The Pink Enveloped Letter

Arranged Marriage To.....

Dong Ho's Pov

For the next month, everything had become a blur. Everything was moving so quickly. We had non-stop dance practice since we had get ready for our comeback soon. It caused me to miss some of my classes in college. My hyungs didn't go to college (most of them) but I insisted I had to go. AJ is going to college and I have to be a equally as smart as he is. I had also lost countless days of sleep. Before I knew it, our manager had us shoot the music video, causing me to become grumpy and frustrated. Kevin tried to cheer me up, but I would respond negatively towards his happiness. I was worn out and I wasn't feeling to good.

It bothered me so that I haven't heard anything from Hye Sung from the last three months and I had to wonder if anything bad had happened to her. I'm pretty sure if anything bad happened to her, I would be told so right? Where was she then? But I didn't have enough energy everyday to think about her 24/7. It also bothered me that Eun Joo hadn't bothered to pop up and check up on me once. It would be good to have someone to complain to every now and then besides my optimistic hyungs.

The music video shoot ended at 3p.m. the next day and I was dropped dead tired. I headed home and didn't even bother to go for the stairs. I went to the sofa and collasped onto it. It was probably my first time thinking that the sofa was a comfortable place to sleep. I heard the front door click open and Eun Joo came in. She seemingly noticed my presence quickly and I could hear her steady footsteps heading over to the sofa as she covered me with the blanket she used when she used to sleep on the sofa. I couldn't stay up for another minute and I fell into sleep.

I didn't wake up until the next morning to find Eun Joo already setting the table up with a bowl of rice, a bowl of tofu soup, some meat, and some side dishes. She then headed to the closet next to the front door to get her jacket and violin when I stopped her.

"Did you already eat breakfast?" I mumbled. 

"I usually don't eat breakfast." Eun Joo answered, seemingly awkwardly. 

"And yet you talk about how unhealthy my lifestyle is. Yours isn't that healthy either." I was carrying the blanket, which was wrapped around me like a cloak and I knew my hair was a mess. "Where are you going so early in the morning?" I spotted the clock and saw it was only six in the morning.

"To school. Why?" 

"This early? Doesn't it start at nine? Most colleges start at nine don't they?" I questioned. "You still have a lot of time." I went to the bathroom to wash up, leaving the bathroom door open as I brushed my teeth to make sure she didn't leave yet. I went out to the dining room to eat my breakfast, sitting across from Eun Joo who stayed silent as I ate.

"Are you feeling better?" Eun Joo asked suddenly. I nodded in reply. It wasn't fair. All the other U-Kiss members could rest gleefully today, while I... I have to go to school. I had still felt too tired from the shoot and was just shoveling rice in my mouth when uen Joo interrupted me. "Dong Ho, you should eat more meat. You'll need the energy." She took a spare pair of chopsticks and a couple pieces of meat into my bowl as I ate it. I felt good to know that she had at least cared a bit for me since during this month we barely had any time to talk to each other, but as she put the meat in my bowl, I noticed that the ring I bought her wasn't on her hand anymore. Ignoring that, I heard Eun Joo sigh. "I heard from AJ that you all have to practice harder over the next few days to get ready for your comeback."

My mood instantly hit rock bottom of my mood scale when I heard AJ's name. Was that bastard still talking to Eun Joo? I left my breakfast on the table and threw on my jacket to leave quickly. I could feel Eun Joo's eyes rest on me as I walked out of the house angrily, leaving Eun Joo to wonder what she had done. I looked at my hand to look at the ring she had picked out for me. Scoffing at the sight of it, I put it into my pocket and walked to school, my backpack slung over my shoulder.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It wasn't long before we made our comeback stage. Feeling festive, Eli proposed that we go drinking tonight, but I wasn't in the mood to see Kevin drunk. Neither was Soohyun and Kiseop. So instead Kevin proposed that we went over to Hye Ri's place for a tiny party, but the rest of us smirked at him, wondering if he had a thing for her. 

"Why don't we go to Dong Ho's house?" Hoon suggested. "It's about time the maknae showed us his cooking skills. I'm still doubting whether or not he's a good cook." Thinking about Eun Joo, I wanted to shake my head. I wasn't in the mood to see her these days. 

"I agree." AJ commented. I wanted to shoot him a death glare knowing why he wanted to go. However, if I did, it would become more obvious to the other members that we didn't like each other. That we hated each other.

"Oh and why don't we invite Hye Ri too? I mean Eun Joo and Hye Ri are friends aren't they?" Kevin chirped in. Soohyun let out a chuckle. 

"Well we have to see if Eun Joo is willing to take us in for dinner too right, Dong Ho?" Everyone wanted to go to my place for dinner tonight. I was left to fend for myself. Before I could say anything, Hoon continued to speak.

