Chapter 20: A Kiss in Japan

Arranged Marriage To.....

Dong Ho walked home alone in the cold, wondering where Eun Joo could've gone. As he approached their house, he could make out two figures making their way to the house as well. AJ. Eun Joo. Trying not show how surprised he was, he continued walking and yawning.

"Where'd you guys go?" Dong Ho asked casually as AJ glared at him

"Where?! Poor Eun Joo didn't go anywhere today and nearly freezed-" AJ was cut off by a series of tiny sneezes coming from Eun Joo. Concerned, AJ pulled Eun Joo closer to him. "Eun Joo, let's get you home before you get sick again." AJ brushed past Dong Ho and led Eun Joo up the stone steps leading to her house. Coughing a bit to hide the tension from Eun Joo, he followed them up the stone steps, sending glares back at AJ.

"Thank you, AJ." Eun Joo gave AJ the same smile she had during her birthday party. Dong Ho couldn't help it but feel angry as he watched AJ. AJ. 

Ever since you came into U-Kiss, you took most of fans with you. Ever since you came to U-Kiss, no one has ever stopped marvelling at your multiplayerness. Ever since you came to U-Kiss, during interviews you'd usually have the spotlight. Don't you already have everything? Like the Neverland Song, don't you already have the money, fashion, and fame? Why do you still need love? Why are you stealing everything from me? Dong Ho thought angrily, trying not to show his anger. You can't have everything. I won't let you. You like Eun Joo? I'm never letting you get another chance to get closer to her. I'm not letting you have her.

Pushing AJ aside, Dong Ho grabbed Eun Joo's cold hand and pulled her into the house giving AJ a false smile. "Thank you for walking her home. But you should really head back before you get sick yourself. See you tomorrow." Dong Ho closed the door in front of AJ.

"We should've invited him to come in here and sit for a few minutes." Eun Joo said bewildered at what had just happened.

"Nah, tomorrow, we're going to spend the whole day practicing, so I didn't want him to faint from lack of sleep tomorrow." Dong Ho lied, yawning. "I'm tired. I think I should head to bed myself."

"Good night." Eun Joo said as Dong Ho headed up the stairs and into the bedroom, thinking about how he could keep AJ away from Eun Joo. Sure, you got everything you wanted from U-Kiss. But I'm not going to let you get anymore.  Heading to the desk to use the computer, he knocked into some papers. Picking them up and looking at them he remember the Japan Tour he was going to be going on in two weeks. He had an extra ticket considering the fact his mom bought him one for Eun Joo. Picking up the plane ticket with Eun Joo's name on it, he headed down the stairs.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Eun Joo held the sapphire necklace up to admire it. She felt her heart beat faster as she thought of AJ.  I'm not scared of AJ am I? Letting her head rest on the palm of her hand, she continued to look at the necklace. The thought of AJ helping her put the necklace made her heart beat even faster. Getting up quickly to get a drink of water, she put the necklace away quickly and then hurried to the kitchen. 

"Hey." Eun Joo put down the cup of water she was drinking to focus on Dong Ho.

"What do you need?" 

"Here." Dong Ho stuffed the plane ticket to Japan in her hands as she stared at it in surprise. Before she could ask him any questions, he explained it quickly. "U-Kiss and I are going to be going to Japan and record Japanese music videos and songs. It's going to take at least two months and my mom doesn't want me to leave you behind or I can't go. So you'd better go."

"But what about-"

"School? Well, you're in college already. Just treat this as a vacation. I'm not going to give you the choice right now. You're going." Dong Ho said quickly. He had lied about parts of it. His mom didn't say he had to go with Eun Joo or he couldn't go, but to try and persuade her into going. "It's in a week, so do whatever you have to do in Korea this week." Turning around and heading up the stairs leaving Eun Joo speechless, he couldn't help it but feel nervous. Maybe it was the lying. Ignoring it, he headed to bed.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Eun Joo!" Hye Ri ran over to Eun Joo to give her a hug. Eun Joo was surprised to see Hye Ri at the airport with her luggage.

"Hye Ri, what are you doing her?" Eun Joo asked. Hye Ri smiled.

"I entered a music competition and won a free trip to Japan for a month. The sad part is that I'll be only staying with you for a month in Japan." Hye Ri said. Kevin snuck up behind Hye Ri before whispering something in her ear and making Hye Ri jump and squel in surprise.

"Scaredy cat." Kevin stuck his tongue out at Hye Ri, as Hye Ri scrunched up her face.

"I wondered who's going to be scared when they see me coming at them with a knife. Oh wait, it's you." Hye Ri left her luggage by Eun Joo and went to chase Kevin  while she was swinging her umbrella.Breaking a tiny smile when she saw them both running around the airport, she felt something being placed on top of her head. Turning to look at who it was, AJ smiled.

"Hmm... You're not wearing the necklace I gave you on your birthday.  How Disappointing." AJ left his hat on top of Eun Joo's head, as she reached for it.

"I have it right here." Eun Joo said, taking out the box which contained it. AJ smiled at Eun Joo as she was being pulled away by Hoon.

"Your friend and that idiot of an idol Kevin got in trouble. Can you go and help them?" Hoon asked Eun Joo. Eun Joo nodded as her eyes widened seeing them next to a furious security guard.  Hye Ri and Kevin had their heads down in shame as Eun Joo helped them out. Shortly after, they boarded the plane.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"There's so many restuarants here!" Hye Ri exclaimed excitedly. "Eun Joo, let's get lunch together tomorrow!"

"She can't." Dong Ho piped up. "She's having lunch with me."

"I am?" Eun Joo asked.

