What Is He Thinking?

Arranged Marriage To.....

During their last month in Japan, Dong Ho was able to forget about Hye Sung for large bits of time thanks to his busy schedule and Eun Joo. During that month, Eun Joo had also slowly learned to only remember the happier times with her parents. Once they were boarded onto a plane back to South Korea, Dong Ho found himself worrying about Hye Sung. Eun Joo had found herself thinking about AJ. She stole a couple of glances at him, her heart beating faster and faster. Dong Ho let out a slow breath, taking a look at Eun Joo to see her deep in thought.

Is she thinking about her parents again? He followed her gaze and found her looking at AJ, making him flinch in discomfort. He put his headphones over Eun Joo's ear, the same exact song playing from that night they had returned to Japan.

"Hm...?" Eun Joo turned to look at Dong Ho in surprise as Dong Ho turned to look out of the airplane window.

"Don't think about anything okay?" Dong Ho muttered.

"Oh." Eun Joo took a deep breath, forcing AJ out of her mind as she listened to the song, seemingly taking notice of AJ's part over any other U-Kiss member's parts. After a while, she turned to look at Dong Ho,noticing his attitude change recently and also notcing how much he was spacing out.

Dong Ho felt something cover his ears as he felt something warm touching his hands. He turned to Eun Joo, who smiled at him.

"It seems like you need music more than I do." Eun Joo held his hand, giving his hand a squeeze, just like had done for her that night. AJ stopped talking to Hoon and diverted his attention to Eun Joo as she did so. He was sitting a few rows in front and across from them and though he couldn't hear them, he believed what he saw. Eun Joo smiling at Dong Ho and Dong Ho seemingly relaxed and happy around Eun Joo in contrast to how he was back a three months ago maybe. AJ sighed as he felt someone flick his arm, turning back to Hoon.

"Spacing off much?" Hoon teased. "What are you thinking about? Finding another lover besides everyone in U-Kiss?"

"How funny." AJ rolled his eye. "I love U-Kiss and everything, but one day.... I'm bound to love something besides U-Kiss." AJ took a quick glance at Eun Joo and Dong Ho who were talking to each other. Hoon gasped, looking at AJ.

"Whoa, you like someone?! Whooooo?" Hoon cried out loudly, making the rest of U-Kiss and Eun Joo turn their attention to them. AJ noticed that Eun Joo was looking and slapped his hand over Hoon's mouth to prevent him from saying anything more. As AJ was trying to get Hoon to quiet down, Dong Ho turned his attention back to Eun Joo who was back into deep thought.

AJ likes someone? I wonder who he likes. I mean it's good that he likes someone right? Wait... Should I be thinking like this if I like him? Maybe this was what Wiki was talking about when they said when you truly like someone you truly do wish for their best. Eun Joo thought.

Dong Ho quickly diverted his attention by using her camera and taking a picture of her, the flash momentarily blinding Eun Joo. Eun Joo turned to face Dong Ho, a bit confused to what had happened.

"What?" Eun Joo asked. When she realized her camera was with Dong Ho, who sat there nearly laughing, she tried to grab her camera. Dong Ho put it out of her reach and then smiled at her.

"I've seen you so deep in thought before either." Dong Ho . 

"Deep in thought?" Eun Joo asked. "Was I deep in thought?"

"Let's refer back to the picture I took, shall we?" Dong Ho said teasingly. As they looked back into the memory of the camera and Eun Joo saw how she was reacting, she took the camera back and continued to flip through the pictures until she found one that made her smile.

"I like this picture though. What do you think?" Eun Joo handed the camera back to Dong Ho, as Dong Ho continued to go through the pictures.

"Your pictures are a lot better than what they used to be." Dong Ho commented. "They're nice. They're not so shaky anymore."

"That's because I practice every day for two hours." Eun Joo replied, making Dong Ho turn to her in disbelief.

"I have not met anyone yet that has to practice for two hours. Like- what is the logic behind that?" Dong Ho asked. Eun Joo shrugged and gave him a smile as he turned away from disbelief. "I'm tired." He closed his eyes as Eun Joo covered him with her jacket softly and turned her attention back to AJ.

"Tell me who you like." Hoon continued to pester him.

"No. And because I know you're going to ask me another ten million times no." AJ turned his attention away from Hoon and back to Eun Joo.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

They arrived at the airport two hours later at 6 in the morning, Dong Ho unwillingly waking up.They decided to eat some breakfast in the airport, having their hoods on so people won't recognize them. Eun Joo voluntarily offered to get some French Pastries such as baguettes and other things as AJ went with her to get beverages. As Eun Joo was about to pay, AJ stopped her.

"Let me." AJ said, taking his wallet out.

"It's okay." Eun Joo said, her heart beating faster and faster, her hands turning cold and getting a little sweaty. She got her credit card out, ready to pay, but AJ took it from her and used his own to pay. The cashier let out a giggle.

"You guys are so cute together. Fighting over who gets to pay." Looking at Eun Joo she smiled. "Let your boyfriend pay, he seems so sincere." The cashier sent them a wink as she handed them their orders and AJ sent her a tiny smile. Eun Joo took the food and headed off to the table first from embarrassment, taking a seat next to Kevin and Dong Ho, Kevin seemingly happily chatting with Hye Ri who had come to pick "them" up from the airport.

Dong Ho could sense Eun Joo was flustered about something, but before he could say anything, Eun Joo spoke up.

"Where did Hoon go? I have his order right here."

