Chapter 16: To Be With Her

Arranged Marriage To.....

*AJ's POV*

I stood right outside the concert hall with Eun Joo and her grandfather who seemed to have forgotten the fact that he had once accused Eun Joo and me for having an affair. He didn't give Eun Joo any words of encouragement. Meanwhile, Kevin kept hanging around Hye Ri, comforting her and encouraging her. Her grandfather cleared his throat and headed into the concert hall. I could tell that even though Eun Joo was standing still and talked to Hye Ri sometimes, she was waiting for Dong Ho. 

"Are you nervous?" I asked Eun Joo. Eun Joo blinked at me in response. I knew she wanted to ask me what I was talking about. I took her hand and held it. "Your hands are cold. You are nervous." I turned her so she was facing me. "You'll do well. Don't get yourself worked up over it."

"Thanks." Eun Joo replied shortly and then seemed to regain her spirit. "I mean, thank you." After waiting for another ten minutes, Dong Ho had arrived.

"Good luck today." Dong Ho said, pulling Eun Joo into a hug. I had almost wanted to fling him off of her, but because he was her husband, it'll be a bad idea if I did. The atmosphere around Eun Joo seemed to be lighter and happier as Hye Ri rushed Eun Joo into the concert hall to get ready.

"What are you doing here?" Dong Ho turned to me and Kevin.

"We're here for the same reason why you're here. I should be asking you that myself." I scoffed. "Since when did you care so much for Eun Joo?"

"Well, she invited me and since I'm known to be her husband, reporters are sure to make a scoop out of us if I don't show up." Dong Ho replied tensing up. Before I could say anything else to him, his phone began to ring. I watched annoyedly as he took his phone out, looking at the caller ID. I wasn't able to see the caller ID, but I saw the picture above the name and it was a picture of Hye Sung.

"Hello?" Dong Ho answered. "Right now? Really? Sure! I'll be right there!" Dong Ho hung up quickly, shoving the bouquet into Kevin's arms. "Kevin, give this to Eun Joo for me okay?" Kevin nodded baffled that Dong Ho had bought flowers for Eun Joo. As Dong Ho was about to leave, I grabbed his wrist.

"Where do you think you're going?" I hissed.

"Somewhere." Dong Ho said, flinging my arm off.

"You can't leave now! Do you know how long Eun Joo has practiced for this competition? Eun Joo would be disappointed if you left now!" 

"Yeah, yeah lover boy." Dong Ho said, clearly annoyed. "Just tell her something important came up."

"And how important is Hye Sung?" I asked angrily.

"Like you would know!" Dong Ho snapped at me. "Leave me and Hye Sung alone." Kevin looked at me confused. Dong Ho left in a rush.

*Narrator's POV*

"I think we did well..." Hye Ri said anxiously. Kevin slung his arm over Hye Ri's shoulder nodding.

"It was good." Kevin said. "Really good."

"Of course the both of you did well." Eun Joo's grandfather said acting snobby.

"Uh... Y-yeah." Hye Ri replied, afraid of Eun Joo's grandfather. AJ nodded as he turned to look at Eun Joo who seemed to be scanning the crowd. 

"Eun Joo-ah." Hye Ri brought Eun Joo back to Earth. "Who are you looking for?"

"I'm-" Eun Joo was cut off by an assistant that was pushing everyone back into the concert hall to find out who the winners are.

"Okay, to start it off, everyone who has participated in this competition has shown the judges amazing music skills here. But of course there are always the few that stand out. So we'll be starting from third place." The head judge announced. "In third, is Jae Sun and Kang Dae!" As the judge began to start on the second place winners, Eun Joo couldn't help it but wonder where Dong Ho could've gone.

"In first... is Eun Joo and Hye Ri!" The head judge annouced. Hye Ri got up and had to bring Eun Joo back to Earth again to go up to the stage to get the trophy. Eun Joo noticed harsh glares coming from the crowd and knew that they were mostly aimed at her. Eun Joo turned her blind eye to it and left the stage with Hye Ri holding the trophy.

"Congrats!" AJ said, once they were outside the concert hall, handing Eun Joo a bouquet of roses. "You worked hard and did well." AJ gave Eun Joo a warm smile as Eun Joo's attention was quickly diverted to Kevin, who handed her a bouquet as well, filled with daisies.

"It's from Dong Ho, he left because he had something important to do." Kevin said, giving Eun Joo a small smile. "The rose in the middle is from me." Kevin looked away sheepishly and then turned to Hye Ri, giving her a giant white teddy bear with a black bow tie and holding a rose. Hye Ri took it happily along with the bouquet of lilies AJ had given her.

"Something important?" Eun Joo asked thoughtfully. 

"Eun Joo-ah, Hye Ri-ah," Kevin said, catching their attention. "Let's go out to celebrate!" Eun Joo's grandfather raised his eyebrows at Eun Joo once Kevin had suggested so.

"It's fine." Eun Joo replied. "Go without me." 

"Eun Joo, be home by ten. If you're not home by ten, I'm calling the cops and then restraining you to your room." Eun Joo's grandfather said, sternly. Eun Joo turned to her grandfather surprised.

"Grandfather, what are-"

"Home by ten. I thought I made myself clear." Eun Joo's grandfather said, before leaving. 

