Our Ending

Arranged Marriage To.....

Eun Joo

"Are you serious?" Myungsoo questioned as soon as I rushed out of my room, gawking at my outfit. I had stolen one of his white button up shirts (that he usually only wore for "formal" occasions) and I wore a pair of black skinny jeans. My short light brown hair was tied back into a ponytail (to the best of my ability) to keep it from distracting me as I worked today.

"No, are you serious? We're going to be late for work if you don't finish your breakfast now," I answered playfully as I slipped into a pair of black high tops. His face was scrunched up in distaste as he stuffed the last bits of his breakfast into his mouth and stuffed a slice of buttered bread into my mouth.

"Alright, says the lady I waited for. But isn't this really not wedding attire? I kinda expected you in a dress with make up and everything," he points out as he grabs the tripod by the door. I finish tying the laces and grab my black backpack and my camera bag. 

"Well, what do you expect from a woman who's expected to get ready in just twenty minutes?" I answer, finally holding onto the slice of bread. I opened the apartment door and he followed after me, letting the door click shut and play a short tune to reassure us that it was locked. The elevator came quickly and we got on as he huffed in annoyance.

"Damn it. I left my cup of coffee upstairs." I tsked him and shook my head as the elevator came to stop at the lobby. 

 

 

Dong Ho

I hastily looked down at my suit, fixing my black bowtie over and over again. I stared at the wedding invitation given to me by Hoon, who annoyed me to the ends of Earth by refusing to tell me who the bride was. I opened the invitation, trying to make out the bride's name, which Hoon had crossed out with a sharpie and placed multiple stickers over, making it impossible for me to read. I couldn't contact the groom either since he was busy with the wedding preparations and being an idol. All I knew was that her surname was Song and that she was polite and nice (from what Hoon had told me).

I was now entering the church where the wedding would be held. It was going to be a Western themed wedding and the insides of the church reminded me of the place where Eun Joo and I were supposed to take our wedding pictures (which we didn't as I was a spoiled and idiotic brat who didn't know how to appreciate her). I greeted some familiar faces and spoke to a few others briefly to find out who the bride was. No one seemed to be willing to tell me as they all gave me odd looks. I was growing nervous by the moment with my heart hoping it wasn't who I thought it was.

After wandering around by myself for a while, I was able to find out where the bride was staying till the ceremony was officially starting. My footsteps quickened as I grew closer to the back room to where the said bride was supposed to be.

"Don't worry about him."

His breath was hitched as he recognized the groom's voice, AJ. Were they perhaps talking about him? Frozen, he stood by the door wanting to hear the bride's voice and see if the bride was really who he thought it was.

"I'm not worried about him. I'm just- it's been so long already. I just hope everything is okay between us."

He heard it.

It was her.

It was Eun Joo.

He would recognize the voice anywhere. The voice that he had once despised became the voice he missed the most. He missed her, yet she was here- ready to get married to someone else.

"Do you ever miss him?" 

He hated AJ for asking this question, but at the same time he wanted to know. He wanted to know if she missed him like he had missed her. He wanted her to say one word and come back to him.

"I- I guess," Eun Joo stuttered. Hope lingered in his heart for a while before she continued. "I think it's time for me to move on though. It's evident that waiting for him will do nothing for me. He's not happy with me and I- I don't think I could be happy knowing that he's suffering when he's with me. I guess it'll be beneficial to the both of us." He could hear her take a deep breath.

"Eun Joo..." He could hear footsteps moving across the room and he knew- he just knew they were hugging. "Are you sure? That you'll be able to move on?"

"It's been years. I should be able to." 

Was her answer.

"Anyways, it's your special day," she continued. "Let's not ruin it with all this."

"Hey- let's not forget that it's your special day as well," AJ's voice teased. A phone was heard ringing from inside and AJ excused himself. "I'll leave you two alone to talk then."

As soon as AJ had closed the door behind as he left, I pulled him by his collar and dragged him off to a secluded room. He was protesting and confused as I shut the door behind us and glared at him.

"What are you doing, Dong Ho?" He questioned, fixing his suit up. "I expected a warm congrats on my marriage."

"Then why didn't you tell me about your bride?" I asked, glaring at him. My fists were clenched so tight, I was almost afraid of breaking a blood vessel. "Who you were getting married to. Why didn't you tell me that she was getting married to you? Why did you guys get together? Was it after we split?"

