Chapter 15: The Ticket

Arranged Marriage To.....

*Eun Joo's POV*

I woke up to see Dong Ho sleeping soundly in front of me. Ever since I had gotten the cold, we have been sleeping on the same bed like a 'married couple' should. I turned to my other side gently, to get out of bed. I held onto my breath since I was worried that even the sound of my breathing would wake him. I sat on the edge of them bed and started to breath slowly. I stood up slowly, just to be pulled back down onto the bed. 

I've forgotten to mention that I'm too scared to make any noise because of this. Ever since I've started to share a bed with him, I've had to wake up five minutes earlier. So now, I wake up at 4:45 a.m. since it takes him five minutes to let go of me.  Dong Ho likes to move around in his sleep and also talk. Even though it does it to me nearly every morning now, my heart still jumps when he pulls me back down. I've done a bit of research and it means that I'm scared or anxious. Every time I try to get out of bed, he pulls me back down and also murmurs the same things. 

"Let's sleep like this for five more minutes." Dong Ho would always mumble it in his sleep. I don't think he ever remembers what he's done in his sleep since, when he wakes up, it's like it had never even happened. I usually wait until his body is still again and I know he's sleeping, but today, with his arms around me, like a sleeping child with a teddy bear, my face gets hot fast and I fight my way out of him arms, causing him to stir a bit. I could tell that I was a breathing a lot faster than I normally do.

After I had made Dong Ho his breakfast, I headed out quietly. For some reason today, I could tell that I was completely alone today, which meant my grandfather didn't have his bodyguards watching me as usual. Because of that, I decide to head to the park, to catch up on some sleep. When I got to the park, I could see someone sitting on the park bench I usually sit on. As I approached the park bench, I recognized the 'someone' who sat on the bench.

"Eun Joo!" AJ stood up quickly and headed towards me.

*Narrator's POV*

AJ wanted to run up to Eun Joo and hug her, but was afraid that he might get her in even more trouble.

"AJ, what are you doing here so early?" Eun Joo asked. Usually, she would be the first one then, resting until he came by at six thirty, for his morning jog.

"I was worried about you. I'm so sorry that because of me, you got in trouble with your grandfather." AJ said apologetically. "I wanted to apologize to you. I was really worried about you since you didn't come to the park for a while."

"Oh, I'm fine." Eun Joo replied. "My grandfather was just a little angry and he really didn't do anything to punish me." Eun Joo wanted to bite her lip from embarrassment, since she knew that her grandfather would absolutely hate the fact that she had used a word meant for hesitation, in which her grandfather would've lectured her about. 'Oh', she would be definitely lectured.

"I wish I could do something to make it up to you. Your grandfather seems like the strict type. You must've gotten some sort of harsh punishment." AJ looked down at the ground. "The U-Kiss members want to hang out with you. They said they haven't seen you in such a long time and want to thank you for all the lunch boxes you've made us."

"I'm going to be busy for the next few days. My grandfather wants me to practice the violin as much as I can for the competition." Eun Joo said. Honestly, she didn't want to touch the violin anymore. She didn't even want to see another violin for the next month.

"Do you think we could do a little meet up when you get off from school?" AJ asked.

"I'm going over to a friend's home today after school. I'm doing a duet with Hye Ri in the competition." Eun Joo replied. Eun Joo and AJ stood there, talking for a little bit more.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Four p.m.*

"Hm? Who are they?" Hye Ri asked as six U-Kiss members piled into her apartment. 

"Friends of mine. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, but they had insisted on coming here with me." Eun Joo replied, feeling a bit embarrassed since she really didn't expect them to pick her up and follow her up here.

"It's fine." Hye Ri gave each of them a smile. "I'll go get some refreshments. Are you guys okay with soda? I know Eun Joo prefers water over any other drink." Once they had gotten all settled in Hye Ri's apartment, Eun Joo and Hye Ri started to practice the duet. The six U-Kiss members giggled and poked each other as they sat in the living room childishly screaming back and forth. Every now and then, AJ would turn to look at Eun Joo, who was in Hye Ri's music room playing the violin.

"I'm bored." Kevin announced after poking at Soohyun and screaming back and forth to Kiseop. "They've been practicing for two hours already. I'm going to check up on them."

"Kevin, stop causing trouble and sit your down. We're lucky Hye Ri didn't kick us out yet for creating such a ruckus out here." Hoon said, trying to stop Kevin.

"But why does AJ get to check up on them?" Kevin said, using his agyeo. Eli laughed at Kevin's agyeo.

"Cause he's not going to annoy them!" Soohyun hissed. "Now sit."

"I'm not going to annoy them. They love me." Kevin said, childishly. He slipped into the music room ignoring everything Soohyun and Hoon had said. AJ snickered and shook his head. Once Kevin had slipped into the room, Eun Joo and Hye Ri had just finished playing the whole piece and before they started to practice it again, Kevin took a seat next to Hye Ri on the piano bench.

