Chapter 18: Hot Chocolate

Arranged Marriage To.....

Eun Joo stood there bewildered by what was happening. "What... is this?" Her voice wavered for a bit and she began to feel her heart beating faster, which worried her by the minute.

"It's a surprise birthday party for you and Kevin!" Hye Ri replied hyper already. Eun Joo was about to ask another question when she was pushed into a group hug with Soohyun, Hoon, Kevin, AJ, and Hye Ri. 

"How did you know it was my birthday today? Even I don't remember it." Eun Joo replied, trying to regain her steady voice. Hye Ri let out a giggle. 

"Remember the day I dragged you out to look for the perfect gift for Kevin?" Hye Ri asked. Eun Joo had felt like she had lost her voice so she nodded. "Well, when you went home to get a music piece, I asked one of your maids. Fortunately, your maid knew exactly where your birth certificate was and was able to tell me when your birthday is, which just so happens to be today." Eun Joo could feel curve up as Hye Ri passed Eun Joo a gift she had gotten for her. 

"Eun Joo, I had no idea today was your birthday!" Kevin pouted with a slight agyeo in his voice. "I wasn't able to get you a gift." Eun Joo couldn't help it but she let a tiny laugh escape from . Covering quickly she turned away as everyone started to laugh at embarrassed Eun Joo. AJ gave Eun Joo a reassring smile as he handed her the gift he had gotten her. Eun Joo thanked him and then slowly began to unwrap the professionally wrapped gift as Hye Ri looped her arm with hers cheerfully watching Eun Joo unwrap her gifts as Kevin tugged on Hye Ri's arm. Eun Joo unwrapped the wrapping paper to reveal a simple but beautiful sapphire necklace, that left the room in awe. AJ felt someone hit him on the head lightly and then pull him into a headlock.

"Yah, you can get such an expensive necklace and yet you can't afford to buy us some food?! You miser!" Soohyun said childishly, headlocking AJ as Hoon joined in on the attack.

"Tonight we shall.... Punish AJ!" Kiseop began to tackle helpless AJ to the practice room floor as Kevin cheered them on. Eli held AJ down as Soohyun began to tickle poor AJ whose face was turning red. Eun Joo couldn't hold in her laughter anymore and let out a burst of laughter. Dong Ho turned his head away slightly frustrated and left the tuffy and festive room. AJ squirmed out of their reach and began to run around the room crazily, trying to avoid them.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dong Ho searched his pockets desperately. "Where are my keys?! Did I forget to bring them out today?" Dong Ho  was panicked as he had searched his pockets for the 100th time. Leaving him with no choice, he sat on the steps leading to his house and decided to sit and wait for Eun Joo patiently. Today... was Eun Joo's birthday. How is it that everyone knew? Everyone besides me? I mean for Kevin, it's understandable, but me?  I know almost absolutely nothing about her. Why didn't she tell me? Wait, it's not like you care about her anyways. Why get so worked up over her?  Of course she wouldn't tell you. It's not like you would care anyways. Dong Ho thought fevertly. Yeah, why are you getting so worked up over it? I mean I could just buy her a gift tomorrow. She wouldn't care. But to think about it, I have been neglecting Hye Sung. 

Dong Ho sat on the hard steps in the cold trying to think about Hye Sung, but guilt got the better of him and left his thoughts wandering off to Eun Joo. How happy she had looked when she had gotten the gift from AJ. In the midst of his thoughts he heard a voice.

"Dong Ho-ah?" Eun Joo took a few quick steps towards Dong Ho. "Did you forget your keys?" Dong Ho nodded, freezing.

"You should've called me or at least told me to go home with you." Eun Joo said, taking her keys out quickly to unlock the door. As soon as they got into the house and had their jackets hung up, Eun Joo turned to Dong Ho. "Do you want something warm to drink? Like tea?"

"Tch. Tea? Haven't you ever heard of Hot Chocolate?" Dong Ho asked, resembling Rudolph. Eun Joo shook her head as Dong Ho pushed her aside and headed to the kitchen. "Watch." Within a few minutes Dong Ho had a two cups of hot chocolate sitting in front of them. Eun Joo looked at the two cups of hot chocolate as Dong Ho picked his up and moved to the dining room to drink it. Eun Joo took her cup and followed Dong Ho and sat across from him as Dong Ho blew at his hot chocolate to cool it and watched as Eun Joo just drank it.

"Yah!" Dong Ho said quickly, pulling Eun Joo's cup out of her hand. "It's hot! You should try to cool it down before drinking it or you'll burn yourself!" Eun Joo shook her head.

"It's fine. Whenever I make tea I drink it right after I make it. I can with stand heat." Eun Joo said reassuringly before taking her cup of hot chocolate and drinking it. As soon as the hot chocolate touched her lips, sehe spit it back into the cup, realizing how hot it was. Dong Ho smirked shaking his head.

"And you said it was fine and it wouldn't burn you. Tch." Dong Ho said mockingly before sitting next to her to look at her burned lip. 

"I wasn't like this before." Eun Joo said a bit ashamed of herself. "I know I've changed a lot recently and have gotten a lot ruder." Dong Ho couldn't help it but laugh.

"Rude? Are you serious? You... be rude?!" Dong Ho laughed making Eun Joo feel uncomfortable and even more embarrassed. "Are you okay though?" Eun Joo nodded.

"It has a prickly sort of feeling." Eun Joo replied, wincing when she touched her lips. 

"It'll go away. Just rinse it was cold water for now." Dong Ho helped Eun Joo out of her chair and headed to the kitchen with her turning on the cold water. Eun Joo dabbed cold water on her lips lightly as Dong Ho stood there watching. When she was done they both returned to the dining room to finish their hot chocolate. "So, today was your birthday..." Eun Joo nodded.

"I didn't know it was my birthday today. It was such a long time since I last celebrated my birthday." Eun Joo replied carefully sipping the cup of hot chocolate. "The hot chocolate is really sweet."

"Well, you better like it." Dong Ho said teasingly. "My hot chocolate is special. You won't find any other hot chocolates that taste like this."

"Really?" 

"Yep, I add other ingredients in it to fit my taste more. Since I let you watch me make it, consider it a gift. Now you know how to make it." Dong Ho said.

"So, we're basically the other two people who know how to make this?" Eun Joo asked in disbelief looking at the cup of hot chocolate. 

"Seems like you still don't believe me. Why don't be have lunch together tomorrow? I'll take you to some places to try out the hot chocolate okay? Then you can believe me." Eun Joo finished her hot chocolate, covering her yawn. 

"It sounds good. I'm going to head to bed first then." Eun Joo said good night and then headed up the stairs to sleep, tired from all the events that had happened in the past five hours.  

Dong Ho sighed and finished his hot chocolate before trudging up the stairs tired. Getting up the stairs, he could see Eun Joo fast asleep. Tucking in her, he bent down next to her to see her sleeping face. Cocking his head to the side, he gave a tiny smile.

"Happy Birthday."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

*I know it's a short update but, it's September and it's a busy month for me. I'm really sorry about the terrible chapter .And I haven't had much time to prepare for anything. So to make it up the next chapter, I am completely sure, will have a lot more chemistry :D So be prepared. I might be updating next week, or either next next week. It depends, but please wait ^^ Thank you my subbies and of course, the viewers. Enjoy~*