Mixed Stories

Arranged Marriage To.....

A/N: THE CONTEST IS STILL GOING ON. What are you guys waiting for? Join the contest now! The information regarding the contest is at the bottom of this chapter if you are interested. Please consider joining!

*Dong Ho's Pov*

"I can't do this!" I complained as I spilled some flour on the floor. Chorim looked at me sympathetically.

"I can make the cake for you. Any time you want too. So don't force yourself, okay?" I was tempted to have her help me make the green tea cake, but I decided against it since I wanted to give it to Eun Joo as an apology. A sincere apology.

"It's okay. I'll try again." I brushed my bangs aside as I mentally said 'fighting', just to feel deflated again. Chorim stiffled a laugh as I groaned. Bits of flour rained down on me. "Not again!"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

*Eun Joo's Pov*

I sat on a park bench, letting a cool breeze mess with my hair. As I was in the bathroom, Dong Ho left the house. Probably out of disgust. Annoyance. Frustration. I know. I'm a burden.

He suggested that I take a walk. That I should get some fresh air and he offered to come with me. I couldn't decline his offer since he had been thoughtful enough to make me juk. But now, I was alone. In this park. The sun was strangely calming.

As I was lost in my thoughts, a bouquet of colorful carnations popped up in front of me.

"Noona, this is for you." A young boy smiled at me as I looked at the empty spaces next to me on the bench, thinking he couldn't possibly be talking to me.

"For me?" I asked. He nodded his head happily, showing me a smile. "Oh... Thank you." I slowly accepted the flowers.

"Noona, he said that he wanted to see you smile more often. He also said that he's sorry." The little boy gave me one last smile and then scrambled back to his mother, who smiled at him, ruffling his short black hair. I gave him one last look as I looked down at the flowers, wondering who he was talking about.

He?

I looked at the flowers. The flowers weren't that bad. I couldn't bite back my smile. They were as pretty as the roses AJ had given me at the first concert he had attended. The one that Dong Ho never attended. Even though he promised. It didn't matter much anyways. I didn't expect him to. I hoped he would, but hopes are meaningless.

"You like them right?" I looked up from the bouquet and saw Dong Ho walking towards me.

"Are you the one that gave me this?" He was supposed to be angry with me. Disgusted. Annoyed. I ruined his life. What... what happened?

"Yeah." He answered straight forwardly. He took a seat next to me. Before I could ask a few other questions on my mind, he answered them for me. "I don't know that little boy. I asked his mother if he could so it for me. Apparently U-Kiss is becoming more popular in Korea. She allowed me to borrow him if I took a picture with her."

"Aren't you mad at me?" It became silent and I felt like I had said something incredibly wrong.

"It wasn't you fault that Hye Sung left me. She... She never loved me anyways." Dong Ho answered. "I'm really-"

"Don't tell me that." I told him before he could finish his sentence. His life was practically in ruins because of me. Why did he have to apologize? He was going through so much physical and mental pain and yet, as his wife, I couldn't do anything. I was at fault.

"You're right. I shouldn't just apologize to you. My apology won't do anything for you. So," Dong Ho stood up and turned to me, holding his left hand out towards me. "Let me make it up to you today." 

I sat there, stunned. I looked at my bandaged left hand and then my right hand and right back to his hand. Was he really offering me his hand? What was he thinking? Dong Ho frowned as I hesitated to take his hand.

"Just trust me for this one time." Dong Ho held his hand out further as I bit my lip and took his hand. He smiled and pulled me along and we stopped in front of Sleepy's.

"What are we doing here?" Dong Ho already had a bed. I had the sofa. Why are we shopping or rather, looking for another bed?

"We're getting a bed for the guest room. So if I ever do something stupid, you have a bed to sleep on." Dong Ho pulled me inside and laid down on the first bed we saw. We laid side by side on the bed as Dong Ho commented on it,

"So, you're saying that I can sleep on the bed if you do anything stupid?" I asked. Did that mean that the other days, I had to sleep on the sofa?

