Neutral

Arranged Marriage To.....

*Eun Joo's POV*

I sat at home, just sitting. I was staring off into space, when I took the pack of tissues he had given me a few hours ago. Words echoing through my mind, stabbing my heart.

I don't deserve the care and love of other people. I thought, feeling my heart get heavier. Especially since I can't love them or give them anything back.

I was still in my rain drenched clothes, that was a bit dry, but not completely. It felt disgusting to stay in these clothes for any longer. I got into the shower to wash myself as I felt pain on my forehead, shoulder, and legs that each had cuts from the staircase. It stung me and tears threatened to leave my eyes and mingle with the tap water. I closed my eyes and breathed in and out slowly, in attempt to calm my nerves and collect myself as the tears retreated back into my eyes. I turned the hot water off completely, letting myself stand in the shower with cold water raining down on me.

The cold water didn't make me shiver. Nor did it make me jump. Instead, I felt my muscles relax as I took my time in the shower. It felt good to feel the cold water on my bare skin, causing me to freeze all over. It calmed me and reminded me of the one thing I did when I was nine. The one thing I did for a week alone without anyone's knowledge. That period in which my grandfather wanted to send me to the mental hospital. Where he'd thought I've gone completely insane, while I was only in denial.

I turned the shower off as I felt my body completely relax. As soon as I stepped out of the shower, I could hear my phone ringing. I hurried out of the bathroom, enjoying the cool air as I rushed to get my phone. It was my grandfather.

Answering my phone, my grandfather began to interrogate me. "Where are you right now? Is Dong Ho really in the hospital? What happened? Did you hurt him? Did you get hurt too? You understand that you have a violin competition coming up right? If you break an arm, my reputation as well as yours will be ruined. Do you understand?" My life was worth nothing. Truly. My grandfather had only bothered to sincerely ask about Dong Ho and yet not me. His mind was only focused on Dong Ho and my upcoming violin competition.

"I'm at home right now. Dong Ho wasn't feeling well, so I called the ambulance to bring him to the hospital. He has pleurisy, so when he acted up, he had to go to the hospital. I was not involved in hurting him. I slipped on the stairs and I'm a little sore here and there, but otherwise I'm fine. I have no broken bones of course. Thank you for asking. I do understand I have a violin competition coming up and I will do nothing but the best, grandfather." I answered all in one go, with deep understanding that if I had left one question unanswered, I would be interrogated further more.

"You're so stupid. You're too young to have weak legs and to be falling down the stairs. I'll be coming over to visit you then." With that, my grandfather hung up on me, leaving me to get dressed. I changed into a light pink dress from Loft, that was sleeveless and put on my mother's silver necklace with a tiny single diamong hanging from it. I fixed my hair and prepared herbal and traditional tea for my grandfather, as well as preparing a fruit platter for him.

As I added finishing touches, I realized that the cuts on my legs would be exposed and quickly pulled on dark stockings to hide them as my grandfather rang the doorbell. Opening the door, my grandfather came in with a neutral expression, sighing. He sat on the sofa as I stood next to him, greeting him like how he had taught me.

"I'll go get the drinks, please wait one moment." I hurried into the kitchen and brought out the warm tea and set it down in front of him. I left to get the fruit platter once again and then returned, setting it down on the coffee table next to his tea.

"It's been a while since you've last to return to school hasn't it?" My grandfather questioned. I stiffened and sat up straighter.

"A few months now." I answered calmly. I knew he was going to lecture me regardless of how I answered.

"Why haven't you gone to school? I can understand that you haven't gone for three months considering that you went to Japan with Dong Ho. But you haven't gone to school for the past month. Why?" My grandfather took a sip from his cup of tea, looking at me.

"I just wanted to take a little more time before returning to school. My mind has been a mess when I returned from Japan." I answered honestly, forgetting about the main reason to why I haven't returned to school. My eye contact never left my grandfather as he gave me one of his usual sighs of disappointment.

In a blink of an eye, tea drenched me. My hair had bits of tea leaves stuck onto it as the tea trickled down my face and onto my arms, leaving red marks on my skin. I don't know why, but I somehow didn't feel shocked. 

"Pick yourself up. You have a reputation as my granddaughter. If anything bad happens to you, it'll affect my reputation as well." Grandfather threw the glass cup on the floor as if I didn't have enough with the breaking of cups in this house in these past two days. He got up and headed out the door as I calmly followed him and locked the door after he left.

As I cleaned, I sudden;y felt as if I was out of breath. I felt like I was choking. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't breathe. I hurried into the kitchen and drank a cup of water. Once I drank it, I felt as if I could breathe again. I closed my eyes, relaxing myself the best I could. I felt light headed after survivng a few minutes without air and as I put the rag I held into the sink and gripped the couter firmly. My head was hurting as the last thing I remembered was my grandfather.

*Dong Ho's Pov*

I sat on the hospital bed, listening to my manager finish telling me my schedule for the next month.

"You're going to be released from the hospital on the 20th of March, when you really should be released earlier, but the extra days will give you time to rest before working again. You'll go on a couple interviews with them and do a few more song promotions before we head back to Japan and release a new single." He explained as I nodded my head, feeling tired already. "We'll have to fim a music video there as well, so you evidently cannot let your Japanese slip up during the promotions. Use this time in the hospital to continue studying Japanese. Okay? Try not to eat too much too. CEO's order?"

"Okayyy." I rolled my eyes. As my manager began to tell me about how I should respond to the interviewers about my health condition, my heart dropped and something felt wrong.