Soohyun shrugged. "I think he went to the bathroom or something." Soohyun commented as Kiseop cracked up at the sight of Eli pecking at his breakfast like a pigeon. The table broke out into a chain of laughter, AJ barely noticing what Eli was doing, intently looking at Eun Joo. Dong Ho knew what AJ was looking at and had immediately felt uncomfortable.

"Eun Joo, let's go get something to drink." He grabbed her wrist as she dropped her bread onto her plate.

"But we have coffee and water." Eun Joo pointed out.

"But airport coffee isn't good and I want something sweet." Dong Ho protested, insisted Eun Joo should go with him immediately. 

Once each and every one of them had finished breakfast and Hoon was back for his extremely long bathroom break, they decided to head back to their own homes.

When Dong Ho and Eun Joo got home, Dong Ho headed up the stairs immediately. Bored since Eun Joo had insisted on unpacking everything herself, even his fan gifts, Dong Ho headed to his bookshelf to grab a book to read. As he reached for a book, he accidentally knocked a large yellowish orange envelope out. Picking it off the floor, he took it to the desk and opened it to see something. As he reread it, he remembered why he had signed it.

Picking up his phone, he dialed Hye Sung's number, getting the same robotic voice over and over again. Frustrated, he threw his phone onto the bed and leaned back in his chair. Hearing a knock on the door, he quickly scrambled to get everything in order and hid the documents inside the envelope underneath the book. Eun Joo opened the door and came in with a drink.

"I made you some hot chocolate. I'm not sure if I remember everything correctly from how you taught me to make it though." She left it on the table as Dong Ho picked it up to try it. As soon as he had carefully taken a sip, he spit it out. "What's wrong?" 

"Did- eck- did you put-... lemon juice in this?" He asked, forcefully swallowing the bit he had left in his mouth.

"Oh, was lemon juice not one of the ingredients?" Eun Joo asked, slightly confused. "I'll just take this downstairs and make another one." Dong Ho took it out of her reach, glaring at her.

"Leave it." He said as his phone suddenly rang. Thinking it was Hye Sung, he dropped the cup of hot chocolate. Eun Joo tried to catch the falling cup as Dong Ho managed to get out of harm's way and picked his phone as the cup touched the floor, breaking into millions of pieces. 

"Hello? Oh Soohyun hyung?" Dong Ho answered his phone looking at Eun Joo. "Sorry." He said to Eun Joo. Eun Joo gave him a tiny smile and then proceeded to pick up the large glass pieces.

"We have to get started on the recording for out new Korean Song for our Spring comeback." Soohyun said as Dong Ho answered.

"Now?" Dong Ho looked at Eun Joo who was cleaning up the mess he had made.

"Just go, I'll be fine." Eun Joo sad giving Dong Ho a smile. She stood up. "Be careful on your way out of this room." As she was about to leave, Dong Ho grabbed her arm. She turned around.

"Did you get burned by the hot chocolate?" Dong Ho asked hurriedly, ignoring the angry cries from Soohyun coming from his phone. Eun Joo looked at her arm, noticing how red it was.

"I guess," she replied. "Forget it, it doesn't even hurt. After a while it'll be okay."

"Soohyun hyung, tell our manager I'm going to go after I do something. Bye." Dong Ho hung up abruptedly. He threw his phone on his bed and then carefully led Eun Joo out of the room.

"I'm fine." Eun Joo insisted. "You know me. I don't even know what pain is. You can just go and I'll take care of myself."

"It's because I know you so well, I know you aren't going to take care of yourself." Dong Ho said. "Even if you can't feel the pain I- it'll still affect you." Dong Ho reached for a paper towel, dabbing her arm with cold water as he mentally punched himself.

What the hell is wrong with you? Were you really thinking about saying 'Even though you can't feel the pain, I can'? Stupid.

He lightly finished dabbing her arm with the towel as Eun Joo turned away, saying thank you. As she walked away, Dong Ho pulled her into a hug.

"Did you really mean it when you said 'thank you', or was it just something you thought you should say since your grandfather expects you to?" Eun Joo could feel her heart beating faster and faster, her face turning hot.

Am I embarrassed or scared of him? Why?

"Both I guess." Eun Joo said, pushing Dong Ho away lightly. 

"You're no fun to play with." Dong Ho said ruffling her black hair playfully. "Get me the vacuum cleaner and the broom. I'll have to vacuum the tiny piece of glass so we don't step on them."

"I'll-"

"Just do as I say. Just go relax or something." Eun Joo reluctantly followed his orders as Dong Ho quickly cleaned up his mess and headed out. Home alone, Eun Joo remembered the mail. She went to get the mail which weighed about one pound in total as she quickly shuffled through them. She came across a peculiar enveope, with no address and just Dong Ho's name on it. It was pink and had caught her attention quickly. Deciding that she shouldn't open it, she headed up the stairs to leave it on the desk, realizing the mess Dong Ho had left on the table. 

Putting the letter on the side of the table, she saw a familiar document. The same one from a few months back. Picking it up, she reread it. Sighing and the feeling she had learned to be guilt crept up her as she put it neatly back into the envelope and tucked it underneath the book, clearing the table and leaving the letter in the middle of the table.

Why is it out again? What is he thinking?

 

 

*Another chapter done. Apparently this chapter would've been A LOT  longer but you guys perferred to have it in two short chapters rather than a long one in which if it was, I would NOT be updating next week. But here it is! And for my Do opposites attract readers, I'm so sorry for not updating, but I've been really into Arranged Marriage to... so sorry >.< But enjoy and please comment! I do appreciate comments and those are what motivates me to write. ^^*