Taking in the News

The Bullet Taken

 

31 May 2013, Han River, 00.14am.

 

Yeon Ah's POV :

 

Everyone know everyone. Everyone is related.

HOW CAN THE WORLD BE SO TEENY??!!

Junghoon is Seok Jin's big brother, and now I'm told that Daeho is Dujun's one. What else after? Will I meet Taehyung's one too? Don't even know if he has one.

"REALLY??!" I was bewildered.

"Yes.. That jerk, he didn't tell me he dated such a pretty girl!" he faked sobbing. Oh! Now that I know they're related, I can find similitaries in their personalities.

I shrugged and just went to pat his back.

"How did you guys managed to date?" Jungshik asked me. "Since he lives in Seoul and you live in Paris."

"He was an exchanged student for four months in my school."

"Oh.." their mouths formed an O shape as they nodded understandingly.

"So they must know each other.." I wondered out loud unwillingly.

"Who?" Jooyeon turned to question me.

"Seok Jin and Dujun. Since their big bro are bestfriends!" It's weird to call Jin by his real name.

"Yes.. But, they don't really appreciate each other." Junghoon confessed. Did I hear wrong?

"Why?!" all the girls exclaimed, including me.

"It's personal.. We don't know much about the circumstances since they wouldn't talk about this subject." Daeho clarified.

Jin and Dujun actually hate each other? How can that happen! Curiosity was gnawing inside me. If the occasion shows up, I should ask one of them..

"It's getting late, let's head home!" Jungshik suggested after checking his phone.

"Right, then Yeon Ah, I'll drive you home." Thank you Junghoonie, bro~!

"Thank you!"

It was such a good soiree, I got to learn a lot.

----------

 

31 May 2013, Heaven Hee Coffee, Sindang, Seoul, 1.50pm.

Break Time

 

I'm desperately trying to finish my meal but aish, Dujun and Junhyung are being annoying! I can't eat in peace with their perpetual teasing, plus they're doing sudden movements around me to scare my soul out. Childishness overload! All I want is to punish them like they were little kiddos from kindergarten. They seriously need some correction and discipline.

"Yaaah stop!" I screamed at their faces but it didn't work. W H Y.

"Both of you stop already!" Minyoung interfered, probably getting irritated as well.

"Lee Dujun, Yong Junhyung, will you stop now?!!" Seohee smacked their backs as they winced in pain. They finally stopped, thankfully.

Joonmyun was the only one eating quietly, not entering the two dumb boys game.

"Joonmyun is the best! He's not like these two!" Seohee pointed at the babies, wearing a disapproving look on her face.

"I'm just too hungry." he declared, laughing a bit. With his sweet smile.

Seohee's proud face vanished. Haha!

For the following minutes, I could eat peacefully.

"So Yeon Ah, boyfriend or not?" Minyoung asked me. Everyone is going to ask me about that matter? .o.

"No." I responded her. She just nodded, smiling.

"Then did you have one already?" Seohee wanted to know some more.

..

.

My ex is right in front of me. Seeing me not answering, everyone's attention shifted towards me. Even the starving Joonmyun stopped to look at me.

"Yes.." I could not stay mute anylonger, otherwise it would get suspicious.

"How many?" Junhyung questionned.

"Two."

"What nationalities?" WHY ARE YOU ASKING SO MUCH MINYOUNG?

"Chinese and Korean." I cannot lie, honesty and trust are the things needed for a friendship to last.

"Ehhh! Who are those lucky guys?" Joonmyun giggled his eyebrows. Naughty boy.

"Stop with your nasty thoughts!"

"I didn't say anything nasty!!" he defended himself.

"Tell us! Their name at least!" Seohee nudged me. What can I do..

I was at loss of words. My throat became suddenly dry. I won't be able to avoid that..

"Speak Yeon Ah! Palli!"

"Erm.. Someone who goes by the name Eddy, whom I hate so please do never mention his name in front of me, and.." I paused for a while, inhaling deeply.

"Lee Dujun."

I saw their eyes widening in shock and confusion.

"BWOH??! Do you mean him?" Junhyung pointed Dujun, unsure.