"I'm sure she'll take us in for dinner. Let's go!" Everyone moved into the van as our manager drove us to my home and then left since his wife was calling him home. Eun Joo seemed surprised to see them as they clambered in. 

"U-Kiss in your home, reporting for dinner." The six of them lined up like soldiers and Eun Joo let out a laugh. 

"I'm thirsty. Eun Joo, do you have anything to drink?" Eli asked as he was already getting comfortable in the living room. 

"Water and juice." Eun Joo gave a short response.

"Juice~." Almost of them said at once. Eun Joo smiled and headed into the kitchen to get the juice. Soohyun slung his arm around my neck and smiled.

"Looks like our maknae is going to be cooking for us tonight. I can't wait~" Eli smirked.

"I'm a better cook though." Eli commented. Kiseop launched a cushion attack on the Eli, laughing.

"So what?" Kiseop asked as Hoon joined in. Sighing, I went to the kitchen to see what was in the fridge before I started to think of things I could make. There was kimchi as usual. There was chicken and onions. No recipe came to my mind in which I could feed over seven people with.

"Eun Joo, is this all we have?" I asked her. Eun Joo nodded as I sighed, ready to head out and get some more food.

"We could make kimchi fried rice with all that we have." Eun Joo answered. Fried rice? With kimchi? It seemed pretty interesting. As Eun Joo instructed me and helped me slice the onions and chicken, the doorbell rang. I could hear Kevin fighting Eli to open the door, but Kevin was definitely no match for Eli. 

"Hi," a woman's voice greeted everyone cheerfully. She made her way to the kitchen and brightened up when she saw Eun Joo.

"Oh, Hye Ri-ah!" Eun Joo left me without any other instructions and I became worried that the rice would be burned.

"Eun Joo! Don't leave me alone with something I don't know how to cook!" I panicked a little as Eun Joo came back to me quickly after ushering Hye Ri into the living room. Once the dish was done, Eun Joo tasted it and complimented it.

As I put it into bowls for the hungry guests, I could hear Eli marvelling over it. "It actually looks good enough to eat!" Eli exclaimed, causing me to shoot him a death glare.

"That's what I say everytime I see your food too." I replied. He was a type O and he was no competition for me, a rough type B. As everyone was happily eating, Eli decided to pull out his pigeon card. He put his bowl on the coffee table and started to peck at it, causing the rest of us to laugh. Eun Joo was also laughing at that sight of it.

"Someone, get this on tape or take a picture!" Kiseop exclaimed, pointing and laughing at Eli. Soohyun was shaking with laughter as he tried to pull his phone out.

"I'll go get my camera." Eun Joo piped in. Before she could leave, I stopped her.

"I'll get the camera for you. I need to leave my phone upstairs to charge anyways, so I'll go up." I gave her a friendly smile and headed up the stairs to get her camera. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I got up the stairs and left my phone by my bedside table to charge and found her camera on the desk. As I lifted up her camera, I saw a pink envelope that caught my eye. It had my name on it pretty big and it had no address on it. Taking it with the camera, I went back downstairs and gave Eun Joo the camera before heading into the kitchen to get a glass of water. As I drank the water, I read the letter.

Dong Ho,

I don't know when you'll read my letter, but the later the better I suppose. Are you wondering who this letter is from? If you think about it, you haven't seen this person for at least two months since this person lives in Korea and you just went to Japan to do some U-Kiss promotions. If you thought it was me, then you are right. It's me, Hye Sung. Why am I writing a letter to you when I can just call you or talk to you in person? If that's what you're thinking, it's because I'm too scared to face you. There are secrets that you've yet to find out and when you do, it won't make you too happy to hear. Dong Ho, throughout all the years I've known you, from elementary school till now, I've never seen you as a man. And I never will. Which is why I am returning the bracelet to you. 

I picked up the pink evelope to find the bracelet I had given her inside.

If you're wondering why I went out with you then.... I don't know what to say. I can't say it yet since there's a person who understands what's going on much better than I do. That person... will talk to you one day. When they feel it's right to tell you. Don't bother trying to look for me now and ask who the person is. I'm not in Korea. I've decided to travel again and experiment with my art style. I'm leaving Korea one month before you return. Perhaps one day you can ask me. And I will be able to answer the questions you have right now. Take care until then. And, I super sorry Dong Ho.

From Hye Sung

I could feel my heart breaking. What? She has never seen me as a man? My grip on the thin glass cup tightened to the point where it shattered in my hand and I dropped the remaining parts of the cup. Eun Joo ran into the kitchen followed by Eli, Hoon, and the others.

"Dong Ho..." Eun Joo's voice slipped into my ear and I couldn't help it, but feel angry at her. "Are you-,"

"When did you get this letter?" I asked her angrily. She seemed to be more focused on my bleeding hand.

