Not The Main Character

Arranged Marriage To.....

Eun Joo wandered the cold streets. Sure it was March, but it was only early spring and it was still cold. As she held onto Dong Ho's jacket and the first aid kit, she couldn't help it but feel something wash over body. A feeling. Guilt. Because of her, he left the house without a jacket and his hand bleeding. She was guilty. Sitting on a bench, she sighed and looked up at the sky in defeat. She spotted two stars that were far away from each other. One that shone brightly and the other that was nothing but a tiny speck of light. Seeing the two stars sparked her off a memory.

Could he have gone... to the park? Eun Joo got up at the thought of that. It was possible. She has been walking around aimlessly for a while now. She quickly hurried to the park in hope of seeing Dong Ho there. And she was right. She stood there, letting the wind blow her hair all over her face for a bit. She then quickly hurried over to him and took a seat next to him, surprising Dong Ho.

She threw his jacket over his shoulders to ward off the cold and took his bleeding had to clean it with the contents of the first aid kit. "Leave me alone." Dong Ho spat, pulling his bloodied hand away from Eun Joo. Eun Joo bit her lip, unsure of her next step.

Grabbing his hand again,she continued to clean the cuts. "You're an idol. You have to take better care of yourself. Even if you're angry at me, don't take it out on yourself. Take it out me instead." Eun Joo said as she began to wrap bandages over his cleaned cuts.

Rolling his eyes, Dong Ho coldly responded. "Like you are really concerned about me. You're just saying that to make yourself less guilty. You feel guilty don't you? You just want to live in ease don't you?" Dong Ho scoffed as Eun Joo finished wrapping the bandage around his hand. Dong Ho got up to leave immediately after that and Eun Joo bit her lip.

"I'm sorry, Dong Ho."

Dong Ho stopped in his tracks. "If just one sorry could make everything okay, then would this world be the same?" He answered, his heart stinging. This 'sorry' wasn't going to make everything okay again. Give back the KissMes he had lost. Bring Hye Sung back. Make his health condition normal. This 'sorry', was completely useless. "I'm not in the mood to deal with you now." As soon as those words came out of his mouth, the question that has been stuck in Eun Joo's head ever since the start of the marriage stabbed her heart. Dong Ho started to leave once again, but Eun Joo's soft voice stopped him.

"Wait," Eun Joo said, shocking herself as she quickly got up and pulled Dong Ho into a back hug.

Don't say anything else. Don't let curiosity get to you. This all for Grandfather. If you ask, don't expect the answer to be good. Eun Joo thought, biting her lip to keep herself from talking. Dong Ho turned around in her grasp to see what was taking her so long to say something, to see that Eun Joo was biting her lips to the point to where her lips were bleeding a little. Scoffing, Dong Ho turned his back to her and pulled himself away from her, walking away.

It was only when Dong Ho had walked 2 meters away from her, when she finally had the courage to ask.

"Do you regret it?" Eun Joo blurted out. She wanted to slap her hand over , but she couldn't. No, she wouldn't. It was a question that had been eating her from the start of their marriage and was about to swallow her whole. Startled by her question, Dong Ho froze up. With his back facing her, he coldly replied.

"What?" Silence filled the air for a moment.

"Marrying me." The words that left surprised him and the words dug deeper into his heart. Slowly unfreezing, he began to walk away, feeling her gaze on his back, giving her no answer. Tiny drops of rain tapped on his shoulder as he walked, telling him spring was coming soon. Also coming, to tell him, his life will never be normal and will be filled with suffering.

He ran underneath a tunnel to keep himself from getting wet as he resumed to walking slowly, thinking about the words Eun Joo had said. He continued walking through the tunnel to who-knows-where. In the tunnel, it felt humid and hot and Dong Ho had found it hard to breathe. He ran. Out of the tunnel, feeling annoyed and frustrated. Desperate to get Eun Joo's words out of his head. He was out of the tunnel before long and was back into the rain, getting drenched and was cold. He stopped to take deep breaths as he thought about the question Eun Joo had asked him.

"I... I don't know." 

Walking into a 24/7 coffee shop, he came out with a caramel coffee with whipped cream on the top, hoping the sweetness of the coffee would help lift the heavy atmosphere around him. Going back into the rain, he covered the hole in the half sphere lid with tissues to avoid water getting into his coffee as he realized he was close to NH Media's building. He went straight for the U-Kiss practice room and stopped as he  reached the door. He debated whether or not he wanted to sit inside or not, since the room was filled with mirrors and he didn't want to see how messy his life had looked as of right now.