I nodded without looking up. It was phenomenally awkward for the both of us. I heard even more gasps.

"OH MY GOD! This is so unexpected Yeon Ah!! YAH YOU, LEE DU JUN, WHY DID YOU HIDE IT FROM US?" Seohee shouted, furious.

So he talked about us to no one..

I'm sure my cheeks were flushing red..

"You don't have to know.." he mumbled.

"ARE YOU KIDDING US?! Imma (you)!! Come here!!" Both Joonmyun and Junhyung started chasing him in the room, leaving us the girls laughing.

------------

 

Same place, 10.35pm.

 

Dujun's POV :

 

"Guys! You've worked hard today! You can go home by now." our boss told Yeon Ah and me. Thursday is the only day when I'm finishing at 10.30pm instead of my daily 11pm.

"Gamsahamida!" Yeon Ah bowed many times, smiling warmly. She's still so polite and hardworking. You make it hard for me not to fall for you once again..

"Yeon Ah, go change." she nodded and ran off.

I want her heart back, I'm determined for that. There's not many chances for her to like me back but I have to try..

"I'm ready Dujunnie! Let's go!" She beamed as she linked arm with me. The way she's behaving clearly shows she's only considering me as a friend. I will change that, definitely.

I ruffled her hair, a habit I have since I know her.

"Don't mess up my hair!" she whined. Haha she's still a baby!

When she was distracted, my hand grabbed hers as I interwined our fingers. I was smiling sheepishly.

 

Yeon Ah's POV :

 

*dugum dugum*

 

After all these years, this gesture still give me butterflies in my tummy. The warmth his hand gives to mine, I like it a lot.

"Yeon Ah, do you want to go home or should we grab something to drink?" he spoke, which woke me up from my daze.

"Home? Do you mean my home?"

"Yes! It's okay for me to stay a while right? Or do you want to come to mine?" he winked at me. I chuckled.

"No thanks! Hmm.. I'm not sure.. You're not welcomed actually.." I faked hesitating. POUAHAHAHA!

"YAAH!" he pouted. Poor baby!

"Oh oh arasseo, you can come! Crybaby tss tss." I shook my head.

"Eggie you're the crybaby here." Why is he saying that?

"I'm not! Did you see me crying once in your life? Huh?" I raised my chin at him. I never cried in front of him!

"You're always pouting and whining. I'm not saying you cried!" he explained. Ah. Whatever.

I didn't reply him. He squeezed my cheeks and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Don't sulk me sweetheart!" how can he be so cute?

I hummed.

"Let's go!" he dragged me towards the subway.

 

"We haven't got much time for talking!" he said out of the blue. Pff so obvious little Dujunnie.

"What is that you want to know?" I looked straight in his eyes.

"Yah nothing in particular. Why are you reacting like this?" he coughed afterward.

"I'm not stupid." I sounded fierce.

"Arasseo.. Ok then. Who was your other boyfriend? That Eddy guy?" Why did he bring up his name? I ing don't want to talk about that dickhead.

"Someone I don't wish to remember. Please don't ask me anything about him." I sounded vulnerable and I hated myself for that.

"That bastard, did he hurt you?! I'm going to ki-" I cut him.

"STOP PLEASE. Dujun, I don't want you to mention him anymore. I can't bear to even think of him so please.." I resisted the urge to cry but I didn't want to break down in front of him.

He said nothing and just hugged me tightly.

Our way to my home went like this.

---------

 

"What do you want to drink Dujunnie?" I asked him as we entered my livingroom. It was near 11.30pm now.

"Anything would do. Or else do you have beer?" I don't drink but I bought some in case. Perfect!

"I have some cans. I go get them, be right back." I disappeared in my kitchen.

"Arasseo!" I heard him yelling.

 

Dujun's POV :

 

Who is that ?! He made Yeon Ah suffer?! If I find him, I swear he won't be able to see the daylight anymore. Bastard.

"Back! Here you go!" She handed me a can of fresh beer.

"Thank you Eggie."

We were sitting on her sofa.

"You didn't tell me when you learned Korean!" I wanted to know that since a while but I forgot to ask everytime.

