I Can't Sleep At Night

Arranged Marriage To.....

*Third Person POV*

The moment they'd gotten off the plane in Japan, Dong Ho left for his idol schedules while Eun Joo stayed in the airport, seeing Hye Ri off to South Korea. When Eun Joo got back to the hotel with her luggage and Dong Ho's luggage, since she didn't have the key to his hotel room to drop his luggage off, she headed to her room. She laid on her bed, smiling to herself, thinking about her parents. I can still remember them. I can still remember my parents. Eun Joo found herself rethinking about the times she had spent with her parents. Before she knew it, the sky had become dark and she was heading to bed as she found herself tossing and turning in bed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dong Ho found himself tossing and turning in bed. He sat up on his bed and picked up his phone in the dark hotel room, quietly, not wanting to wake his roommate up. He sat there frustratedly thinking about Hye Sung.

 

Why hasn't she called me? It's been a month since I came to Japan and she hasn't called me. Did something happen to her?

 

Dong Ho frustratedly got up and threw on his jacket, heading out of the hotel, finding a quiet place to sit. He sat there and took his phone out, dialing Hye Sung's number.

 

"Sorry, the person you have dialed is not avaliable. Please try again later."

 

Dong Ho put his phone away frustratedly and sat there, thinking about the possible things that could've happened to Hye Sung.

 

Where are you Hye Sung? What are you doing? Why haven't you been calling me? Don't you know I'm worried about you?

 

As he left, his roommate slowly got out of bed and locked the door from behind, letting a smirk creep up on his face before he headed back to bed.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

With her eyes closed, she found herself thinking about a hospital room. A roomy one, with a gloomy atmosphere. A large bed, with white sheets, her mother holding onto her tightly as the doctors and nurses came in to bring her dad into a surgical room, her mother, putting her aside, desperately trying to stop the doctors and nurses from taking him away. Her mom let out a few helpless cries as she stumbled to the floor, pulling Eun Joo into a hug, her tears staining Eun Joo's face.

 

Eun Joo turned in her bed, lying on the side of her body, trying to get rid of that memory. As she turned to a different memory, that was no different from her previous memory.

 

She was back in the hospital and had just turned nine. Her grandfather seemingly upset over something as Eun Joo stared at what was once her mother. Instead of seeing a beautiful and elegant woman, what she saw was a dirty and and rather burnt badly woman. All she could think about what she would become upon both her parents gone. All she could think about was how painful her mother's death could've been. And suddenly, she was in a funeral home, people walking past her, apologizing to her and pitying her. Her grandfather had spent hours earlier lecturing her, telling her no matter how much she wanted to cry, she couldn't. She looked blankly at people as they walked past her talking about how great her mom was and what a pity it was for her to die.

 

Eun Joo sat up in her bed, sweating a bit. Sitting in the dark room alone, she took a look around the room and slowly got out of bed. It was a bit stuffy in the hotel room and Eun Joo had decided that she should go out and get a breath of fresh air. As she put on her jacket, she spotted her camera and decided to take it with her. As she walked out, she took a deep breath and looked around, taking photos of Tokyo at night. As she walked around, she saw someone familiar. Familiar and looking frustrated and seemed to be deep in thought.

 

She found herself thinking about him. I've never seen him like this before. It's different from his usual self. She took a few photos of him as she smiled to herself. She let her camera hang from the strap that it was attached to and went over to meet him. Tapping him on the shoulder, he turned around quickly, nearly bumping into Eun Joo.

 

"What were you thinking about?" Eun Joo asked.

 

"Nothing. I was just looking at something." Dong Ho replied, avoiding Eun Joo's eyes.

 

"Do you people really look out to space when they're 'looking' at something?"

 

"I wasn't staring off into space." Dong Ho said, trying to deny it. Eun Joo let a smile run across her face as she took her camera and held it up.

 

"Well, let's see the pictures I took, shall we?" Eun Joo asked as she went through the memory card. Dong Ho's face turned red with the thought that Eun Joo had evidence. Showing him the pictures, Dong Ho tried to grab the camera from Eun Joo's hand as Eun Joo backed away from him, trying to keep the camera out of his reach. "Okay- wait!" Eun Joo was a few feet away from Dong Ho and was gasping for breath, holding the camera up high.