He finally decided to walk past the practice room and to another room. He sat down on the floor and leaned against the wall, taking his drenched jacket off and drinking his coffee. It was bitter. Eating some of the cream, he realized that the cream was also just as bitter.

Great, the coffee's as bitter as my life. Even inanimate objects are mocking me, reminding me my life is . Dong Ho thought frustratedly as he leaned against the wall once again. He left the coffee aside and spotted the piano the trainees used when they had their vocal lessons. Sitting on the piano bench, he let his fingers play the familiar song of 0330, thinking about the words Eun Joo had said, over and over again. He stopped playing the piano and started to breathe heavily. Closing his eyes, he tried to get rid of those words. Feeling light headed, he got off the piano bench and leaned against the wall of the trainees' room and took slow breaths.

"I should go home." Dong Ho muttered, getting up and picking up his stuff.

*Eun Joo's Place*

As soon as Dong Ho left, she let hyself slowly sit on the ground, thinking. About his actions and about his answer. 

What was his answer? Tiny drops of rain fell onto her as she ignored them. It was getting colder for her by the minute, but she ignored it. It actually felt comforting. Eun Joo couldn't get why it only rains when something bad happens in movies, dramas, and etc.

You're an idiot, Eun Joo. Have you forgotten the reason why you live? You live to carry off your Grandfather's name with respect. Or fill his name with respect. That's just all. Just once, I'd like to see Grandfather proud of me. Just once, I'd like to make Dong Ho happy. Just once, I'd like to seem them smile. Just once, I wanted to be happy. But does happiness exist for me? In American movies, Korean dramas, Chinese dramas, and even kid shows, the main character always ends up happy. Perhaps... I'm not the main character. I'm just a sidekick in the story. To make another story evolve. 

As Eun Joo sat there, deep in thought for over an hour now, a flyer hit her across the face and stuck to her face. Picking the wet pieces of the flyer off of her face, she sighed, tears started to brim her eyes.

Even garbage can't stand me. They're even hitting me in the face. Is this all my life is worth? Is this really all my life is worth? Is my life really worth less than garbage. I'm falling apart.

Eun Joo thought to herself. She held onto the remains of the drenched and disgusting paper, her grip tightening on the wet blob. Before her tears could slide down her cheeks, it retreated back into her eyes as she forcefully took in a deep breath. Even though she didn't know it yet, determination was building inside of her and the person inside of her, was throwing everything she had endured since the start of the marriage into the trash as he facial expression switched back to neutral.

She got up slowly, taking the first aid kit with her and headed home, slowly and in a poised position, turning back to the neutral person she was. When she got home, she wondered if she should go in or go to Hye Ri's place to sleepover.

Finally, she decided to open the door slowly and quietly, trying not to disturb Dong Ho if he was still asleep. She took off her shoes and put on slippers as she headed to the kitchen to put the first aid kit away before changing her clothes. She noticed the puddles on the staircase, that told her Dong Ho was home. As she put the first aid kit away, she heard a loud crash upstairs. Her eyes widened in surprise as she hurried to the staircase to call up to Dong Ho.

"Dong Ho, are you upstairs?" Eun Joo called as she hurried up the stairs, slipping on the wet stairs. Slipping, she rolled down the stairs and landed back to the first floor of the house, struggling to get back up on her aching legs. She hurried up the stairs once again, holding the railings, slipping almost every other step, scraping her legs.

"Dong Ho, can you hear me? Are you alright?" The person inside of her suddenly flipped the trash can of emotions over and poured them all out onto Eun Joo as she panicked. As she got up the stairs, she saw Dong Ho in their bedroom, lying on his side on the floor, with his body curled up. Her voice cracked as she called him and hurried over to him, sneezing twice before reaching him.

Dong Ho was sweating and closed his eyes in pain as she held his hand, worried. She grabbed his phone that was on the floor with a huge dent when it fell onto the floor along with Dong Ho and his bedside table. She called for an ambulance as she tried to get Dong Ho onto the bed and to uncurl his body just air could move a bit more freely throughout his body. The amulance came quickly and whisked Dong Ho away, taking Eun Joo with them, since her forehead was bleeding a bit and so were her shoulders and her legs.