"Oh, that letter? I found it in the mail when we came back from Japan." Eun Joo replied. "Why?"

"Why didn't you give it to me earlier then?" I asked, my anger taking control.

"Why are you so angry?" AJ took the piece of paper from my hand slowly and read it. "Because of Hye Sung?"

"Shut up." I sneered at him. "I don't need to hear you talk."

"I- I didn't know it was that important to you and I thought you'd see it on the desk-,"

"Yeah right. Your camera was covering it, I know you did it purposely to hide it from for as long as you could." I snapped. "You were probably jealous of how much attention I paid to her instead of you. Why are you so selfish?" I pushed past Eun Joo to leave but AJ grabbed me by my collar slamming against a wall.

"What the hell are you talking about? Are you out of your mind? Why are you blaming Eun Joo for that fact Hye Sung left you?" AJ asked, tightening the grip on my shirt. "And she's selfish? If she's selfish, what word would there be to describe you? Super selfish? Maybe that's why Hye Sung didn't see you as a man. Because you're the selfish one. If you're just going to hurt Eun Joo, give her to me. I'm pretty sure she doesn't see you as a man either."

"AJ, calm down. Dong Ho too." Soohyun tried to calm the both of the down.

"The only reason why Eun Joo married you in the first place was because it was an arranged marriage. Ask her, do you think that someone as sweet as Eun Joo would marry you?" AJ spat angrily. "Unlike you, I'm a man. If Eun Joo was to be with anyone, it would have to be me. I ove her and would do anything for her, unlike you." 

"Let go of me." I hissed angrily. I pushed AJ off with all the anger that had been built up inside of me. "I know you love her, but so what? You can't take her away from me. I married to her legally with papers, so go ahead. So what if this marriage was arranged? Who has Eun Joo right now? But it's not like she matters to me anyways. If you want her, take her. But I won't help you a single bit." 

"How can you say something like that about Eun Joo?" Soohyun asked, getting angry with me too.

"This is just all the truth." I sneered. "Eun Joo, you like AJ don't you? You're always talking to him and smiling with him. Why stay with me when you love him? AJ, if you love her so much, prove it. Kiss her. Go ahead. Prove it to me, how much you love her. If you can prove to me how much you love her, I'll give her to you."

"Dong Ho!" AJ said angrily.

"Dong Ho, you can't talk about Eun Joo like she's a thing. She has a heart too, she has feelings too." Soohyun said angrily.

"You're right, so Eun Joo, why don't you follow your damn feelings and leave me alone?" I clenched my fists the blood making my hand feel dirty.

"Dong Ho!" Eli cried out angrily too. I could see Eun Joo slowly bending over to pick up the glass pieces on the floor.

"Eli!" Kiseop shot Eli a look, trying to shush him. 

"HOON!" Hoon said suddenly. I left the house angrily, not wanting to hear anything else from them.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Narrator's POV

"What the hell are you doing?" Kiseop asked looking at Hoon.

"I thought we were calling out names." Hoon shrugged. "I thought Dong Ho was going to win the name calling, but-,"

"Hoon, catch up would you?" Kevin said, rolling his eyes. With his sweet face, he still didn't get angry yet.

"Eun Joo, are you okay?" Hye Ri knelt next to Eun Joo who continued picking the glass up. Eun Joo quickly cleaned up the glass pieces and washed her hands not replying. She wiped the blood off the floor and then washed her hands again, AJ pulling her into a back hug.

"I'm sorry Eun Joo." AJ apologized to her. 

"It's not your fault. I really should've given him the letter earlier." Eun Joo's voice was a little rough as she said so. 

"What is wrong with him? He was going out with Hye Sung?" Eli asked outloud, causing Soohyun to smack him. 

"Eun Joo-ah, we should get going. We'll come to visit you tomorrow okay?" Soohyun said softly to Eun Joo. Eun Joo turned to him and gave him a smile.

"Okay." Eun Joo watched as they all left slowly, all except for AJ. AJ stayed behind hoping to comfort her some more, but Eun Joo asked him to leave to. Not wanting to give her anymore trouble, AJ left unwillingly. Eun Joo sat at the dining room table, spotting the letter. She picked it up to read it herself. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath before leaving the house with the first aid kit and Dong Ho's jacket.

 

 

*Super long chapter. There's a huge chunk that is..... just there? And for those who answered the question i had last week, I had lots of good guesses from you guys! A lot of you said it was her friend from Japan, Seunghyun which surprised me (he was only in one chapter). And I would love for you guys to answer this week's question!So what do you guys think? Who deserves Eun Joo more? AJ or Dong Ho? Enjoy~*