Chapter 13: A night of sleep

Arranged Marriage To.....

*Dong Ho's POV*

Hye Sung was waiting for me right outside of NH Media's building. When I got off from practice we went to a coffee shop, in which she looked rather discontent.

"Why have you been avoiding me for the past few days? I haven't seen you in person and gotten a call from you for the past few days. I've left countless of messages and texted you a bunch of times and there was no reply? Not to mention I called you five times yesterday!" Hye Sung snapped at me.

"Some issues came up." I explained. "Eun Joo and her grandfather had a-"

"Eun Joo? Is she the reason why you've been avoiding me? I wanted to go to the art exhibition yesterday with you, but I had no idea where you were and I couldn't stop worrying about you, so I didn't go. So I guess spending time with Eun Joo is more important than spending time with me then, huh?" Hye Sung scoffed at Eun Joo's name. "Do you love her?"

"I'm sorry, I'll go to the art exhibition with you today then." I said, trying to patch up my relationship with her. 

"Forget it. Yesterday was the last day of the art exhibition. Even if it was still open it would be pointless, because I would just be wasting your time." Hye Sung's voice softened and her eyes lost all the fire. Getting up quickly, she left. I got up slowly, hating myself. Even if Eun Joo's grandfather had known about it, who cares? I mean it's not like I really like Eun Joo or anything. You're a damn idiot.Get your damn mind straight. You love Hye Sung right? So, go and find a way to cheer her up. As I got up, I heard something of mine, drop to the cool marble floors of the coffee shop. It was the diamond bracelet, I had given Hye Sung. Quickly, picking it up and grabbing Eun Joo's violin case, I ran after Hye Sung. Luckily Hye Sung didn't go to far. 

I caught up with Hye Sung easily as I grabbed her wrist. She turned around surprised and waited for me patiently to say something. "Hye Sung... I'm sorry." I took her hand. "You are the air of my life. You're not something I want... But something I need." 

Hye Sung seemed to be geniunely touched. I gently put the bracelet back on her arm. I waited for her to say something, but all she did was tear up a bit. Turning her back to me, she left without saying a word. I could tell she was thinking about something and didn't know what to do anymore. Watching her leave, I headed home.

*Narrator's POV*

When Dong Ho got home, he noticed the house looked a bit different. It was MUCH cleaner and some of the items in the living room was moved around. Eun Joo came out of the kitchen to greet him while eyeing her violin.

"Welcome home." Dong Ho rolled his eyes.

"I told you to stay home so that you could get more sleep. Not to clean." Dong Ho handed Eun Joo her violin, in which she took quickly.

"Well, without my violin there isn't much to do and I've gotten enough sleep last night." Eun Joo replied heading up the stairs with her violin. 

"What are you doing?" Dong Ho asked Eun Joo, making Eun Joo stop halfway up the stairs.

"I'm going to practice a Wolfhart's piece. Is there something you need?" 

"Do you want me to confiscate your violin again?" Dong Ho narrowed his eyes at her. He could see Eun Joo's grip on her violin grow tighter. "Go to sleep." Eun Joo seemed to hesitate for a bit before retreated into the first floor bathroom to take a shower and head off to bed. Dong Ho went to eat his dinner and when he was finished he headed into the kitchen to put the dishes in the sink. When he did, he noticed Eun Joo's jacket on the kitchen counter. 

When Eun Joo was done with her shower and had brushed her teeth, she headed to the closet to get her blanket out. She hoped Dong Ho hadn't gone into the kitchen yet. She had yet to close the door properly and put her jacket away. As she was reaching for her blanket, someone stopped her. She turned around to see Dong Ho's face right in front of her's making her heart jump a bit.

"You know, you shouldn't put your jacket in the kitchen right?" Dong Ho asked, raising one of his eyebrows at her. "And you shouldn't leave the back door open like that. What if some stranger comes in and tries to hurt you?"

"I went to the supermarket to get a bit of salt since we ran out here." Eun Joo admitted. She wasn't used to the concept of lying and she got the message Dong Ho was trying to send. 

