Rury and Junghoon

The Bullet Taken

 

 

A/N : Rury and Junghoon are close friends of Yeon Ah, they're native Korean and in a romantic relationship. The flashbacks will always be in dark grey.


 

29 April 2013, Myeongdong, Seoul. Hotel SKYPARK Central, 10am.

 

Yeon Ah's POV :

I arrived at the hotel today at around 9am. I felt quite tired since I was still jet-lagged. 

I just lied on the bed.

"Ahhh, so comfy."

It's actually my second time in Seoul. I came here when I was 14 with my brother.

I called my mum during the ride to the hotel. We talked for about ten minutes in full Mandarin.

When I hung up, I looked up at the taxi driver who was staring at me with inquiring eyes. He then initiated a conversation. 

 

Flashback

"Agasshi, are you Korean?" He asked me. I spotted curiosity on his face.

"Nae?"

"Are you born here? I'm curious because you just spoke in Chinese right?"

"Oh! No no, I'm not Korean but Chinese." I answered, smiling.

"Cheongmal? Your Korean is really good though!" He exclaimed shockingly.

"Thank you Ajusshi!" I was so happy to hear that.

"I guess you're coming from China?"

"No, I'm not. I'm coming from Paris, France. You know, the Eiffel Tower?" I must have looked stupid. Who doesn't know Paris? ._.

"Oh!!! I want to go to Paris! Are you here to study?" He excitedly asked. I smiled at his reaction.

"No, I'm just staying here for a few months.. To perfect my Korean." 

"That's great! It's rare to see foreigners so invested in learning Korean." He stated. "I'm glad that our culture and language are much appreciated." He beamed. I could only grin at his shining eyes. 

End of flashback.

 

It was my first time having a discussion in full korean with a native Korean! *Victory dance*

I felt quite proud for not having stuttered during the conversation.

I should tell Rury that I'm here! Since I don't have a Korean mobile card yet, I messaged her on Facebook.

 

To : Rury Park

"Rury !!! I'm at my hotel! Hehe. Do you have time today so we can meet?"

From : Chloé Ying. Sent at 10.15am.

To : Chloé Ying

"Chloooooooé! Of course I have time for you sweetie! I'm coming in 45min, wait for me! Kiss mwaah."

From : Rury Park. Sent at 10.17am.

To : Rury Park

"Okay I'm waiting for you! Oh and can we go buy a mobile card after please? Thanksss. c: ♡"

From : Chloé Ying. Sent at 10.18am.

To : Chloé Ying

"Of course ! Anything for my angel~"

From : Rury Park. Sent at 10.18am.

To : Rury Park

"Eonni, you're being cheesy ><"

From : Chloé Ying. Sent at 10.19am.

To : Chloé Ying

"I'm bringing Junghoon along. Is that okat? c: No I'm not being cheesy, it's from the heart!"

From : Rury Park. Sent at 10.20am.

To : Rury Park

"-.-  Of course it's okay!! I want to see him too :D See you later~"

From : Chloé Ying. Sent at 10.21am.

Rury Park logged off.

 

I know Rury since I'm 14. She's a super close friend of mine, although she's six years older. I met her thanks to my brother!

She's been with her boyfriend for four years now. His name is Junghoon, a dorky yet mature guy who has eyes for her only. They're absolutely cute together!

While waiting for them to come, I decided to take a shower. After that, I jumped on my bed and the TV.

Today was Sunday, which means that Inkigayo was broadcasted on SBS.

Many groups are currently promoting their newest albums. Some are new groups, including Bangtan Boys. I hope I didn't miss them!

This group caught my attention. They're refreshing and I like them for that. Also, their lyrics hold deep meaning! 

I'd actually love to see them performing on a music show but I heard it was pretty hard to get a ticket for these shows...

And usually, I have bad luck for this sort of things.

"Aya aya! Please, I hope fate will be nicer to me this time." I spoke out loud. LOL.

"ASSA!" I exclaimed foolishly as I saw BTS getting on stage. "GO GO GO Bangtan!" 

It's strange. They're only six. J-Hope, Jimin, Jeongguk, Rappie Monster, Suga, V.. Oh? Jin? He is not here? Don't tell me he fell off the stage like what happened to Myungsoo HAHAHAHA.

Ohmygod I'm so sarcastic... But I love you Myunggie é.è.

I just hope Jin isn't ill or injured. 

There must be a reason right?

--------

Rury's POV :

My baby has finally arrived! I'm going to pick her up at her hotel. I'm impatient to see her adorable face! I sent a message to Junghoon : "Jagiya~ let's go and meet Chloé and treat her to a delicious meal! Meet me at Myeongdong station at 11.20am. Love ♡"

(A/N : Rury and JungHoon have always call Yeon Ah by her French name because she hasn't told them she found herself a Korean name. Also, they don't know that she speaks fluently Korean now.)

--------

Yeon Ah's POV :

It's nearly 11.10am. I still have time! Argh so excited to see them! 

As I was unpacking my suitcase, I hummed to random songs I was playing with my phone. 

Although I took singing class, I prefer rapping over singing. Nevertheless, dancing remains my biggest passion.

I'm not very showy though, because of my parents. Their prejudice has somehow been blocking me. They think that dancing is a loss of time and is pretty much useless for one's personal development.

Therefore, this is a passion that I've been keeping for myself. 

Bip Bip. You've got a new message. - Facebook Messenger

"Ah it must be Rury!" I sounded excited. 