"Ah!" Hye Ri squealed out of excitement. "Yay, Eun Joo can come with us!" Hye Ri looped her arm with Eun Joo's and began to follow Kevin to AJ's car.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"So I guess you're not mad at me anymore are you?" Dong Ho asked Hye Sung. Hye Sung shook her head happily and turned to Dong Ho.

"These paintings are brilliant." Hye Sung said admiring each and every painting she came across. "I wish my paintings could be put in museums like this." She sighed. 

"What's so special about these paintings? Yours are way better than these, which is why they didn't put your here." Hye Sung pushed Dong Ho playfully. "It's getting late, don't you think we should get some dinner?" Hye Sung looked at her watch, checking the time. Sighing again, she nodded.

"I could just spend hours looking at those paintings. I love some of their techniques, but I just can't imitate it or learn it for some reason." Hye Sung continued to talk about art as they walked down the street. "What are we going to eat for dinner tonight?" 

"How about hamburgers?" Dong Ho asked. "I haven't had them in such a long time." Hye Sung nodded as they headed to the closest restaurant that sold hamburgers.

As they ate, Dong Ho couldn't help it, but to talk about all the mistakes and things Eun Joo had done that he had found weird. "I mean who has never had udon before? Or ramen? Everyone has eaten ramen at least once in their life before!" Dong Ho said, shaking his head a bit. Hye Sung put her fork down, cocking her head to the side.

"Eun Joo this, Eun Joo that. Do you ever talk about anything else besides Eun Joo?" Hye Sung asked.

"Well, she's weird. That's why I even bother talking about her." Dong Ho explained as he cut a tiny piece of his hamburger before stabbing it with a fork and eating it. 

"Could it be that you like her?" Hye Sung asked. Dong Ho coughed, nearly spitting his hamburger out.

"Don't tell me..." Dong Ho said, giving Hye Sung a sly smile. "You're jealous of her?" Hye Sung stared at him for a brief moment before turning her head away from him. "You are!" Dong Ho laughed. Since they were sitting at a table meant for four and across from each other, Dong Ho moved to the seat next to Hye Sung and took her hand. "Don't be. I will always love you." Hye Sung pushed his softly away, making him sit across from her.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I'll bring Hye Ri home." Kevin said cheerfully. AJ laughed.

"You're going to walk her home?" AJ asked. "I'm the one who has a car."

"So? There are taxis." Kevin said stubbornly. "And Eun Joo and Hye Ri live far away from each other. It would be inconvenient for you." AJ continued to laugh as Kevin turned his back towards him.

"Just tell me that you want some alone time with her." AJ whispered into Kevin's ear. Kevin blushed.

"I don't. It would be inconvenient for you! I'm doing this for you hyung. Don't go sprouting nonsense." Kevin replied back, as Hye Ri and Eun Joo came out of the restaurant carrying the flowers and the giant bear.

"Whatever you say." AJ smirked as Kevin looped his arm with Hye Ri and said bye to Eun Joo. AJ opened his car door for Eun Joo to get in.

"Thanks." Eun Joo said, as she got into the car, before repeating it. "I mean thank you." 

"Why do you keep doing that?" AJ asked Eun Joo. 

"What? I mean, what am I doing?"

"Correcting yourself. Like turning something as simple as 'what?' to 'what am I doing?'." AJ replied not taking his eyes off the wheel.

"My grandfather believes I shouldn't be talking in such short and simple sentences. He says people find it rude and it's not how a lady should be talking." Eun Joo replied. "I believe that I'm starting to be a little rude these days. Do you think I'm rude?"

"Of course not! It's not rude to speak to someone in short and simple sentences. If you ask me, your grandfather seems to be a little ist." AJ answered. "Women can speak in short sentences too. It's not wrong." No sooner had he said it, the car started to make a popping noise. AJ pulled his car over to the side of the street and got out of the car to take a look.

"My tires are popped. Great." AJ muttered. Eun Joo got out of the car with him and looked at him concerned. 

"Is everything okay?" Eun Joo asked.

"No. The car tires are the right side are popped, by probably some guy who dropped a glass bottle." AJ replied. "Let's go get a taxi and get you home first."

"It's fine. My house isn't that far from here. I can walk." Eun Joo got the flowers out of AJ's car.

"I'll walk you back then. It's not like I can fix it right now at night." AJ offered. Walking silently, AJ took the flowers from Eun Joo holding them for her as they walked to her house. 

"I had fun today." A soft voice said. Eun Joo and AJ looked up to see a woman with a black beanie and a stylish black jacket standing by the apartment building with a guy.

"It was fun for me too. Even though I don't exactly think art is exactly beautiful, because you were there with me, it suddenly was." The guy replied. The guy turned to look at the Eun Joo and AJ, who were standing completely still.

So, to be with her... You left me?

 

 

 

 

*Hey guys ^^. So I recently got my tenth subbie. Yay! Most amount of subbies I've gotten so far on my stories. And just yesterday I got my first vote! Thanks to my loyal subbies~^^ I know this chapter was a little dull, but it's just a starter for the upcoming chapters. Please anticipate more romance ^^ and please check out my new story, which i sadly won't be updating until I get a poster for it. http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/529041/do-opposites-attract-ukissaj Thank you guys again and don't forget to comment! I love comments even if their just there to critize me, since it will help me improve~^^*