Talks - Birthday [Part 1]

The Bullet Taken

A/N : Annyeong readers! I recently remembered this story and wanted to update it. 

 


 

  9 June 2013, Miel, Cheongdam-dong, 1.15 pm.

Jin's POV

"Hyung, eodiya ?" 

"I'm just a few blocks away. Coming soon. Wait up!" 

"Alright."

I looked around me and stared at the amazingly well-decorated coffee shop my big brother wanted us to meet at. It sure is expensive. Since we've finished promoting our first album, our PD-nim allowed us to spend some time with our family members. I cannot go to Paris though. 

"Jin-ah!" I turned my head to see my brother greeting me from afar. I waved back, smiling. 

"Sorry for being late. Have you waited long ?" He asked as he took a seat facing me.

"A few minutes, no big deal. How have you been big bro ?" I looked at him warmly. We've always been quite close to each other, and I feel like we've grown closer with time. 

"Quite busy preparing our engagement party. Rury is a perfectionist, so she's making things harder. I'm not complaining though." He flashed a genuine smile. "It's better to have someone fully involved in what she does than the opposite, don't you think ?" He threw an inquisitive glance at me.  

"Yes, you're right. As a brother, I should be helping you with that... I feel s-" I was cut mid sentence.

"Uh oh, you're not giving this speech Jin-ah. I know how busy you are with your career. As I fully support you for choosing this path, I want you to be wholly focused on it. I'm not blaming you for anything, neither do our parents. Keep that in mind, arasseo ?" He uttered these words so warmly. I feel thankful for having such a supportive brother. 

"Thank you Hyung. I feel reassured to know that you got my back." He winked at me. Cringy much. "Please stop the winking." We both laughed. 

"Hello sir, what would you like to drink?" Our laughing session was interrupted by the waitress' question. 

"Two iced lattes, please." I answered for the both of us as she nodded her head. 

"Alright." She then left our sides. 

"How about mum and dad, will they be able to attend your engagement party?" 

"Mum is still getting treatment, but I heard from the doctor that she could be discharged for a few days to attend our engagement party." 

"Hyung, this is not a good idea to have her go back and forth like this. Plus, taking the plane can prove dangerous considering her weak physical condition." I warned him.

"Jin-ah, our mum wants to receive treatment in Korea. That's why she is willing to come all the way from Paris. It will be a one way ticket." 

"Why would she ? Didn't you tell me that the hospital in Paris was the perfect one to treat her illness ?" I raised my eyebrow. 

Hyung remained silent. When he lifted his eyes to look at me, I noticed that they were glistening.

Tears.

"Her days are numbered."


Meanwhile, at BTS's dorm.

Author's POV

"Guys! When is Taehyung coming back from Daegu?" Namjoon asked the maknaes. 

"I think he'll be back in two or three days. Why?" Yoongi answered. 

"What? But he'll miss Yeon Ah's birthday! And he is the main part of our surprise for her." 

"Really?" Hoseok looked at Namjoon wide-eyed.

"You're not preparing something R-rated right?" Yoongi scoffed.

"Gosh, hyung you're nasty." Namjoon rolled his eyes. 

"Why should he be the main surprise?" Jeongguk pouted. 

"I know right, it's unfair." Jimin joinged the pouting club. 

"Guys, he's clearly in love with Yeon Ah, he just needs our help to make things go more smoothly." Namjoon said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"I get your point. But for her gift, we do not need to involve their relationship, you know. It's going to be very embarrassing for the both of them." Yoongi reasoned. 

"I think hyung's right. And we haven't yet solved the issue going on with Jin hyung as well... I feel like there will be tensions between Taehyung hyung and Jin hyung if we do that." Jimin added. 

"Right... I might have taken too much pleasure in teasing Taehyung. Do you have anything in mind then?" 

"We can buy her a ticket for some amusement park! I heard she loves going on rides." Hoseok beamed. 