*Three Hours later*

"Miss, please look at me, so I can see your forehead." A nurse said politely to Eun Joo, who had her eyes glued to Dong Ho who was now sleeping peacefully after getting a check up and a couple of shots to ease his pain before whisking him off to do a quick surgery after calling his parents. He had pleurisy. Eun Joo sat next to Dong Ho, holding his hand as she responded to the nurse.

"I'm fine." Eun Joo insisted as she continued to ignore the nurse. The nurse was forced to give up and attend other patients as she left some rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs so she could do it herself later if she changed her mind. She also left a couple of band aids there for Eun Joo. She held onto Dong Ho's hand as her grip tightened around his hand. She was afraid to let go. Because she let go of her mother... and now she was gone.

After a two more hours of sitting alone, she remembered she had to call his manager. In a rush, she had forgotten to bring her phone, but had brought Dong Ho's phone. As she found his manager's number, she hesitated to call. Instead she decided to text the manager.

I'm in the hospital. I'm not feeling well. Will explain more when you come. -Dong Ho

Eun Joo texted his manager, making it seem like it was Dong Ho who sent the text. It was 5 a.m. and Eun Joo didn't want to let go of Dong Ho's hand yet and stayed there for another 45 minutes, before getting up and leaving. As she left, Dong Ho's fingers started to move slowly as his eyes opened.

*Someone's POV*

"Where is Shin Dong Ho's room?" I asked. The nurse searched for the room number and before giving me the room number, she asked what my relationship was with him. "Co-worker." 

"Room ...." She told us as I rushed up to his room. As I got off the elevator and started to look for his room number, I saw someone familiar.

Eun Joo? I spotted her as she seemed to be dazed, walking back to the elevator. Her forehead had dried blood on it and so did her legs. As she was walking towards the elevator, she bumped into me, snapping out of her thoughts and looking up at me. She seemed to be startled.

"I'm sorry." Eun Joo apologized.

"You're leaving already?" I asked.

"I-I just don't want Dong Ho to see me and get upset again. It'll cause him stress and after what happened... I don't want to upset him any more than I already have." Eun Joo replied, brushing her bangs aside. I took a pack of tissues from my pocket and placed it in her hands.

"If you're leaving, then before you leave wash off the dried blood okay?" I gave her a warm smile.

"Thank you." Eun Joo accepted the tissues and headed into the elevator as I turned away and continued to move towards Dong Ho's room. As I got closer to the room, I could see Dong Ho starting to move a bit in his bed and his eyes slowly open.

*A few minutes later* *Dong Ho's POV*

My eyes slowly opened and I found myself asking countless of questions. I could already figure out where I was. At the hospital and it was probably because of my health condition. As I slowly sat up, I realized that the rest of U-Kiss was here, standing around my bed, except for AJ, who stood in the corner.

"Dong Ho, are you okay?" Soohyun asked, as he touched my forehead. I was tired, but managed to flick his hand off of my forehead.

"I don't have a fever you know." I murmered. Eli laughed.

"Glad to see our maknae remain so rebellious even though he's in no position to scare us." Eli teased, ruffling my hair. They knew. They knew how much I hated having my hair ruffled. Yet, they still did it.

"Don't." I croaked, my throat completely dried. Kevin, Kiseop, and Eli couldn't help it but laugh.

"Dong Ho, do you want me to get you a cup of water?" Hoon was one of the few memberes who was being nice to me. I nodded as he quickly went to look for a water dispenser. 

"Dong Ho, I got some candy for you. To cheer you up. But I left it in the car, since manager hyung dropped us off right in front of the hospital. I'm going to go downstairs for a while and get ir for you." Soohyun smiled at me and left quickly as Eli began to fidget.

"Wait for me Soohyun! I need to go too! I left my phone in the car!" Kiseop called after Soohyun as he did a speed walk to Soohyun.

"Dong Ho, is there a bathroom somewhere around here?" Eli asked, sending me a nervous smile.

"There's one in the hall I think." I replied, shooing him away with my hand as he quickly left. Kevin gave me a smile as he sighed.

"Because of you, I forgot to brush my hair." Kevin complained, sending me a playful smile. "I'm going to the bathroom to fix my hair up. I promise I won't take long!" I rolled my eyes as soon as he said he wasn't going to take long. We were talking about him here. Kevin is like a perfectionist when it camt to his looks. As soon as he left the room, the room was left with an awkward atmosphere. I was alone with AJ, who was standing in the corner. AJ cleared his throat awkwardly as he looked at me.