"At least you're honest." Dong Ho hung up her jacket and felt her forehead. "You're still sick. You, go sleep on the bed tonight." Dong Ho pushed her towards the stairs gently. Eun Joo turned around.

"Dong Ho, are you not feeling well?" Eun Joo asked, her mind clouded with thoughts concerning with Dong Ho's health. "Are you hurt somewhere? Why are you acting like this?"

"I'm fine. I'm not that cruel as a human being to force a sick person like you to sleep on the uncomfortable sofa." Dong Ho said in a reassuring tone that he was fine. He got Eun Joo up the stairs and into bed, tucking her in, like she had done for him so many times. Dong Ho got his sleepwear from his closet and got changed in the master bedroom's bathroom, not to mention brushed his teeth, before heading down the stairs to the kitchen. 

He absolutely hated washing the dishes, but for just this once, he went to wash the dishes. When he was done, he was thirsty. Drinking his water, he thought of Eun Joo. A sick person would often wake up thirsty, since they would have been dehydrated from sweating so much. He poured a cup of water for her and brought it up the stairs and put it on the bedside table, like Eun Joo had done for him. As he did so, Eun Joo sat up.

"What are you doing? Why aren't you asleep?" Dong Ho asked.

"I feel uncomfortable and I usually don't sleep this early. Where are you going to sleep tonight?" 

"On the sofa, like you do." He replied hesitantly, even though after one night of spending his time on the sofa, he had grown a disliking for it.

"You know, I'm fine with sleeping on the sofa. I'm used to it already." Eun Joo said, detecting the hate towards the sofa in his voice. "I've caused you a lot of trouble already. You don't need to be this nice to me."

"Just sleep here."

"I can't, I mean this is your bed. I'll feel really uncomfortable if you had to sleep on the sofa because of me." Eun Joo was feeling uncomfortable already and it was the only feeling besides her usual 'neutral' feeling that she could ever feel. 

"Fine. I'll sleep on the other side of the bed and you sleep on this side." Dong Ho replied, mainly relieved that he would not have to sleep on the sofa. "And no more talks about where each of us are sleeping tonight." He tucked her back in bed as he went to the climbed into the right side of the bed. Eun Joo felt even more uncomfortable, but made sure she didn't show it in any particular way. She laid down on her side, her back facing towards him and the front of  her facing the bedroom door.

She had never slept this early before ever since her ninth birthday. Staring blankly in the darkness, she could hear small snores within minutes. Turning her body to face Dong Ho, she knew he was sleeping. Slowly rolling out of bed and then sitting up on the side of the bed, she took a deep breath. She was going to sleep on the sofa tonight and without Dong Ho ever knowing since she wakes earlier than him. If not asked about it, he wouldn't know about her creeping off to sleep on the sofa. As she slowly stood up, a voice broke the silence that she had hoped would stay.

"Where are you going?" Eun Joo sat back down on the bed. 

"I feel uncomfortable sleeping here and disturbing you." Eun Joo replied, once again honestly.

"You're disturbing me by being sick. So just sleep here and get better soon." Dong Ho said sleepily. Eun Joo pulled the covers over her defeatedly. Dong Ho's arms wrapped over Eun Joo's waist. "This is to ensure you don't go sneaking off again. Even though I don't wake up quick enough in the morning, but still, if you move me, I'll wake up." Eun Joo turned to her side, with her back facing Dong Ho, her heart beating fast and her palms sweaty. 

Why is my heart beating so fast? Why are my hands sweaty? Maybe it's part of the whole 'sick' process. Eun Joo thought, feverishly.

Back somewhere else in Seoul....

"I can't continue like this." A faint voice said into the phone. "Even though it's for the best, I don't want to continue to mislead him. He's just a child. A child then and a child now. I can't do this anymore."

 

 

 

*Enjoy~ My motivation has just been started, since I'm getting close to the of the story ^~^ Another chapter done.~ Please check out the foreword for my new story, by clicking this link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/529041/do-opposites-attract-ukissaj It's only a foreword for now, but when I get a poster for it, I'll start to update it.*