She's so good! I knew she's smart but becoming fluent in Korean is not given, since she knows quite a lot of vocabulary.

"Since about two years ago. I took my time to learn it at home." That ?

"You didn't attend class?"

"No!" ALONE?? It's harder!

"You won't stop impressing me." I spoke my mind.

"Haha.." It's cute she's embarrassed.

"And you, during these four years, nothing happened?" she looked at me, probably expecting something.

"Not really. I think I've successfully passed my exams." Actually something occured but.. I'm don't feel like talking about it now.

"How come you ended up being a waiter then?"

"Hmm.. I wanted to start at the very bottow to gain more experience. Don't worry I'll become a successful businessman!" I'm serious!

"As if!" NOT BELIEVING ME??

"It's true!"

"Yeah yeah" YAAAH

"YOU DON'T TRUST MEEEE" I started whining like a poor kid aiming for a candy.

"Oh oh ok I trust you! Don't you have pride?!" She chuckled.

Ok she terminated me. This girl will make me a miserable man.

 

"Is your brother okay? I saw him once and I clearly remember how scared I was back then because he didn't know we were together!" The siblings are alike, fierce and cold at the outside, but adorable and nice at the inside. But man, he's much fiercer than her.

"He're really fine! Yeah I remember! Hoho! OMGGG!! Dujun!! You know!! My friends Rury and Junghoon know your brother Daeho! I was so stupefied when he told me you were his bro." She was talking normally when suddenly she started blabbling excitedly. I got a small shock at her outburst.

And wow, everyone know each other or what?

"Really? Then we're fated." I said cheekily.

"Greasy." she rolled her eyes but ended up smiling.

"First it was Junghoon and Seok Jin, and now you both!" She added.

I froze. Why did she mention him?

"Do you know Seok Jin?" I unintentionally said it coldly.

"Yes.. why?"

How can she know him?

 

Yeon Ah's POV :

 

!! Pabo! I forgot the fact that they hate each other! I shouldn't have talked about him.. Chincha.. I'm really curious why they hate each other but it would be better if I just shut my mouth.

"Nothing." he simply said.

It was now a bit tensed up. I hate it when it's like this..

We didn't utter a word for the next minutes. Knowing I was the cause of the glacial mood, I needed to do something.

"Dujunnie, did you have a girlfriend during these years?" I said it with the busan accent, the one Eunji from A-Pink, as well as Daehyun of BAP are using. I elbowed him jokingly, hoping he will laugh a bit.

"I won't answer.." It was no use. u.u Is he hiding something from me?

"Why not?"

"It's not a good souvenir. I didn't even like her.." He confessed. But he's not the type to ask a girl out if he doesn't like her.. Strange..

"Oh ok.." I decided not to force him, since he respected my decision not to talk about that .

"Yeon Ah, how did you know Seok Jin? Where?" here he goes again. So for all that time, his mind was still fixing on Seok Jin?

"It's a long story.." since he was a good listener, I told him almost everything that occured this month. Except some little details I want to keep for myself, especially things that happened between me and him. Him? You don't need to know. TELL ME. SHUT UP.

"He likes you." he has this to say only?

"Who?"

"Seok Jin."

"Why would you think that?" he's making conclusions whereas he wasn't there when everything happened!

"It's obvious." Lol.

"Don't furrow your eyebrows like this! You'll get wrinkles!" I tried changing the subject because I was feeling slightly uneasy.

He turned sharply to look at me straight in the eyes, with an intense stare. First time seeing him so serious.

"Do you like him back? Do you like one of the Bangtan Boys?" WHAT THE HELL! Why is he acting like an enraged weirdo?

"I don't like Jin back. I-I don't like one of t-" he suddenly grabbed both my shoulders which made me jump in shock. Aish why did I stammer?

"Why are you stuttering?!" he shouted and was squeezing me. Is he out of his mind?!

"Why are you reacting this way?! Release me now!" I sounded harsh but what the with his behavior??!

"Can't you see it?" Why do I feel like his eyes are pleading?

"See what?!" my voice got louder.

"That I still like you"

 


 

Author's Note :

 

TADAH! How is it so far? Took me more than a hour to update it. Hope you like it!