"You play the piano?" Kevin said, his voice still dripping with agyeo. Hye Ri nodded. "Cool~. I want to learn how to play the piano. Can you teach me?" Hye Ri let a laugh slip from her lips.

"Sure, but Eun Joo and I are practicing for the competition right now. I'll teach you later." Kevin pouted and then nodded, staying on the bench next to Hye Ri. Eun Joo smiled at Kevin.

"It's fine. I think that we've practiced enough of our duet for today." Eun Joo said. "We can practice some more tomorrow." Eun Joo put her violin away quickly, glad to be done with practice for the day.

"I'm hungry actually." Kevin blurted. "Let's eat dinner first.~" Kevin dragged Hye Ri out of the music room cheerfully.

"We can order take out." Hye Ri said. 

"The food has too many artificial flavorings." AJ and Eun Joo said at the same time, causing Eli and Kiseop to go crazy with laughter.

"AJ, when did you start caring? You're spending too much time with Eun Joo, it's like-..." Kiseop stopped to think. 

"You two are dating!" Eli finished for Kiseop, laughing.

"Now that I think about it, you guys are in sync. It's like you guys really are dating! If I didn't know, I would've thought that AJ and Eun Joo are dating." Soohyun commented, making it even worse. "Where's Dong Ho anyways?"

"He said he has something to do today." Hoon answered. Kevin stood by Hye Ri poking at her and laughing.

Eun Joo turned her head from embarrassment, suddenly remember what the ajumma in the supermarket had said. AJ really was a nice guy. But Dong Ho... something tells Eun Joo that Dong Ho can be a nice guy too.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why have you been avoiding me?" 

"I wasn't. My phone was broken." Hye Sung replied stubbornly. 

"Was it something I did?" Dong Ho asked. "Why are you treating me like this?"

"I'm just tired. I'm frustrated and stressed out about my job." Hye Sung muttered. 

"But it seems like you're avoiding me. When I text you and tell you that I'm waiting for you by your apartment, you don't come back until late at night." Dong Ho said worriedly.

"Just worry about Eun Joo would you!" Hye Sung snapped. Dong Ho sighed and stared at the kimchi soup he had made for Hye Sung. Sitting in her dining room and having dinner with her, he could sense something was off with her.

"Hye Sung, listen. Eun Joo got in trouble because of me and her grandfather went crazy on her, throwing things around our house." Dong Ho explained. Hye Sung shook her head in frustration or fake frustration.

"Whatever." Her voice softened. "Let's not talk about it. I like the kimchi soup. Where did you learn how to make it?"

"If I told you where, you probably wouldn't like it." Dong Ho replied nervously.

"Oh well." Hye Sung could guess it already. It was from Eun Joo. "At least you learned to cook this for me. Though it's too spicy."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Where were you?!" Dong Ho asked, Eun Joo as she stepped into the house.

"I was at Hye Ri's house. Why? Do you need something?" Eun Joo asked bewildered. 

"You could've at least said something." Dong Ho murmured. 

"I thought your friends might've told you something. They were with me." Eun Joo replied. 

"AJ hyung was with you?!" Dong Ho asked surprised. "They told me they were going somewhere, but they didn't me where."

"Kevin, Eli, Hoon, Soohyun, and Hoon was there too." Eun Joo reached into her jacket pocket and pulled out some tickets for the competiton she was entering. "Dong Ho-ah," Eun Joo stopped to think. Before she was able to give him a ticket, she held back. 

"What?" She looked up at Dong Ho and gave him a smile. 

"Nevermind." Before Eun Joo could put it back in her pocket, Dong Ho grabbed a ticket from her.

"What's this?" Dong Ho read the small korean letters. "This is for the competition you entered." Dong Ho was surprised. 

"Yes, the competition is on the day after tomorrow." Eun Joo said hesitantly. "But I doubt you'd want to go since you're a busy person and you're not fond of classical music. Besides, I know that you having married someone like me is embarrassing and it would be a waste of your time. Nevermind." Eun Joo took the ticket back from Dong Ho, shaking a bit.

"What are you doing?" Dong Ho took the ticket back annoyed. "I never said anything about being busy and that it would be a waste of my time. I'll be there." Dong Ho put the ticket in his pocket and turned his attention to Eun Joo. "You're shaking. Are you sick again?"

As Dong Ho got closer to Eun Joo, Eun Joo could tell that she was breathing a lot faster than usual again and she could hear a sound that no other could hear.

Her heartbeat...

 

 

*Hye Ri is back after a few chapters. ^^ Yay! Dong Ho and Hye Sung's relationship is sort of going sour :/ I don't know what to do anymore >.< Cheesy, but I'm tired now. AJ and Eun Joo are continously getting closer as well. Another yay! Enjoy~ (especially Ukissgirllovesdongho)*