"Well, obviously- but I didn't think you'd have a problem with it. Besides, you liked someone else and I was really able to contact you after you left UKISS. You know I'm an idol and you were a college student and a DJ at a club with a whole bunch of hobbies. Our schedules were just kind of- conflicted." AJ shrugged, really treating it as though it was nothing. "Besides, I didn't think I would have to get you involved in my love life anyways." His eyebrows were raised at me.

"But you knew how much she meant to me!" I said through gritted teeth. "After everything we've been through I thought we were completely cool with everything. It seems as though we aren't. Seeing how you purposely invited me to this wedding- why? To torment me? To flaunt your marriage with her in my face? To show that you'll be much better than I ever was to her?"

He as left in utter confusion as he stared at me.

"What are you even talking about? Listen, I didn't think that the two of you were really- that far into the relationship."

"Of course you didn't," I sneered. "Because even though Eun Joo and I were both legally married to each other, you didn't care and still went about flirting with her- of course you wouldn't know if you could something like that."

"Whoa whoa, calm down, Dong Ho." AJ held his hands up defensively. "First of all, I was not flirting with Eun Joo alright. Okay- maybe a little, but I was more so taking care of her. I'll admit that I liked her for a while, but I would also like to point out that the one I'm marrying isn't her. I gave Hoon an invitation to give you, did he not?"

It had suddenly dawned on me that Hoon- was a completely tease and a jerk of a hyung.

"He did but that bastard crossed out the bride's name," I murmured. "I couldn't get into contact with you either. Besides, what do you mean you're not marrying Eun Joo? I heard the both of you guys talking in the back room where the bride was supposed to be."

"Well, isn't this perfect," AJ muttered sarcastically. "It's nothing. Just hear me out and don't get overly defensive again."

 

 

Eun Joo

I touched the soft white fabric of the dress as I hummed. Myungsoo was on the other end of the phone, panicking about his little crisis at a nearby Starbucks to which he had forgotten his wallet at the office and had already taken a sip of his coffee. Telling him I'd be there in ten minutes, I hung up and faced the mirror and smiled at the reflection of her.

"Let me guess, your roommate again?" She questioned, taking my hand and patting it to soothe the stress I was feeling. I nodded and pushed the loose strands of hair from my ponytail away from my face and nodded. Chuckling, she stood up and gave me a hug. "You should get going then. We don't want to leave your poor buddy waiting there too long."

"Alright." I smiled and hugged her back and pulled myself away.

"Oh and thank you for your gift," she said, picking up the wedding gift I had gotten her. "And good luck with the photo shoot today. May you do well and win a spot in the company! You are, after all, a talented photographer."

"Alright, alright. Thank you," I said, allowing myself to laugh. "I'm not that great yet. Sorry, I couldn't stay for long today."

"Well, I wouldn't either if I were you. If I had the chance to get a job at a great company or attend a wedding- I think I'd choose the job over the wedding any day. After all, what use would I be if I had no money to get the lovely bride a gift?" She joked. "Anyhow, hurry along now. I think your boyfriend's close to peeing his pants without you."

"You that's not true- he's not my boyfriend."

"Not yet at least," she teased. A mortified expression crossed my face as she playfully stuck her tongue out at me.

"Song Hye Sung!"

 

 

Dong Ho

"What? You're marrying Hye Sung? That's it?" I gawked at AJ, falling down to my knees in relief and shock.

"What do you mean that's all? Hye Sung's a wonderful woman, you know." AJ said, seemingly offended by my words. I shook my head to clear my mind of all thoughts as I stood up.

"That's not what I mean- I just thought it was Eun Joo and that I'd have to- fight with you for her. I just can't believe- nevermind, Eun Joo was in the back room with you and Hye Sung then?"

"Well duh-." Before AJ could finish his sentence, I had already darted from the room and back to the back room where I opened the door to see Hye Sung startled and by herself.

"Uh," I started awkwardly. "Hey, have you seen Eun Joo?"

"Oh yeah. She just left-."

Without waiting for her to finish her sentence, I darted out the church and onto the busy streets of Seoul. My eyes were immediately attracted to a light brown haired female amongst a mass of black haired people (for some odd reason it was attracted to her and not to anyone else's, not that I was complaining as I soon discovered she was the girl I was looking for).

"Eun Joo!" I cried as she grew farther and farther from me. She was on the next block and had stopped to wait for the lights to switch, while I was waiting for the cars to stop and let me cross the street. "Eun Joo!"