"Well- what I mean is- um, the sofa is made from rocks. It's only comfortable when you're sitting. It's bad for your back too." Dong Ho coughed and sat up on the bed. "So I thought we might as well share a bed for the time being. So- you- we- I mean you know we're still not very comfortable with each other. And it's been a few months since we've lived with each other. We have to find a way to get closer right? Even if it means to do so physically. But- not inappropriately of course."

"Oh..." He was right. But I couldn't get too close him.

"So, what do you think about this bed?"

"It's not about what I think. It's about what you think." I answered. "If you like it, you should get it." I looked at the blank ceiling.

"Today is your day. I'll listen to all the things you have to say." He turned to his side and looked at me. "Look at me." I turned to my side to find myself staring into his brown eyes.

"What do you think of this bed?" I could see a spark of... what was that word? Why am I so bad at remembering emotion words? Calm? No, it started with a 's'. Sincerity? It seems to be right.

"It's..." I look at him and see that he's paying very close attention to me. "Um... too soft."

He repeated the process with me as went from bed to bed. As we came to another bed, he laid down on it and smiled.

"I like this one. I know you'll like this one too. It's soft, but not too soft. It has a certain level of firmness and softness to this one." Dong Ho analyzed, staring at the ceiling. "What are you waiting for? Lay down next to me and see if I'm correct."

"We should buy this one then." I answered, letting my fingertips run on the soft bed. 

"You can't just take my word for it. I could be wrong about your personal tastes."

"I trust your judgement." I answered. Dong Ho frowned at my answer and the poker face of mine. A smile played across his face as he thought of something.

"Help me up." Dong Ho held his hand out, as I took it with my right hand. I was surprised as he pulled my hand quickly. I fell onto the bed as he laughed.

"How's the bed?" Dong Ho was standing up next to the bed, a smile plastered onto his face.

"It's perfect as you said." I took a deep breath and got off the bed, knocking into Dong Ho. He stumbled and fell back down onto the bed. "I'm sorry. I didn't meant to-" He pulled me down onto the bed again and wrapped his arm around my waist. My back was faced towards him and I buried my face in my hands out of...embarrassment?

"Thanks for pushing me onto the bed." Dong Ho said. I knew it didn't actually mean it and I apologized again.

"I know it was an accident." Dong Ho laughed as I apologized to him profusedly. "Today's your day. Don't forget that." Before I could say anything else, a man in a white button down shirt came up to us quietly.

"Bed are meant for everyone to try. Not to actually sleep on. Public affection here may not be the best option here." He informed us, quietly without making any eye contact.

"Sorry." I regained my composure and stood up. We left the store after we made a purchase of the bed and left knowing that it would be delievered in two weeks.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

*Author's Pov*

Eun Joo was lost in deep thought as Dong Ho walked behind, enjoying the sunlight. The sun was setting and Dong Ho bit back a smile. They stopped at a corner store for a brief second to get some water.

Dong Ho came out with a bottle of water and handed it to Eun Joo. Thanking him, Eun Joo took the bottle of water as the setting sun reflected off the ring on his finger.

"Oh..." Eun Joo spotted the ring for the first time that day. Dong Ho paused and caught on.

"Oh, the ring. Hmmm... I thought today might've been a good day to wear it, so I did." Dong Ho gave her a smile as she gave him her usual small smile, nodding her head. Dong Ho looked at her bare fingers.

"Where's your ring?"

Eun Joo had a hard time swallowing the mouthful of water. To be honest, she hasn't even thought about the ring recently. She had been feeling faint and had been too busy practicing for the competition. Which, evidently did not work. She had failed.

"It's at home I believe." Eun Joo answered, closing the bottle of water. Dong Ho took the bottle and took a sip from it and nodded.

"Let's go home then." He suggested, smiling. "I have something to give you."

