Would You Be Happier With Me?

Arranged Marriage To.....

*Narrator's Pov*

"You idiot." A soft voice was heard as Eun Joo shifted a bit in her sleep. Everything went silent. "Didn't you get my note? Didn't I ask you to take better care of yourself?" Eun Joo wanted to sit up and open her eyes to answer, but she felt too weak to.

"Why are you making it so hard for me? Why are you making me so worried?" Something warm wrapped around Eun Joo's hand and that 'something' was another hand. "You're such an idiot. Can't you say no for once? For your own good?" Eun Joo could hear the door open.

"Are you Eun Joo's friend or relative?" Another voice rang in Eun Joo's ear and the door closed.

"Yeah?" Eun Joo's eyes opened a bit to see who was in the room with her and everything came back blurry. After a few painstaking seconds, she could see through the blur.

"I think that we should discuss her condition in my office. It's best not to talk in here, since the patient might wake any moment and panic." The doctor suggested as Eun Joo caught a glimpse of the visitor's face. The visitor nodded and followed the doctor out as Eun Joo managed to mutter the visitor's name.

"D... Dong Ho."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why are you making it so hard for me?" Eun Joo opened her eyes, seeing everything in a blur. Someone touched her arm. "Eun Joo, are you okay?"

Eun Joo blinked a couple more times before she was able to see clearly.

"Do- AJ?" She struggled to sit up as she recognized AJ. AJ gently told her to lie back down. "What are you doing here?"

"What do you think I'm doing? I'm here to visit you." AJ gave her a worried look and sat back down on the chair next to her hospital bed. 

"Aren't you and the rest of U-Kiss in the middle of promotions?" Eun Joo asked, shifting in her bed.

"Well, as of right now, you're more important to me than the concerts. I only have one concert and that's tonight. Don't worry; I still have a few hours left."

"I'm fine, AJ. I'm still alive and moving." Eun Joo raised her arm to show him that she could still move. Her left hand was left with bandages.

"You're physically okay, but what about internally? The doctor told me everything." Eun Joo became significantly more interested in the conversation.

"What did the doctor tell you?" She forced herself to sit up as AJ helped her.

"Before I say anything, I want to ask you, are you on a diet?"

"A diet?" Eun Joo was surprised at the question. She has never gone a diet before. Has she? It was a process where people eat healthier and exercised more right? "No, I've never been on one."

"How many times a day do you eat?"

"I have to eat three times a day." Eun Joo answered, avoiding the question.

"Eun Joo, you should be eating a bowl of rice for every meal of the day. Honestly, how many times a day do you eat?" AJ asked, his voice reflecting how worried he was as Eun Joo stayed calm.

"Once a day. I eat a bit of rice." Eun Joo answered, shifting in her bed once again.

"You can't live like this anymore, Eun Joo!" AJ was outraged when he heard her answer and struggled to stay calm. "Eun Joo, you're working yourself too hard. Moreover, look at yourself! You're so skinny. Even the doctors say that you're under weight. Even idols who try their hardest to weigh as much as you do, can't do it!"

"Well, what did the doctor say?" Eun Joo asked, looking at the white walls of the hospital room.

"That if you keep living like this, you'll die." AJ whispered the last word. Eun Joo nodded. "They say you have the symptoms of a person that goes on an extreme diet. That you're anemic as well. You lack a lot of iron right now. Have you lost a chunk of hair at the same time?"

"I suppose. But what's so bad about dying? We all do it. Dying... helps us end all our pain. Is happiness really worth all this pain? Is this the price happiness comes at?" Eun Joo asked, looking out the window from her bed to see the light blue sky holding the bright yellow sun up high. Everything seemed so happy. Except for her.

"No, death brings an end to everything. EVERYTHING. Eun Joo, if you die, you'll never see us again. Death will separate all of us. It'll bring the end of all the good things in this world! The good things outweigh the bad things in this world." AJ was burning up. "Why do you look down on life? Why do you look down on yourself? Why do you want to die?"

"Haven't you ever wondered what the point of life was?" Eun Joo asked, her lips turning into a smile. "What exactly is the point of life if we're all going to suffer? What's the point of life if I'm just one useless doll?"

"Eun Joo, you're not useless!" AJ argue. "Life isn't all about suffering! Life will be Hell if you think about it that way. Why are you treating yourself like this?!"

"I'm treating myself perfectly fine." Eun Joo answered as she continued to stare at the clouds passing by.

"Then look me in my eyes and tell me it!" AJ was furious and Eun Joo continued to stare out the window. He placed his hands on Eun Joo's pale face and tilted it up so she could see his face. "Eun Joo, you're torturing me! You're making me go crazy! Why are you making it so hard for me to let go of you?!"

"This... This is why death seems so suitable for me. Because I'm hurting so many people." Eun Joo's eyes were watery but her usual poker face stayed strong. "I'm hurting so many people, AJ. I don't care how much I'm hurting because my pain will all end when I die. But for you... for my grandfather... for Hye Ri... and for Dong Ho... once I die the pain and burden will still be there. You- you tell me what I should do. If I stay here, what other pains and misfortunes will I bring to you? Even I don't know."