She ducked her head down as she was startled by the loud car honks from angry drivers as they drove in traffic. She reached her hand into her bag and pulled her phone out, answering it. I grew deflated as the crowd began to push me off to the side as I tried to move against them to reach her. Her light changed and she hurried across the street, completely disappearing from my sight.

"Damn it," I muttered as I tried to follow her. 

It was of no use though.

I had lost her once again.

 

 

Eun Joo (Weeks later...)

"Where are you going?" Myungsoo questioned as soon as he saw me getting ready to leave the apartment. Taking a seat by the dining room table with a cup of orange juice, he grabbed a cookie from the plate I had bought earlier.

"Out to take more pictures. Why? Do you need anything?" I ask as I gave myself one look at in the mirror by the door.

"I've been craving spicy rice cakes. Buy me some, please?" I could see him pouting and giving me puppy eyes through the mirror and I bit back a laugh. "Please? You look very pretty today, Eun Joo. I'm not sure why, but you look even prettier today."

"Alright, stop will you? I'll buy it if I see a vendor okay? I'm probably going to be out for a while, so expect it as dinner if I do get it," I say before I grab my camera. He nods and sees me out.

 

 

 

Dong Ho

The park I used to go was eventually opened up by the government again. I had heard they built a fountain and planted an array of colorful flowers. With nothing better to do at three in the afternoon, I grabbed my camera and headed out. As I made my way to the park, I glanced down at my ring from time to time, watching it gleam under the sunlight. With a soft sigh I continued to the park.

Ever since the park was opened up again two weeks ago, it had been all over the news and people have been moving in and out of the park, all snapping pictures in it. Some sat down and enjoyed a nice picnic while others played. I snapped a few pictures of the plants and the people in the park as I walked around. Walking past the spot I had once sat with Eun Joo, I felt a wave of sad memories take over once more.

It was odd how so much could change. There were now so many people here at this park, but Eun Joo. I was with so many other people here, but not her and that made all the difference.

As I was wallowing in self-hatred and pity, I dropped the blue flyer I had picked up earlier regarding a photography contest. Watching it brush across the ground and land at someone else's feet, I looked up to see her.

With the Canon camera in front of her face as she snapped a shot of the scenery, I got a good view of her side profile. The heat of the setting sun beat down on me as I stared at her as she bent let her camera hang off her neck as she reached for the flyer after she'd taken the shot and reached out to give to me, almost retracting her hand as soon as she realized who I was.

Her pink lips parted as she stared back at me, in shock.

 

 

Eun Joo

"What? You're coming out?" 

"Yeah, so we might as well have dinner together at the vendor by our apartment. Sunggyu came over and you know, kind dragged me out. Since I'm already out here, we might as well. Sounds good?" I noticed that Dong Ho was done purchasing some drinks and I nodded and gave Myungsoo a quick reply. Hanging up, Dong Ho took a seat next to me on the park bench.

"So... Who was that?" He questioned, handing me a bottle of water.

"That was my roommate." I answer, opening the bottle of water and drinking it. "Thanks for this by the way."

The air around us was awkward, though no one else in the park seemed to acknowledge it. There were kids screaming in the back and adults chatting not too far off. I wished at that moment, I could be a child as well- just running and screaming.

"So... how have you been these past few years?" The typical drama question- of course. 

"I've been fine," I replied. I think I might just make the cut to be the main actress in sappy romance drama. The viewers would most definitely like this answer. "You?"

"I've been fine too," he hastily replied. Another awkward silence hovered over us. His eyes travelled down to the camera I held on my lap. "You still use my camera?" After a moment, he nervously added, "I mean it's yours, since I gave it to you- but I'm just surprised- you know, nevermind."

"I do," I answer (shyly). "I have other cameras, but I use this when I'm out by myself, for fun."

We ended up talking for a while, awkwardly catching up on each other's lives until Myungsoo called me to tell me to meet up with him at the street vendor. 

"Dinner with your boyfriend?" My heart stopped and a blush crossed my cheeks. I shook my head.

"No, I haven't dated- ever since- us." I answered. I managed to catch the smile that flashed across his face.

"That's good." His eyes widened as he took a few steps back nervously. "I don't mean that it's good that you haven't been dating, I mean it's good that I still have a chance with you- I mean, what am I saying?" After a few deep breaths, he continued. "What I mean to say- I mean ask, is if we could give us- another shot. This few years, have been hard without you- I'm not going to lie. Even though I was a complete douche about our marriage, I did fall in love with you. It's just- I hated how you were so stoic and doll like. You had no will. I wanted you to change, which you did but then you went back because I was with Hye Sung. Things didn't go as I planned and I said some really stupid and mean things that I really do regret- so I just- want you to know that I still love you."