"Well, I didn't have the chance to eat lunch with you last week, so to make it up I'll eat lunch with you tomorrow. We're not officially shooting anything until next week." Dong Ho explained, Eli and Kiseop, pestering him about bringing them to lunch too. AJ stayed silent, walking next to Soohyun, who was practicing his japanese.

"Oh." Eun Joo said as Hye Ri pulled her into the hotel lobby excitedly. 

As soon as Eun Joo was settled in her hotel room, the one she shared with Hye Ri, she found herself thinking about tomorrow's lunch. Dong Ho will actually be there tomorrow. Eun Joo thought. The day went by quickly as Eun Joo went to bed early. Falling asleep was the hard part. She was starting to understand the phrase, "There are butterflies in my stomach."

Eun Joo arrived at the restuarant for Dong Ho eagerly. She was right on time.  Dong Ho was still at the hotel, looking for the watch Hye Sung had given him.

"I'm pretty sure I brought it to Japan." Dong Ho told Hoon. 

"Well you'd better hurry and find it since it's  1 minute after you were supposed to meet up with Eun Joo." Hoon said. "I need to go. AJ, Eli, Soohyun, and I are heading somewhere for lunch. See you later." Hoon left the hotel room as Dong Ho continued to try and find his watch. Bumping into a table, he heard something break. Looking for the source of the sound, he saw his watch.

"Not my watch!" Dong Ho cried out in despair. His watch was surrounded by tiny glass pieces and was dented. The tiny glass pieces had come from the face of his watch. ", this is very special to me." Dong Ho quickly cleaned up the glass shards and left the hotel trying to find someone to fix his watch.

Meanwhile Eun Joo stood there patiently, waiting for Dong Ho who was now, 20 minutes late. Hoon ran past her in a rush to catch up with Soohyun who was already at the restuarant. Seeing Eun Joo, he turned around to talk to her.

"Hey Eun Joo! Waiting for Dong Ho?" Hoon asked, panting. 

"Yes. Do you know where he is?" Eun Joo asked, patiently.

"He was still in the hotel when I left. He was looking for his watch." Hoon panted. "I have to go. See you later!" Hoon took off running before Eun Joo could say goodbye. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Japan has too many good things." Eli said, happy from all the good food and the fun places they'd gone. Entering Soohyun and AJ's hotel room, they flopped down on either the sofa or the bed. Hearing a knock on their door, Hoon opened the door to see Hye Ri.

"Hey, guys have you see Eun Joo? I called her so many times before and she didn't pick up her phone." Hye Ri said concerned. 

"Oh, I saw her waiting for Dong Ho earlier today. I doubt she'd still be there though." Hoon replied. Hye Ri sighed defeated. AJ sat up on his bed staring at Hoon.

"What?" AJ asked, having Hoon repeat it again. Once Hoon did, Hoon questioned AJ. 

"Why are you so concerned?"

"You won't get it. Last time Eun Joo waited for Dong Ho for half a day, until I came by." AJ said quickly. "I should go check." AJ ran out, bumping into Hoon and making Hoon fall on the floor.

"Thanks!" Hoon called after him sarcastically. Hoon got up and dusted himself off as he headed back to his hotel room to take a shower. When Hoon opened the door he was surpsied to see Dong Ho. Dong Ho was sitting on his bed, anxiously polishing his broken watch which wasn't moving anymore. 

"Did you go and eat lunch with Eun Joo today?" Hoon asked Dong Ho casually. Dong Ho looked up at him. 

"Crap, I forgot." Dong Ho became panicked. "Oh well, it's not like she's still there waiting for me. The last time I forgot about it, she didn't wait for me." Dong Ho put his watch aside, tired from the fact he had not gotten it fixed yet.

"I know right. When Hye Ri asked us if we knew where Eun Joo was five minutes ago, AJ was sprputing some nonsense saying that the last time you ditched her, she waited for you for half a day until he came by. Apparent, Eli also says that AJ told him about it too and that she was freezing." Hoon said chuckling at AJ's possible "fake" story. " Apparently, he invited Eun Joo to his house for a few minutes so she could get warmed up. Any normal human being wouldn't wait that long." Now it was Dong Ho's turn to sit up on the bed. 

"What?! Half a day?" Hoon nodded as Dong Ho thought about something. She's different. She's not normal. So... basically, saying... the story is true? I mean I went to look for her, but AJ had come a step before me and taken her someplace to warm up and then walked her home after that, when I was walking home... Which would explain how we bumped into each other. Dong Ho pushed past Hoon, causing Hoon to fall again, leaving Hoon.

"What day is it today?! Hurt Hoon day?!" Hoon called after Dong Ho. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AJ came to a stop when he saw Eun Joo leaning against a wall of the restuarant, standing outside, waiting for Dong Ho. Taking slow steps towards her, Eun Joo looked up at him.

"AJ..." Eun Joo muttered, feeling cold. AJ took off his jacket and let the cold air hit him as he placed it around freezing Eun Joo. 

"Why do you bother waiting for him? Why do you torture yourself?" AJ asked angrily. Eun Joo was surprised. 

"I trust Dong Ho. I believe he will come." Eun Joo answered slowly.

"You trust him? Believe in him? This is the second time he's done this to you." AJ was furious. "If he doesn't know how to treat you well, I do. For you, I'd do anything. I don't know if you know this..."

AJ's voice grew softer. "But I love you." 

And

he pulled her into a kiss.

 

 

 

*Are you guys surprised? ^^ Anyways, this is a long chapter to make up to all the crappy short ones I had given you guys. Sorry >.< But enjoy! I got another poster from LulluExotic! Amazing one too! So if any of you need a poster go to the Paradise Graphics shop! :D*