Chapter 2: The Start of a Bad Relationship

Arranged Marriage To.....

"What?!" I stared at my mom and the old man that was sitting across from her. My mom looked at  me in surprise, but the old man looked at us like this was normal everyday life.

"Dong Ho-ah, Eun Joo-ah, you guys are going to get married. The reason why we didn't tell you guys earlier is because we thought that Dong Ho, you, would automatically reject Eun Joo without meeting her." My mom tried to explain calmly. "We wanted you guys to get to know each other better before marriage."

"Grandfather." Eun Joo said, her voice completely steady still. She still remained her "proper" posture and looked at her grandfather respectfully even after what she had heard. Unlike me, she was still being "perfect" and not freaking out.

"Eun Joo-ah, you will be getting married with this young man here. Okay." Her grandfather said to her, making the "okay" part a sentence not a question. Eun Joo nodded and did a mini bow in front of her grandfather.

"Yes, grandfather." I turn to look at her in shock. She barely knew me and we had so many differences but yet she agrees to marry me?! Does she even know what she's saying right now?

"Mom-" My mom cut me off.

"You will marry her Dong Ho. It has been already decided. No more arguing!" My mom said strictly. I ignored her.

"But mom, I don't even like her. Not to mention I don't even love her!" I protested. Eun Joo just stood there next her grandfather, not saying anything. Damn, it she was like a puppet who doesn't care about anything. Make it, a dog. She does whatever her grandfather wants without thinking!

"Be quiet, Dong Ho. This is something we've been wanting to do for a while now and since you were so busy, we decided to push the date back further. We wanted the marriage to happen right away, but then we both decided that you guys should have a few dates like couples do." My mom said trying to hush me. She was obviously embarrassed about my behavior in front of her "future daughter-in-law".

"What is the point of marriage if we feel nothing for each other? An empty marrige is nothing!" I point out angrily. "I am a VERY busy idol as you know mom. I have a lot of fans, what will become of them when I get married?! My fans love me! By the way I don't have the time for love or marriage!"

"Just be quiet! It's decided and nothing can change the fact that the two of you are getting married!" My mom said annoyed and angry at me now. I was equally as angry as she was though.

"Don't make me run away again!" I threatened. My mom's face turned red from embarrassment and anger. She did a quick bow in front of Eun Joo's grandfather and dragged me off out of the house.

"Dong Ho, you listen to me right now. You have to learn to be more responsible, which is why you're getting married to such a sweet girl, Eun Joo." My mom said breathlessly as she dragged me down the street. "This is all for your own good. Do you want to stay caged up inside constantly thinking about Hye Sung-ah?!" I stopped walking and suddenly, it felt like my feet were made of stone. My mother turned to me gasping and her face all sorry. Without saying anything, I turned away and walked off in silence and my mom letting me.

I didn't see Eun Joo for about a week now and it seemed to be a good sign for me. It probably meant that the marriage was called off due to my crazy and wild behavior. But on a bright Saturday morning, when I was about to head off to dance practice with the other U-Kiss members, my mom stopped me.

"Dong Ho-ah, I called your manager and asked him to let you take the day off today. I had a hard time begging him, so take today as an opportunity to go on a nice date with Eun Joo today." My mom said. I looked at her and groaned.

"Mom, I won't. I don't like her and she doesn't like me! U-Kiss's comeback stage is soon. I'll be going then." I said quickly leaving the apartment. I was in the middle of waiting for the elevator to come, when my mom came out in her embarrassing apron and gave me a hard look.

"Dong Ho, I don't care. You're going to go on a date with Eun Joo, you hear me?" She asked strictly.

"Nope." I said. I could hear the elevator door open, but my mom made me face her. "Listen mom, I don't like her and I won't like her and to top it off, I hate Eun Joo!" I said turning away from my mom to see Eun Joo coming out of the elevator. I was scared that she would've heard me and felt awful, but instead she was able to maintain her usual proper look and she didn't look the least bit hurt. I walked into the elevator as Eun Joo followed.

"Grandfather, gave me two tickets to the limited edition opera today. We even have passes to go and meet them. Why don't we go there today?" She asked, giving me a tiny smile. I turned to look at her strictly.

"Look, I don't like you and you don't like me. In fact we both hate each other okay? So let's just forget about this date today okay?" I said irritated. Eun Joo looked at me politely.

"Seems like the opera is out. So do where do you want to go today?" Eun Joo asked, tucking her curled bown hair behind her ear. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going to dance practice. So let's just go our seperate ways okay?" I said annoyed. Eun Joo ignored my comment and took it as we were going to visit MY friends. She followed along and it's not like I cared about whether she came or not. When I got to the practice room, I could feel everyone gawking at Eun Joo, who was wearing something more casual yet at the same time it felt formal. She was wearing a light pink cardigan, a plain white tank top, a flowy white skirt that stopped right above her knees, and light pink heels.

"Dong Ho-ah, who is she?" Hoon asked looking at me and back at Eun Joo. Eun Joo looked at Hoon and gave him a tiny smile.

"Hello, I'm Song Eun Joo. Dong Ho's girlfriend." Eun Joo said giving Hoon a tiny bow like she gave to her grandfather. Hoon looked at her strangely. Everyone turned to look at me and Eun Joo.

"Dong Ho, you got a girlfriend and didn't tell us? You selfish bastard!" Soohyun slid across the floor and brought me into a headlock.

"Get off of me! She's not my girlfriend and I don't want a girlfriend!" I said, pushing Soohyun off of me and then looked at him. "My stupid mom and that stupid old man set me up on a damn date with her and wants us married." I spat. Eun Joo was looking ahead of her, even though there was nothing to look at.

"Ohhh, arranged marriage." Kevin said, tapping at his chin thoughtfully. "Is it still something people do these days? It's a terrible thing to do. It results to a bad relationship, which cause divorce."

"Don't worry." I said. "I won't get a divorce. I'm not marrying anyone." AJ could feel the tense atmosphere in the room between me and Eun Joo.

"Man, I'm hungry, I'm going to get something for all of us to eat. Anyone want anything?" Everyone shook their heads as AJ took Eun Joo out to go get something to eat for all of us. Kiseop shook his head at me.

"Dong Ho, be nicer around her. She's a girl in the end and she hasn't done anything wrong to you right?" Kiseop sighed. Even though Kiseop was right, I didn't want to get married to HER. 

 

*I thought that in this chapter maybe Eun Joo and AJ would get to do introductions... But since this chapter is too long, I'll do it in another chapter. Enjoy~*