______________________________________________________________________________________________

"A caramel latte please." Min Seo opened her bag to find her wallet and to her despair, she had left it in her locker at the hospital she worked at. She sighed, grumbling, "What bad luck I have. If only I had my lucky braclet." She ran her fingers through her dyed brown hair and loosened her ponytail as she was about to tell the cashier to cancel her order.

"I'll buy a caramel latte for this lovely lady." Min Seo watched as the man handed over his citi credit card to the cashier.

"Alright, please wait a moment." Min Seo watched as the cashier handed the credit card and receipt back to the man and headed towards the coffee maker.

"Thank you." Min Seo turned to the man to thank him. She didn't get a very good look at him, considering the fact that he had sunglasses on. "How should I address you?"

The man let out a laugh and took his sunglasses off for a brief second and put them back on. "I'm surprised you'd forget a guy like me."

"It's you! From that day at the hospital. The one who visited um- the idol, Dong Ho. You're from U-Ki-" He covered Min Seo's mouth.

"So you do remember me. Long time huh?" Before Min Seo could answer, the cashier returned and handed her the caramel latte.

"Have a good day!"

"Thank you. You too." Min Seo took a sip from the latte. "Do you know what I else I remembered?"

"What?" He took her latte from Min Seo and took a sip from it.

"Hey- I'll let you get away from drinking my coffee this one time, since you paid for me. But I don't want a next time." Min Seo warned, snatching her drink back as he laughed. "Anyways, I remembered that you took my bracelet. When are you going to give it back? I strictly remember you saying that the next time we saw each other, you'd give it back to me then."

"Hmm.... the latte was two dollars." He avoided the question playfully.

"I'll pay you back. Let me get my wallet first!" Min Seo answered, biting her lip out of frustration.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"I didn't actually mean it." He said as Min Seo got a hold of her wallet back at the hospital.

"Whatever. I don't want to be indebted to an oh-so-great idol." Min Seo opened her wallet and he caught a glimpse of a picture of her and a boy that was taller than her, by- a lot, holding hands.

"Who's that?" Min Seo's heart stopped at the question. She snatched two dollars out of her wallet and snapped her wallet shut.

"Just take this and go. I have work to do." Min Seo said, throwing her wallet back into her locker. He was taken aback by how much she changed with one question.

"I heard you wanted this back though." He pulled her silver bracelet out of his pocket and let it dangle between his fingers.

"I do want it back. Now give it to me." Min Seo reached for it as he backed away.

"After work. Do you have time?"

"I guess I have no choice." Min Seo muttered. "So you'll really give it back to me if I take some time with you after work?"

"It depends. Should I?" He gave her a smile, leaving her standing there puzzled.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

*To make sure there are no misunderstandings, I want to tell the readers, Min Seo is the nurse that picked up Eun Joo's ring. The 'He' is the Someone. So guys, should I also add in Hye Ri's love story? I mean Eun Joo's friend Hye Ri not Hye Sung xD. But Hye Sung will have her own love story take place in this story as well. What do you guys think?*

ABOUT THE CONTEST:

CONTEST: Who is the 'Someone' in the story?

Now I know that I have asked this question many times. But each of you have different inputs on who the Someone is and I'm curious to know why. 

HOW TO WIN THE CONTEST: Message me your guess on who the Someone is! Don't forget to include an explantation to why you think that person is Someone, since there will be multiple people guessing the same person. The person with the correct answer and best explanation will win. So try your best! 

PRIZE: As I have mentioned before, the prize is getting to choose the next main male character (from U-Kiss) in my new story. I can tell you, the person you pick as the main will be very important as this person will be in at least TWO stories. That's right, I'm planning on writing a sequel for it already. At most, he'll be in three.

You may choose your U-Kiss bias or a U-Kiss member that you would love to have more stories on! Jun will be off-limits because I already have a role for him in the story. A set role and a pretty important one to welcome the new member. Please do not hesitate to join this contest.

CONTEST ENDS: The contest will end on June 8th. A bit over two weeks from now. Remember, JUNE 8TH. It would be a bit sad if you messaged me your answer a day later and it was correct.