Chapter 19: Waiting

Arranged Marriage To.....

Eun Joo stood by the restaurant Dong Ho had asked her to wait by. Standing next to the restaurant, Eun Joo realized that she was eight minutes early. Standing straight and focusing on making sure she looked acceptable in her grandfather's POV, she waited patiently for Dong Ho. Her phone began to ring as Dong had become three minutes late.

"Hello?" Eun Joo answered. "It's alright. I undertand." Eun Joo felt her heart flutter when Dong Ho had said he was going to be a bit late. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

AJ was heading home after getting his tires replaced. As he pushed the brakes to stop at a red light, he turned to take a look around his enviroment for a bit to see Eun Joo standing by a restuarant alone. He was curious to why she was standing all alone, but at the sounds of honking cars, he began to start his car and drive home.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dong Ho left the practice room quickly, leaving ten minutes later than he had anticipated. As soon as Dong Ho stepped out of NH Media's building, he called Eun Joo to let her know as he hurried off to find a taxi.  As soon as he got in into the taxi, his phone began to ring. 

"Hye Sung? Why are you calling me for?"

"Do I need a reason to call you?" Hye Sung asked teasingly. "So what's up?"

"Nothing, I was just planning on going to get lunch right now." Dong Ho replied, careful not to mention Eun Joo's name.

"Alone?" Hye Sung asked. "Why don't you have lunch with me? I have a few places I want to go with you." Dong Ho bit his lip, tempted to go, but decided that he should decline.

"But I had lunch plans." 

"But, I have something important to tell you in person." Dong Ho felt his heart drop. This probably meant she wanted to break up with him, which really didn't make sense since they've hardly been dating and if anyone saw them, they'd think they were friends. Dong Ho didn't really consider them as dating yet, but he'd like to. Or the other option of having to get a divorce with Eun Joo, which his mother would probably kill him for.

"Where are you?"

______________________________________________________________________________________________

It was dark now as Eun Joo stood there in the cold with only one thing that had kept her warm. Her jacket. Eun Joo was freezing and was worried about herself. The fact that she had changed so much recently concerned, but her mind couldn't focus on that for long since she was freezing. It was almost eight p.m. and she could no longer keep her posture and her head up. As she stared at the ground, wondering where Dong Ho could be, she breathed out a white puff of warm air.

As she stared at the ground, a pair of sneakers broke her stare.  As she looked up, she felt herself being pulled towards someone or at least a something. Startled, she felt her heart skip a few beats.

"Who are you waiting for?" Eun Joo felt her heart drop, when she heard AJ's voice. She couldn't see him due to the fact that AJ was hugging her. Eun Joo didn't say anything for the fact that was still numb from the cold. "Let me guess. You were waiting for Dong Ho right?" Eun Joo nodded as AJ let go of her slowly, before taking her right hand and holding it using his left, to warm up her hands.

Eun Joo didn't squirm her hand out of his since she was still cold and it warmed her a bit. "I live nearby, why don't we go there first and wait till you're warm enough, then go home?" AJ asked. Eun Joo nodded. At this point anywhere this is INSIDE sounded good to her. AJ was right. Within ten minutes of walking, they had arrived at his building lobby, which was really warm. Once they were both settled at AJ's apartment, AJ served Eun Joo soup.

"My mom comes to visit me sometimes. Luckily for you, she was here about an hour ago so the soup's still warm." AJ said, giving Eun Joo a cup of soup. Eun Joo thanked him before drinking it quickly to get burned. AJ laughed as Eun Joo rushed off to the sink to dab cold water over the burning area as AJ helped. "So... You were waiting for Dong Ho. When I was going home earlier today, I saw you standing there already. How long were you waiting for him?"

"I've been waiting for him since about 12:30." AJ's eyes widened in surprise.

"I'm surprised you haven't been turned into a block of ice yet! It's thirty eight degrees out today and you aren't wearing a lot of layers." AJ said shocked. "Basically, you stayed there and waited outside for him for half a day?" Eun Joo nodded and slowly sipped at the cup of soup.

"Dong Ho... you bastard..." 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Dong Ho yawned loudly, having a few people sitting in the theater seats around him glare at him. Apologizing as quickly and as quietly as possible, he focused his attention back to the screen, uninterested in the movie. Hye Sung on the other hand was completely absorbed. Dong Ho sighed, the important thing that Hye Sung had wanted to tell him was that  the movie she had wanted to watch was released and she wanted someone to watch it with her.

When the movie was over, Dong Ho quickly walked Hye Sung home since he, himself was freezing. When he got home, he noticed that Eun Joo wasn't home. The lights were all off and everything was super quiet. Knowing Eun Joo, he knew she wouldn't be upstairs sleeping already when it was only nine p.m.

Where could she be? Dong Ho thought. Thinking back on the day, he suddenly remembered the fact that he had promised Eun Joo he would meet her at a restaurant. Nah she wouldn't be that stupid to wait for me... would she? After a while of thinking, he could stand thinking about her any longer. She could still be there couldn't she? I mean after all, she isn't normal. She was raised differently.

Dong Ho headed out quickly, running to the restaurant which took him thirty minutes to get there by running. Panting and coming to a stop, he took a brief look around the area. Silently laughing at himself, he leaned against a bicycle rack.

"I should've known. She's different, not stupid."

 

 

*Okay, I'm sorry for the short chapter, but I was too busy to plan out the whole chapter. I didn't get up to the part I hoped to, but I know that next week I will. Actually maybe. I was supposed to add more chemistry, but then I just realized that it would be a little awkward. So next week there will be. Including more drama. XD Enoy~*