"Don't tell them any more than they need to know okay? We don't need more attention now." My manager turned to look at me in concern as soon as he saw how dazed I was. "Dong Ho, are you okay?"

I snapped out of the trance, but couldn't shake the feeling off of me. I wanted to go home and check up on something, but I couldn't. I didn't know what. What I wanted to do at home, but yet I couldn't shake the feeling off of me.

"I- I'm fine." I lied, thinking. "Can you get me my Japanese textbook at home? I need it to study for the upcoming Japanese promotion."

"Hmmm?" My manager looked at me. "I don't know. You might have to wait until night falls because right now, I have to pick the rest of them home and bring two of them to the Afterschool Club show. After that, I have to pick up the rest of the members to go for a concert and then a fan signing." 

"Well, can you ask one of the others to help me get it then?" I asked, unable to shake the feeling of something bad happening.

"Fine. Get lots of rest for now, okay?" I nodded as he left, closing my eyes feeling worried.

*Someone's Pov*

"What is Dong Ho up to this time? Last time he said he'd take this opportunity to rest, but now he's making me go to his house and get his textbook? During a break too?!" I muttered as I fumbled with his house keys. I had rang the doorbell to his house a couple minutes straight, but no one had answered. Moreover, it was a weekday. The chances of Eun Joo at home was almost a 0 anyhow.

"I could be taking a nap or taking a nice bath, but no!" I continued to mutter to myself. The sunshine went through the windows nicely and shone across the living room as I entered, taking my shoes off. I went up the stairs, where I could see someone on the floor in the kitchen, moving a bit and trying to sit up. A bit scared, I grabbed an umbrella by the front door and cautiously walked over to the kitchen. I was an idol and if anything happened to me, I would be the one suffering a greater loss.

As I got closer, I recognized that it was Eun Joo by her wavy long black hair and hurried to help. I threw the umbrella aside to make sure I didn't scare her into thinking I was going to hit her.

"Are you okay?" I asked, helping her up. She swayed on her feet and breathed heavily.

"What are you doing in here?" She asked, nearly falling over.

"More importantly, what happened and are you okay?" I put an arm around her and allowed her to lean on my chest.

"I'm fine." Eun Joo dizzily pushed me away, trying to stand up straight. She leaned on the counter for support as I watched her. "Do you need anything?" Eun Joo asked, her voice wavering as she spoke.

"Dong Ho told me to come here to get his Japanese textbook." I replied blankly, a million things running through my head. "You should go to the doctor's to see if you're really okay."

"I'll manage." Eun Joo answered. "I think it's just a slight cold."

"It could turn out to be something worse. You're no doctor." I advised her as I touched her black hair to get what resembled a tea leaf out of her hair. "You have so many people in your life that love you. If anything bad happens to you, they'll be upset."

"I'm just a burden. An obstacle in life. I have the ability to block any happiness from going to people I'm associated with." Eun Joo turned her back towards me. "It would be better if I was gone." Eun Joo replied swaying as she turned to look around at me.

"Eun Joo..." I wanted to console her. It seemed as if my plan would never end. "You're important to everyone! You're no burden!"

"I'm going to get some rest, you should go." Eun Joo slowly made her way to the stairs leaning on some objects for support. I went over to take her arm and help her up the stairs as she hesitated a bit before allowing me to help her up the stairs. Once we got up the stairs, Eun Joo sat at the edge of the bed, touching her forehead. I backed away, bumping into the closet door, causing something hanging on it to drop.

Eun Joo noticed my clumsiness and picked the jacket up, fumbling with it, trying to fold it. But since she was dizzy, she was unable to fold it properly. I took it from her hands and folded it for her, taking my time with it. Eun Joo watched me fold it, in which I could tell that for most part, she was dazed from the pain in her head. I left the jacket on top of the clean desk as she snapped back to Earth.

"You came to get Dong Ho's Japanese textbook right?"

"Yes." I answered as she got up slowly and headed to the book case, looking through it.

"I can't find it. I'm sure the last time I saw it, it was right next to his English and Chinese textbooks." Eun Joo said as she bent down looking for it.

As she continued to look for it, I could tell she was getting dizzier. "It's okay. Dong Ho can study using his phone and the internet. I'll just give him a call and say sorry and that I couldn't find it."

"Saying sorry doesn't change anything." I heard Eun Joo say. My ears perk up at those words.

Aren't those words.... Dong Ho's? What the hell has Dong Ho been telling her?

"Sometimes, if you're sincere enough with your sorry, it does make a difference." I answer, getting ready to leave. "Little things can make big differences. Don't hold Dong Ho's words to heart, Eun Joo. I have to go now, but I'll see you soon I guess. Take care and remember, you're not a doctor. So If you aren't feeling well, take some time to see one."

I left the room as I felt Eun Joo's eyes resting on my shoulders. I walked down the stairs and out the door, closing it and hearing it automatically lock behind me. i let out a sigh of relief as I pulled a blue pouch out of my pocket.

This plan has to work. Our maknae needs to be taught a lesson about....

 

Love.

 

 

*Okay, so another chapter! Someone is in almost every chapter now isn't he? I wonder who it is... I'll be leaving another poll regarding him, just in case you took the first one. It'll be different. It'll be a game of elimination since I can only put four choices up at a time. The person with the least amount of votes will be diqualified in the second poll. There will be about 4 polls in total? But please take it1 I'd like to see who you guys think it is. And a question, would you guys like to in Eun Joo's shoes or not? If not, whose shoes would you like to be in? Comment, comment, comment! :D Enjoy~*