Chapter 9: Pasta

Arranged Marriage To.....

*Dong Ho's POV*

I managed to get our manager to let us leave practice earlier, with the help of AJ. The person who hated me and I hated. But nevertheless, our manager gave into our pleas since we were done promoting our last song. Usually we leave late at night or at around seven or eight, but today, we all left at five. 

Hye Sung and I met up at a coffee shop, since Hye Sung enjoyed the fact that coffee shops were quiet and clean places. Not too mention she loves coffee. However, Hye Sung had come a few minutes late since she stopped by a supermarket to get some fruits for after dinner. Apparently, she's been to China and they usually bring fruits to someone's house to show respect, since it's considered rude to walk into someone's house empty handed. Not that I care or anything since I hadn't been in China for such a long time already.

Once we met up, Hye Sung and I went for a walk around the place since, here in Korea, we both have dinner at about eight and it was only five right now. I'm pretty sure Eun Joo doesn't know about Hye Sung coming over for dinner, but I plan on going home at seven, since well- I guess she starts to cook then. But right now, it was only five thirty. It meant, one hour and thrity minutes of  time with Hye Sung- without unpleasent people, like Eun Joo.

*AJ's POV*

I can't believe we actually got to leave earlier. Well, since Dong Ho had been taking so many days off. But as soon as I left the building, I felt the need to fix myself up a little. After going home and fixing myself up with a shower, I got into my car and drove by Eun Joo's college. I didn't know anything about her college except the fact that it had specialized it art. Art as in music, painting, dancing, and acting. Those kinds of things. I also knew that Eun Joo left school at about five forty five exactly, since I had asked her earlier. I feel  like a stalker..... -_-

But at exactly four forty five, she came walking out of the school with her violin case and her backpack. When I saw her, I called her on my phone.

"Hello, this Eun Joo." She answered. 

"Hey, Eun Joo. What are you doing right now?" I asked, her watching as she stopped in her tracks.

"I am going to go home first to drop off my violin and my backpack. Then I am going to go to the supermarket to get a few things for dinner tonight." She replied.

"Why don't we go to the supermarket together?" I asked. I watched as she stood there thinking.

"I guess we could meet up there." She answered.

"Why would we meet up there when we could meet up here?" I asked, slyly. She looked around to find me, which she couldn't since I was in a car.

"Where are you?" Eun Joo asked, as she continued to look around for me. I rolled down my car window... (not the y window rolling if you know what I mean....) and I waved to her, to catch her attention. She walked to over to my car in, which I unlocked the passenger side. I helped her put her violin in the trunk of the car as she got into the car. When we got to the supermarket, we grabbed a shopping cart.

"What would you like to have for dinner tonight?" Eun Joo asked. "I usually don't know what I should cook, so I usually do American style dinners, since Korean is a little hard for me."

"Hmm... What about pasta?" I suggested, as soon as I saw the tomato sauce on the shelf. She nodded her head.

"I don't know how to make pasta." She replied. "But I know a little about the ingredients." I nod as I push the cart for her as she put the tomato sauce back on the shelf since she wants us to make the sauce from scratch.

As we went to look for the noodle, an ajumma that worked there, who was standing near one of those stands, offered us samples of different types of noodles. As we were trying samples, I realized that Eun Joo was seriously analyzing them by taste.

"I think this one is better." She pointed at the first one as I turned to think thoughtfully.

"But I think that the third one is meant more for pasta." I replied, handing her a sample of the third one. She tried it and nodded her head.

"You're right." She said. "Can you get me a box of this?" The lady gave us a box and waved us off, smiling almost slyly.

"Next are the bell peppers, tomatos, and mushrooms." Eun Joo nodded and gave me a short reply as we headed off to the vegetables section. Another ajumma was there, giving out samples of the Korean Pear and the dried persimmons. we tried some as Eun Joo was intrested in the dried persimmons.

"Dried persimmons are traditional fruit. Many old folk like to eat it. It's also good for your health." The lady said. "You guys look like a good couple together." Eun Joo seemed a bit shocked as I tried to keep cool. 

"We'll take a few persimmons." I cleared my throat. The lady looked at us happily and handed over the a few persimmons.

"The tomatos that came in today look extremely sweet today. The other vegetables are in an okay state." The lady told us, cheerfully. "Anyways, go on and enjoy the rest of your day together." I put the persimmons in the cart as Eun Joo pushed the cart towards the tomatos. 

"Do you think your grandfather would like dried persimmons?" I asked.

"I am sure that he will like them. I've grown up, having it in every fruit tray after every meal." She answered, looking at the dried persimmons. "I know a lot about them, only because my grandfather likes them." As we finished shopping, with a slightly awkward atmosphere, we headed back to her house.

*At Eun Joo's home*

Once we got to her house, Eun Joo washed the vegetables and helped me cut them into tiny bits. As I was in the middle of cooking the noodles, I realized I had forgotten the tomatos. "Eun Joo, can you help me cook the noodles? I need to work on the tomato sauce." 

"Okay." She replied, as she went over to cook the noodles. After a while, she turned to me as I was mashing the tomatos. "AJ, I don't know how to cook it though. And did you add the oil already?" Giving her a tiny smile, I went over to teach her how to cook it.

"You're supposed to hold the pan above the fire a little and then take the spoon and move it around the pan so it doesn't get burnt." I said, helping her hold the pan as I took her other hand, which was holding the spoon to move the noodles around. As I helped, I couldn't help but realize that I was really close to her. I was - almost hugging her. I felt my heart lighten up, just to have it gain weight again.

"Hey, you're going to have to cook an extra portion for dinner. I brought home a friend of mine." Someone said, walking into the kitchen. Eun Joo and I looked to see who it was.

Dong Ho. 

No sooner had he said so, a woman walked in as well. A familiar one, strictly speaking.

Hye Sung... 

 

 

What are you doing here?

 

 

*Yeah, I didn't plan out for this chapter... I'm getting a bit lazy and this chapter is sooooooo long and doesn't get to the point. Sorry guys... >.<  I'll try to make the up coming chapters more interesting. Enjoy*