"And who will she be going with?" Namjoon questioned. "We cannot possibly go with her... It's too risky."

"Well, we offer her two places and she chooses who she wants to go with. How about that?" Yoongi offered.

"NO!" Both Jeongguk and Jimin protested. "We want to go with her! And it seems like she will not choose us!" They argued, making their hyungs laugh. 

"Get over it guys, you will find your own ideal girlfriend later on." 


 11 June 2013, Yongsam-dong, 7. am. 

 

Yeon Ah's POV

So, here am I, getting one year older. It's frustrating. 

I lazily searched for my phone while still lying on my bed. A smile soon graced my lips. 

Happy birthday baby sister. Even with thousands of kilometers setting us apart, it does not change anything to our relationship, right ? Miss you tons. Have a good day with Rury and the friends you made in Seoul. Be careful and take care of yourself. Love you.

PS : If ever a guy approaches you because he's romantically interested, tell me ASAP. And don't forget, I'll bomb his house before he can hurt you.

From : Monkey brother. Received at midnight. 

I also had warm wishes from my parents. I should give them a call later on, when they'll be awake. 

I could not sleep much these days. I've been sort of tormented by Dujun's confession. I do not want to risk loosing a precious relationship. I'm not sure if I have feelings for him. 

DINGDINGDING

"Yeobuseyo?"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY URI BABY YEONNIE!!!!!!!!" Holy, my eardrums shouldn't be treated this way so early in the morning. 

"Thank you so so much eonnie!" I smiled at the jovial tone of her voice. 

"I'm so happy that you're getting a year older. You're evolving and blossoming into a beautiful young woman." She started narrating... Gosh, I don't feel so good about turning 18 tho. "[...] what are your plans for today?"

"Thank you Rury eonnie... I actually planned to visit Daegu today. I know it's a bit out of the blue, but I've been wanting to go to this city along with other ones since quite long. It's part of my touring of South Korea haha." 

"Oh really? Who are you going with? Will you be back before tonight?" 

"I'm going there alone. I guess I'll be back before 7pm. Why?"

"Okay perfect, be ready for 8pm then!" She must want to take me out for dinner.

"Alright eonnie, I'll come back earlier to get ready. Thank you again for calling me and wishing me an happy birthday." I sincerely thanked her. 

"It's perfectly normal. Love you my little sis'! I'll come and fetch you at your place, akay?" 

"Yes. See you tonight. Love you!"

 

I was getting prepared when I got another call. This time, it was from Junghoon. 

"Yeobuseyo?"

"Little sis', happy birthday!" 

"Thank you Junghoon, thank you so much."

"I heard from Rury that you're getting ready to head for Daegu. Be careful on your way there. Do you perhaps need a ride there?"

"Yes! I'm fine, thank you."

"Alright, then I'll see you tonight!" 

"Yes, see you." I beamed enthusiastically.

 

Rury must have informed him. It was already 8am so I quickly headed towards the door when yet another call came in. 

Dujun

Rahhh. Not answering is freaking rude. 

"Hi?" 

"Happy birthday dear Chloé." I could sense his warmth through the phone call.

"Thank you, Dujun." 

"What are you up to today, has Rury told you about tonight?" Wait, she's planning on inviting everyone or...? 

"Ehrm, yes. You coming too?" 

"You don't want me to?"

"No. That's not what I mean. It's just, she didn't tell me about who she was inviting." 

"Well, you know now!" 

...

"Yeon-Ah," I heard him say after a short moment of silence, "I don't want us to be so awkward like this. Especially tonight, on a day like this." Oh, neither do I.

"I share the same thought as you." 

"Let's just be like before, should we?" His voice was pleading. 

"Alright Dujunnie!" I tried to sound convincing. I heard him chuckle on the other end of the line.

"That's the Yeonnie I like." 

"See you tonight! I'm going out, I have a train to catch."

"Oh, alright. See ya!" I hung up.

 

Will it really go back to normal ?