 

Dong Ho ignored her playfully and went for the camera. "Don't make me... um... show this picture to your friends!" Eun Joo backed away some more. Dong Ho smirked.

 

"Yes, please do. And when you do, please explain to them why you were taking pictures of me." Dong Ho said. Eun Joo paused for a moment. "And before you do explain it to them, please explain why you were taking pictures of me?"

 

"Well- I-It's just. you looked different from who you usually were. Almost calmer?" Eun Joo said, her voice wavering. Dong Ho laughed and nodded.

 

"Fine, at least you know how to tell the truth. It's late now though. Let's head back to the hotel." They walked back to the hotel. When Eun Joo got back to her room, she gave Dong Ho his luggage as she watched him head back to his room, trying to open the door with his room key. Eun Joo watched as he struggled with the door.

 

"What's wrong?" Eun Joo asked, watching him from the door of her hotel room.

 

"I don't know. I can't open the door. I think he must've locked the door from behind." Dong Ho started pounding on the door, to wake his roommate up. When there was no response, Eun Joo stopped him.

 

"Don't try to wake him up. If you do, you'd probably wake up the rest of the hotel. Hye Ri went back to South Korea today, so I have an extra bed in my room. You still have your pajamas in the luggage you left at my hotel, so why don't you stay in my room then?" Eun Joo asked. Dong Ho sighed, putting his phone away after his many attempts to call his roommate had failed.

 

"I guess so." Dong Ho sighed as he followed Eun Joo. Once it was 3 a.m., even though they were both in bed and it was dark, they were both awake. Eun Joo, thinking about her parents and Dong Ho thinking about Hye Sung. To prevent himself from thinking about her any further, he plugged his earplugs into his phone and then his ears to listen to some music. Eun Joo shut her eyes and listened to the soft sounds of the rain drops, tapping on the window.

 

"Dong Ho, are you still awake?" Eun Joo whispered across the room. Dong Ho turned to his side to face Eun Joo from across the room.

 

"Yes?"

 

"I can't stop thinking about my parents. Especially the moments before their death and the funerals." Eun Joo whispered quietly.

 

"When I can't stop thinking about someone or something, I listen to music to keep myself from thinking about anything else besides the lyrics and the music." Dong Ho replied. Eun Joo turned to lay on her back.

 

"But I don't have a particular preference in music." Eun Joo said, sinking into her bed stumped.

 

"But don't you play the violin? I mean doesn't that mean you like playing classical music?" Dong Ho asked, sitting up on his bed, looking in Eun Joo's direction.

 

"But that doesn't mean that I like classical music or the violin. I only play it since, my grandfather expects me to." Eun Joo replied quietly.

 

"Oh." Eun Joo turned her back to Dong Ho, feeling her heart grow heavier by the moment. Suddenly, she heard soft piano notes slipping into her ear. She closed her eyes, knowing that Dong Ho was behind her. She could feel her eyes grow watery as she heard the lyrics to the song, reminding her of her parents. Dong Ho sat on the edge of her bed and patted her on her back as she let a couple of tears slip from her eyes.

 

Dong Ho held her hand and gave her hand a squeeze to let her know everything was alright. He sang along with the song softly.

 

"Bamsae halsumdo jal su eobseo nan. Oh ireon oneulbamdo, oneulbamdo.... her." Eun Joo slowly turned to face Dong Ho as he helped her wipe away the tears that had slipped from her eyes gently. Eun Joo sat up slowly as Dong Ho pulled her into a hug, letting her lean on his shoulder as the raindrops continued tapping on the window softly, the music still playing.

 

"You and I don't cut our ties, don'r deny our r squared pi, come to me it's okay now, we will restart everything again and again. I can't sleep at night..."
 

 

 

 

 

*So, another chapter done ^^ Hopefully you guys enjoyed this. I hope this chapter wasn't boring for you guys. Please comment. I love reading the comments you guys leave on each chapter and the support you give me. So enjoy and comment!~*