Maybe One Day

Arranged Marriage To.....

It was three a.m. when he stumbled up the stairs in his house, all the lights were off. His head was spinning as he tried to make out the bedroom doors and opened his bedroom door and crashed onto his bed, still feeling a bit cheery from the amount of alcohol he had consumed. His fingers lingered in the empty space of the bed next to him as he frowned at the cold and empty space, feeling somewhat odd about it.

The alcohol was messing with his mind and he couldn’t quite remember why he was so upset about the empty space next to him. Dismissing it and continuously giggling as he remembered the randomest of things, he soon fell into deep slumber like that.

 

He woke up with his throat dry and his head pounding. Opening his eyes slowly, the uncomfortable pain in his head caused him to close his eyes again as he pulled his blanket over his body, realizing that he was still in the clothes he wore yesterday, with his shoes still on. Kicking his shoes off and curling up into a ball, he opened his mouth to yawn and then reached his hand over to his bedside table, carefully feeling around the table. When he couldn’t feel a cool glass cup around his bedside table, he groaned.

“Can I get a cup of water?” He called out of his room, his voice cracking a bit from the dryness of his throat. He waited patiently for a response or to hear the sound of footsteps moving to and fro downstairs, but frowned when he heard nothing. “Eun Joo, can I get a cup of water?” He called again and once again, he was responded with silence.

Sitting up on the bed, slightly agitated, he ruffled his hair before slowly standing up, wondering if she was still angry about the conversation they had yesterday.

“Don’t tell me she’s still upset about that.” He mumbled as he slowly took a few steps towards the door, his whole body aching. “Boy, does she bear grudges. Tch, I can do without her help.” Moving slowly down the stairs and into the kitchen, he blinked quickly, trying to get a clearer view of the place as his eyes continued to droop downwards. “Stupid eyes.”

The house was empty as he soon realized when he had gotten his cup of water. It was one p.m., of course Eun Joo would’ve headed out. Perhaps, she wasn’t mad at him at all. He knew that she was the type to think with her heart and probably went out to get groceries. Maybe to make an apology lunch or dinner later, for whatever time she would come back.

As he shuffled back towards the stairs, he spotted a cute decorative box on the table along with the large envelope placed on the table. It was sickingly familiar and he found this strange feeling inching its way towards his throat as he found it hard to swallow.

Placing the cup of water aside and taking a hold of the envelope that was so familiar to him, he let his fingers slowly lift the flap up and pull the files in the envelope out slowly. When the official symbol came into view, his hands began to tremble.

No.

Yanking the paper out of the envelope, he skimmed through the pieces of paper and his eyes landed on the bottom of the paper where both their signatures were. Her signature was there with his and- he was devasted. Throwing the paper aside and running up the stairs and checking every room, including the room he told her to never enter as he wanted to surprise her one day- his vision turned blurry as he rushed back into his room, hoping he might’ve missed her there this morning.

As he blinked back the tears and his vision became clear again, he noticed how the table was void of her belongings and it struck him. He threw open their shared closet and messily threw his clothes aside, looking for any of her belongings. He scourged his room and realized with a heavy heart she had taken everything. In just a few hours- or a day- how much could change. He didn’t want this change.

He was sorry.

Running down the stairs and throwing the front door open, he had his phone in hand as he dialed her number in hopes of being able to contact her. The dial tone greeted him and when there was a click, signaling that she had picked up her stopped in his tracks, wearing mis-matched shoes.

“Eun Joo-,” he gasped, feeling relief wash over him just to be disappointed.

“Dong Ho?” It wasn’t her voice. It wasn’t. Eun Joo had that soft, soothing voice in which, he said he hated but never did. It was beautiful- the things that he wanted to tell her now. Oh the things he wanted to say. “It’s me, Hye Ri. Are you okay?”

“Why do you have her phone?” He hissed, the tears ready to stream down his face.

“I-I don’t know.” Hye Ri blurted out. “Eun Joo stopped by last night and just- I don’t know. She dropped off some things and left.”

And left.

“Where to?” He croaked, his head continuously pounding and his heart aching.

“She never told me.”He hung up. He ran. Like a mad man. All he wanted to do now, was to find her. Find her and say sorry. He hadn’t meant the words he said yesterday. Those were the words he held in his heart the very first moment they lived together, but things had changed. Surely, things had changed.

He ran to the park in hopes of finding her, but to which ended up being a disappointed. He ran about the streets of Seoul, not bothering to stop and remember his image as an idol. How could he when something as unfortunate as this happened? He ran back to Chorim, to which Chorim shook her head and said she knew nothing of Eun Joo’s whereabouts though, she did mention that Eun Joo did stop by earlier that day to drop off her belongings. Eun Joo left after that.

Declining Chorim’s request on staying for a while and calming down, Dong Ho was off running again, hating himself for being so stupid and venting his anger out on Eun Joo at the spur of the moment.

“Dong Ho!” He felt a pair of hands grab him roughly as he stepped onto the streets as the cars pressed on the gas pedal. Pulled back to safety, he was meant with a pair of firm eyes. “What the heck do you think you’re doing?” He barks as he pulls Dong Ho aside. “What’s going on? What’s with all these frantic movements? I heard from Kevin that you spoke to Hye Ri this morning. Is this about Eun Joo?”

“Get away from me!” Dong Ho struggled to break free from his grasp, but since his hyung was the older one and also the stronger one, he held Dong Ho back. “I need to find her! Hyung, please let go of me!” His eyes were all watered down as he tried time and time again to break away from the older’s grasp.

“Shin Dong Ho!” The older barks, trying to grab his attention. “Calm down and explain to me what happened.”

“She left, hyung. She left! I need to find her and catch her before it’s too late!” He cries as he tries to break away.

“Don’t bother.” The older commanded. “Just don’t bother.” Dong Ho stopped struggling and faced his hyung, his head spinning.

“H-hyung, what are you talking about?” He was surprised at the way his hyung spoke. This hyung was always fond of him and Eun Joo. In fact he liked shipping them together- why was he stopping him from finding her?

“Have you ever thought of doing things to benefit her?” His hyung questioned. “Have you ever thought about how she would feel? Have you ever stopped to think about making her happy? Did you even want her to be happy?”

“Shut up!” Dong Ho pushed him away and covered his ears. “Now isn’t the right time to be asking me questions- I need to find Eun Joo right now!” He ran off to the streets when he heard his hyung shouting at him.

“It’s too late, Dong Ho.” Dong Ho fell to his knees in the middle of the streets and the light turned green for the cars. The drivers were frustrated by Dong Ho as he fell in the middle of the streets for what seemed to be- no apparent reason. Dong Ho buried his face in his hands as he cried. The cars moved into a different lane, each passing car honking at him or giving him the finger.

When the light for the cars turned red again, the pedestrians walked past him, whispering as his hyung stood beside him, trying to get him to budge. In less than a day, he lost someone he had just realized, was important to him. Would he ever get to see her again? Would he ever get to say the words that lingered in his heart?

Maybe one day, he decided as he retreated back to his house as a mess.

 

 

A/N: Short chapter, sorry! I just wanted to get an update out. xD It seemed as though their relationship was going well, but things do happen and Eun Joo left for the better :P She'll be in the next chapter, rest assured.