"Dong Ho," AJ started to say. "You know you're... you're the maknae of the group and such... I just want to say that... I won't take Eun Joo away from you without your permission. And as long as you guys are legally married." AJ said awkwardly.

I sighed as I remembered the uneventful conversation I had with Eun Joo. "Why does it even matter?" I muttered, before speaking up. "I sort of want cake."

"Cake?" AJ asked. He let out a smile. "Well lucky for you, I bought some green tea cakes at a bakery this morning on my way here. It's in the car though."

"Cakes? Isn't that too much?"

"No it's actually pretty small. Maybe the size of your palm." AJ replied. "It's in my car, so I have to go downstairs myself to get it. I'll be quick." As he left the room, my heart felt lighter knowing that our relationship still hasn't gone sour.

*Someone's POV*

I walked out of Dong Ho's room quickly so I could go back and spend more time with him. As I took a few steps out of his room, I bumped into a nurse, who dropped something, making a tiny clinking noise.

"Sorry." I apologized to the nurse who didn't seem to mind. She sent me a tiny smile before bending down to the ground, looking for something.

"What are you looking for?" I asked as I bent down with her, looking for something, anything.

"You're a busy person. Being an idol and all. I shouldn't be troubling you. It's okay, I can manage." The nurse continued to scan the floor, refusing to make anymore eye contact with me.

"Oh, so you know who I am...?" I asked, stopping to smile at her.

"Yes, you're from U-Kiss. You're-," I cut her off.

"Glad to see you know who I am. Since you know who I am, I should know who you are, shouldn't I?" 

"... My name is Min Seo." She hesitated to answer.

"Well, Min Seo, I bumped into you and made you drop it. So can you tell me what exactly you're looking for?" I asked, watching her actions.

"A ring. I believe it was Dong Ho's wife that dropped it. I picked it up and called her, but she didn't respond and left quickly." Min Seo answered. Now that I think about it, I do remember hearing her drop something and then rushing off to catch the elevator that was going to close soon. Min Seo continued to avoid my eye contact with her, as I sensed her nervousness. She continued to pretend she was looking for the ring.

Laughing, she looked up at me and finally made eye contact with me. As a smile spread across my face, she turned away quickly, looking for the ring to avoid further embarrassment.

"Where's the ring?!" She muttered as she she looked around. I spotted a ring underneath a chair and picked it up. It was rather plain and hard to believe that Eun Joo would wear something like it. I held it up.

"Is it this one?" I asked, holding it up in front of her. She nodded and stood up, straightening her uniform.

"Since you know her, I guess you can return it to her yourself." She said turning away. I grabbed her wrist to say a proper goodbye and thank her for Eun Joo, but she was caught in shock and pulled her arm away from me, her bracelet slipping and falling off. In shock, she stood frozen.

"What- are you doing?" She asked in shock as I bent over to pick her bracelet.

"I just wanted to say a proper goodbye and thank you for my friend." I twirled her bracelet in my hands, smiling.

"Give that back!" She protested, flustered. She tried to grab the bracelet from me, but I moved a few steps back and stuffed it in my pocket.

"Min Seo! I need you in room 375. Mr. Kim has some problems with the water bag. And Mrs. Shin has problems with her urine bag in room 346." Another nurse called to her.

"I'll give it back next time. If fate, brings you to me that is." I teased as I turned away. She let a frustrated cry out before hurrying to room 375.

"Oh and thanks for picking the ring up." I smiled at her as she continued to walk away. I looked at the ring wondering if it was really Eun Joo's. I headed back to Dong Ho's room thinking. As I approached his room, I saw him in the bed, holding something small and silver. He stared at it for a few seconds before putting it away, but the few seconds was long enough for me to see what it was. It was a silver ring. A silver ring that resembled the one I held in my hands.

Did Dong Ho get this ring for her? Or did she get this ring for Dong Ho? What is the meaning of this?

And I smirked, putting the ring in a blue pouch and storing it away in my pocket.

 

 

 

*So, another chapter done. That "Someone" is back! Any guesses for who he is? it's a long chapter and that "Someone" keeps appearing! Who is he? Guess, Guess, Guess! Enjoy~*