissus, do not move okay?" She told him sternly. He nodded his head obdediently.

As soon as she left, his attention shifted to the crowd in front of him.

"Eomma..." He called softly as he spotted a figure that looked very much like his mother, "eomma..."

He started walking through the crowd towards her.

"Taehyung-ah! Taehyung!!" his sister screamed from behind. She barely managed to catch him as he walked quite fast ahead. "Taehyung! What did I tell you??? Do you want to be scolded by dad and mum?" she reprimanded him.

"Eomma..." He called once again, his fingers pointed a woman. She turned her head to look at the direction he was pointing at. She gasped.

The two kids just witnessed their mother kissing another man. 

End of flashback

 

 


Owh! I'm updating after almost three years. Hoho, I can't believe it myself. I hope you guys have been well! Kisses and hugs.