I blinked letting everything seep in.

"You're asking if we can give us another shot?" I ask, trying to clarify everything. He looked a bit breathless from spewing everything out and nodded. "I-." I was interrupted by another call from Myungsoo as he told me to hurry. Cutting everything short, I turned to Dong Ho. "I'll give you a chance. Meet me here tomorrow at nine o' clock pm. Don't be late."

With that, I rushed off to meet Myungsoo.

 

 

Dong Ho

I was absolutely ecstatic that she decided to give us another chance. To be honest, I didn't really expect her to give me another chance so easily and readily. Not that I was complaining, but the words I left her with years ago, were rather harsh (if I do say so myself). So at six o' clock I was already getting dressed to go out and meet her. The park wasn't that far off from the house, but I still got myself ready. My eyelids felt heavy as I had worked a long shift at the club last night.

Yawning, I allowed myself to take a seat on the sofa. I set an alarm, telling to wake up at exactly 8 o'clock, just in case I wasn't able to get myself up after one alarm. It was a mistake.

Letting myself fall asleep.

 

Eun Joo

I had given him a warning.

"Don't be late."

And he didn't pay any heed to it.

So at 9:01 I left.

 

 

Dong Ho

She wasn't there when I got there.

I shouldn't have slept.

It was 9:03.

I'm such a fool.

 

 

Eun Joo

He was persistent. I don't know how, but he managed to find out where I was living.

"You owe me," Myungsoo scowled as he came into my room. I rolled around in my bed and groaned.

"I know I do. I'm so sorry, Myungsoo." His expression softened as he sat on the edge of my bed. 

"You should give him another chance. He isn't that bad you know. I can see he cares for you- especially since he almost hit me when I first answered the door. I mean, I would say he still loves you." I shot Myungsoo a look.

"It doesn't matter. Myungsoo, I got tired of waiting, okay? Why am I always waiting for him? It can't always be like this. It can't be one sided like this." I pulled my blanket over my head and curled up into the ball, signaling for him to leave. "Just make him leave next time."

 

 

Dong Ho

"Has it ever occurred you that she's tired of waiting for you?"

I told Hoon that Myungsoo had told me that.

"I guess she finally started thinking for herself. She got smarter, Dong Ho. She's not the same Eun Joo we knew back then."

That was what Hoon had said.

But I don't want to give up just yet.

 

 

Years later...

"Oh my god, it's so dusty and dirty here!" She complained as wiped the dust off the books in my shelves. Her hair had grown longer and was back to being black. "Tie up my hair for me will you? I don't want any dust getting into my hair. I just washed it this morning before I came over." She handed me a yellow hair tie as I helped her tie her hair.

"Enough with worrying about my room okay? That's not important," I said, pulling her away from my bookshelves as she protested. Tugging her arm and leading her down the hall, I saw her wince.

"Oh great, you're going to show me another dusty room aren't you?" She deadpanned.

"You'll see," I answer with a smile. I push the door open and reveal the room I had saved and preserved all this time- the room I had planned to give her as a gift or a surprise, but didn't get around to doing.

"Oh my god, you-."

"Do you like it?"

"I suppose I do, but why?"

"We're going to get married soon, aren't we?" I ask, pulling her into a kiss. Her brown eyes widened in surprise from the kiss and she pulled away, slapping me on the chest playfully. "Do you remember our first kiss?"

"Oh- you mean the one you gave me when I was sleeping years ago, you creep?" She asked, teasing me. 

"Oh so, I'm a creep?" I ask, faking my shock. With a sneaky smile, I wiggled my eyebrows at her playfully. "This creep is coming after you then!" She darted out of the room and I followed right after, catching her in the kitchen where she grabbed the faucet from the sink and aimed it at me to spray me. I ended up catching her of course.

Pressing my wet body against her dry one, I held her close to me as I smiled.

"I love you, Eun Joo."

 

 

A/N: OMG I ACTUALLY FINISHED THIS STORYYYYYYYY- FINALLYYYYY. LOL as you can see my writing improved (so I would think, through the course of this story). Please please support my other stories as well- especially Remembering you, Sacrificing me. :D I hope you guys enjoyed this story!