To : Chloé Ying

"YAAAAAH Big pig. Why didn't you send me a message upon your arrival? Are you okay? Did you tell Rury? DID SOMETHING BAD HAPPEN? Aigoo my little baby sis' I miss you already!"

From : Thomas Ying. Sent at 11.16am.

Since when my bro became so cheesy? Erk.

To : Thomas Ying

"Whoua. Slow. Sorry Bro I forgot. I'm fine don't worry! I told her already, I'm joining her in a few minutes. Stop with your cheesiness. Yah! It's nearly 5am in the morning in Paris so go to sleep now!! SLEEP."

From : Chloé Ying. Sent at 11.18am.

To : Chloé Ying

"Ok ok. I'm going! Be careful ok? I don't want anything bad to happen to you T.T"

From : Thomas Ying. Sent at 11.19am.

Thomas Ying logged off.

Awn so adorable ♡

Thomas's POV :

Dear little sister, please be safe. Your brother loves you.

---------

Junghoon's POV :

(on a phonecall with Rury)

"Honey, I'm at Myeongdong station. Where are you?" I asked her.

"I'm right behind you!" She answered. Before I could turn to see her, she had already jumped on my back, putting both her hands on my neck. I was struggling.

"AHHH I'm out of breath!!" I yelled.

"Sorryy jagi! I just missed you!" She replied. Awn why so cute.

"It's okay! I missed you too. Let's go now!" It has been a week since we last met because something came up at home so I couldn't make it.

----------

Yeon Ah's POV :

I'm going to post a selca on Instagram!

I'm in Seoul now my friends! Don't be upset akay? Lol I love you. I'll return to Paris in July or something like this~ I miss you already :(.. Don't forget me was the legend.

I did the V sign on my selca, I often do that.

 

I grabbed my bag and headed towards the hall. I was wearing a jogging and a t-shirt. Comfy clothes. 

"CHLOOEEEEEEEE!!!" a loud voice startled me. Rury ran towards me and hugged me tightly.

"Y-yah Eonni.. I can't breath..." I tried to say it loud enough for her to hear it.

"Sorryyyy I'm just super excited!!" She screamed. After she released me, I was the one who attacked her with a bear hug.

"And me?" Junghoon was pouting like a baby. Man, you're 23 Y.O. I rolled my eyes jokingly before pulling him into a bear hug as well. 

"Come here!" I hugged him, only his waist though because he is so tall.

1m65 vs. 1m85.

Game over. 

"My baby! Let me take a look at your face! God, you've grown so much since last year!"

Once again, Rury attacked me with her well-known hug.

"She's almost 20 already! Stop calling her baby!" Junghoon stated.

Oh uh, is it jealousy that I spot in his voice? Jealous that your girl is calling me baby? I grinned.

"But I'm not even 18 yet!" I protested. 

"Korean age!" Rury winked at me. Oh right, I forgot.

"Ah haha!" I chuckled.

"Let's go eat! You must be hungry right?" Junghoon asked me. Right enough, my dummy started making funny noises, embarrassing the hell out of me..

"Haha I take it as a yes! Let's go!" Rury chuckled and grabbed my left arm. She then dragged me off the building, followed by a forgotten Junghoon.

---------

Rury's POV :

"So what do you want to eat ?" I asked my little baby. She has grown, physically, into a beautiful woman.

I didn't want to say it but she's got wonderful curves. Her face is still babyish. But I believe it will change soon. 

"I'm craving for teobokki.. So street food? Is that okay?" She beamed happily, her eyes glowing. She's a food lover haha.

"Of course! I wanted to eat this too !" Said my soon-to-be husband. Yeah he's mine and only mine *glaring*

"Perfect then. Let's go!" I said.

What can I say about my little baby.. She's just unique. She's my little sister, as well as my close friend. Despite her young age, she's very mature. She dances so well, better than most idols in the Kpop industry. She just never shows it. Modest much huh. She's also one of the most beautiful girl I've ever met.. Yet she denies it.

All I wish is for her to find someone who will protect her and love her with all his heart.

Unlike this jerk. I swear I wanted to kill him. Such a bastard.

Anyway. 

 

Yeon Ah's POV :

"Rury, Junghoon! You know, I can speak Korean fluently. Remember my promise Rury ? I've fulfilled it! Should we talk in Korean now?" Yeah, we were talking in English since we met. I wanted to surprise them so I didn't say anything. I made a promise to Rury two years ago, that I'll learn Korean so we will be able to have a conversation in full Korean. They stared at me with widened eyes, mouths slightly agape.

"Guys, be careful not to let a fly in!" I laughed histerically. Their face were just too funny!

"Yaah don't you laugh! Naughty girl! But is that true? You're daebak!" Junghoon exclaimed, still in English. I assume he isn't believing me yet.

"So should we talk in Korean?" Rury said in full Korean.

"Yes! If I can't find some words, could you help me? My vocabulary is still lacking." I told them.

"You've got a great accent here! You must have practiced a lot! Jjang my baby! No problem, we will help you with that." She winked playfully at me.

"And now, I also do understand what you guys are saying." I winked at them. "So be careful with your words haha." 

We took the subway to Hongdae where the best teobokki were selled! For like two hours, we catched up on our lives and talked about random stuffs. 

 

Junghoon's POV :

This little girl is so adorable. I sort of got to know her thanks to Rury. We met several times before but we never had the opportunity to talk for such a long time.

I understand more why Rury praised her this much. She's really a nice girl. 

And I think that she would be perfect for my little brother.