Help From Friends

The Bullet Taken

 

6th June, Yongsam-dong, Seoul, 1a.m.

Yeon Ah's POV :

“Please, little eyelids of mine, can you envelop my orbits so I can get some sleep?” I was talking to myself. I shifted on my bed for the umpteenth already. I was attempting to fall asleep since maybe ten pm? My body was crying for some rest but to my displeasure, my mind wouldn't obey me.

The reason of my unability to find sleep?

I was stirred.

Stirred because of what, will you ask? 

Good question. 

That freak.

Dujun, again and again. 

I was already perturbed because of that other boy, equally troublesome to my heart, and Dujun had to come and mess everything up more than it already is inside of my miserable head. SO FRUSTRATING. 

“I want to sleeeeeeep.” I shook my head in despair. The moment my head twiddled around to check the hour on my alarm clock, it had exactly chimed one a.m. 

“I still have to go to work tomorrow! Oh please Lord, be indulgent on me. I don't want to look like a monster again tomorrow.” I pleaded and surprised myself when I started whining by myself. How ridiculous must have I looked. 

Little Yeon Ah, do you have someone you like? Honestly, yes I have. I think. I pointed my own heart and sighed. Drama queen *cry of laughter* YAAAAH. And who is this guy? Is it possible to like two persons at the same time? No. Really? For either one or the other, it's only attraction. 

“Attraction..” I murmured.

-----------

6th June, Sindang, Seoul, 10.23a.m

 

Du Jun's POV : 

Yeon Ah strode past me without giving me even a slight glance, a scenery Junhyung had fully witnessed.

“Yah, is something going between you two?” Junhyung whispered indiscreetly, obviously referring to Yeon Ah and me. “She looks unwell, and actually, you act weirdly since these past few days.” Sharp eyes my friend. 

“You had noticed...” 

“Of course! Who do you take me as?” He smirked at me shamelessly. I whacked his head, a move which had rattled him quite a lot. 

“Y-yah!” Oh, I had destabilized him. Hahahaha

“I take you as a dunderhead. There's something actually, you guessed it right.” I told him. All my fellows are trustworthy and I consider them as ones of my closest friends. Telling them about personal matters is normal, I dare say. 

“Really?! Spill it, quick.” He urged me to speak with his disturbing hand movements. 

“Stop moving like an excited dog getting his food.”

He glared so hard at me. HAHAHA Omg I'm naughty. I made his level of confidence to drop considerably. 

“I'm determined to win Yeon Ah's heart back!” I voiced out after taking him in a more isolated area of the coffee shop. His eyes widened and I swear he was giving me one of his famous mischievous look. 

“Awnn look what we have here~ Such a crispy new!” he sardonically reacted.

“What are you guys doing here?” Minyoung caught us in our hiding place. She squinted her eyes suspiciously at us and tapped her feet, showing us she was waiting for an explanation. 

I eventually told her everything. I was planning to tell everyone a little bit later, but hey, since it's already out, it doesn't matter anymore.

“KYAAAAAAAA~ !!! That's so cute!” T H E typical reaction of every girls upon hearing sweet-like-candy stories like this. Urgh, mine isn't even sweet yet. Lol. 

“Lower your voice!” Junhyung hushed her. She mimicked him and eventually calmed down. 

“Pleaaase!! Can I help you guys getting back together? Like I will be accomplishing missions and all!” Minyoung clapped her palms together and pursed up one's lips, literally pleading me to say ok.

Perhaps, will they be helpful to me for getting back Yeon Ah? I'm sure they will.

“Yes.” I winked at her. She smiled brightly and high-fived Junhyung. Both of them started immediately their supposed-to-be missions, by first making Yeon Ah serve the tables near the ones I'm serving. Lol these guys. I'm still thankful though. 

Yeon Ah looked a bit confused at their sudden requests but eventually came cleaning the table next to mine. I glanced at her and grinned.

“I hope the ‘us’ from the past won't stay a memory, but relive to become the ‘us’ of now.”