"Eun Joo..." AJ was left speechless as Eun Joo sat at the edge of the hospital bed, yanking the needle connected to the bag of water that was supposed to keep her hydrated. She grabbed her regular clothes, hoping to change out of the airy hospital clothes.

"Where are you going?"

"Home. For something as unimportant as this, how long does this need to be dragged out? It's just a trivial thing." Eun Joo answered. "It'd be best if my grandfather and Dong Ho didn't hear about this incident. Please keep this a secret." She turned away and headed for the bathroom door when AJ answered her.

"No." Eun Joo turned to look at AJ as he grabbed her buddle of clothes and tossed it aside. "Wake up, Eun Joo. You can't hide this from them forever. Especially Dong Ho. As insensitive and heartless as Dong Ho may seem, he can be very observant. He'll notice the chunks of hair falling and the fainting. Even if you start eating right, there are times where you will faint in front of him! Wake up, Eun Joo."

AJ was tired of standing by, watching her barely get through each problem and obstacle. He remembered the promise he made to himself and Dong Ho. That he wouldn't take Eun Joo away from him as long as they were legally married and as long as Dong Ho wanted her. But it was getting to hard to control himself. He wanted to be able to comfort Eun Joo, to be there for her, and be able to hold her in his arms when she was in pain.

"I'll manage." Eun Joo answered.

"No, you won't." AJ answered firmly. Eun Joo broke into cold sweat as AJ pinned her against the wall as she attempted to get her clothes back. Her heart was beating quickly from the close presence of AJ. "Eun Joo, you're making me hate myself more and more. Every time I see you like this, I blame myself. What would've happened if I went out with you instead? What if I wasn't such a coward from the beginning and stopped you from getting legally married to Dong Ho? Would you be like this? Would you be happier with me?"

"AJ..." Eun Joo's legs felt weak.

"Eun Joo, every night I try to forget about you. But I can't. There's this one question haunting me every night. Every day, every minute, and every second that passes. And that question is... Do you love me? If you don't like me, I'll let go of you right now and try even harder to forget you."

AJ stared at Eun Joo as Eun Joo looked into his eyes and stayed silent. How should she answer? The fire inside of AJ quickly died down at the sound of her silence.

"I knew it..." AJ let go of Eun Joo and went to pick up her clothes that he had tossed aside. He dusted them off and handed them to Eun Joo who hadn't moved.

"I'm sorry." AJ apologized, carrying a heavy heart inside of him. "I'll be taking my leave now." Eun Joo stayed silent as she watched AJ walk to the door, sorting through her thoughts. As AJ's hand touched the door knob, Eun Joo knew she had to say something.

"I don't know why, but with you my heart races. My heart can't stop jumping. My hands get sweaty and I can't think properly. Maybe it's because I'm sick, but I think about you too, AJ. I think about you every night. I wonder if I would truly be happy with you." AJ turned around to look at Eun Joo, who had her hand over her heart. AJ stood there, wondering if he had finally gone insane.

Eun Joo walked up to him slowly and held his hand. It was true. AJ felt her cold sweaty hands on his warm sweaty ones. But something felt so off. Her hands were... cold. AJ held her hand for a while as Eun Joo sent him a smile.

"Thanks for bringing me to the hospital." Eun Joo said as AJ was lost deep in his thoughts. Not hearing what Eun Joo had said, his heart stopped at his sudden realization.

"You... you don't love me." 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

1:43 a.m.

Dong Ho leaned on the mirrored wall of the practice room a he finished another can of soda. He eyed the trash can across the room as he crushed his soda can and aimed at the trash can. He threw the can and missed by a centimeter. Groaning, he headed to the trash can and reached for it. Before he could pick up the can, someone else picked it up for him.

*Someone's POV*

I picked up the can and smiled at him. "You have terrible aiming skills." I threw the can into the trash for him as he walked back to his reusable bag and took another can of soda out. He rolled his eyes at me as I leaned on the wall, standing next to him.

"Is there something on your mind?"

"I don't want to talk about it." Dong Ho opened another can of soda and was about to drink it when I took it from him and took a sip from it. "Aish, Hyung get your own soda!"

"Hey, after all those things I've done for you, you can't even buy me a drink?" I protested. "Too much sugar isn't good for you anyways." I took another sip of the soda. "Oh and you've heard about Eun Joo right?"

"She's anemic and carries the symptoms of a person on an extreme diet. I know." Dong Ho sighed and kicked the reusable bag. I raised my eyebrows in interest, wanting to know how Dong Ho knew about it. Dong Ho sighed and titled his head back to look at the ceiling before looking at the floor and attempting to dig his foot into it.

"I should know." He continued.

 

 

"I was the one that brought her to the hospital."

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Yay! Within a few days I got another chapter done. So what did you guys think? Dramatic and Intense? Or stupid and over dramatic? Well for the poll a lot of you guys thought it was..... *Drum Roll*

 

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNtOm-umBubRKktWgwDDr

KEVIN!

Wow, Kevin won with twenty votes and AJ lost with just 13. Hmmm... Kevin... Is it really the 'Someone?' or is it actually AJ? Who knows? You'll find out soon, but for now, keep guessing and commenting :D*