Chapter 11: My Wish

Arranged Marriage To.....

*Dong Ho's POV*

I stood there, paralyzed and giving AJ a bewildered look. However, AJ seemed to be as clueless as me and provided with no answers.

"It must be a misunderstanding sure. Eun Joo and I have never crossed the borders of hugging. Hugging these days are pretty common and many people do it as a friendly gesture." AJ spoke up. He did no good since, Eun Joo's grandfather seemed to get more irritated.

"Leave." The old man said angrily pointing towards the door. "Isn't it bad enough that you're the third wheel here and now you're trying to get involved? Leave." When AJ didn't budge, her grandfather began to throw pens and items he could find around him at AJ. "Are you deaf? I said leave!" When he grandfather started having a fit, Eun Joo stood up, pushing AJ out of the house.

"Thank you for helping me out today, AJ. But it's getting late. You should be going home to get some sleep." Eun Joo said, in the steady and emotionless voice of hers. Closing the door on AJ's face, she returned to her grandfather who was still furious with her. She went back to kneeling in front of her grandfather, apologizing.

"Listen Eun Joo, you better get your things together. I don't want you to hang around him anymore. For God's sake, you're married and you are my granddaughter! If you get into any trouble or scandals, you'll ruin my reputation! Which is why I will now have you monitored at all times. Even if there isn't someone directly following you, just know that there are people watching you. And I would expect that you will not leave this house unless it is to go to school." Her grandfather said harshly, nearly spitting every word at her. "I would also expect that you will be using the rest of your time to study or pratice that violin of yours since you have a contest coming home. You had better win or else, the amount of shame you have given to the family will be carried throughout generations."

With that, her grandfather left the house, leaving everything in a mess. Eun Joo slowly stood up and without saying anything to me, went to the bathroom to get dried, since she had just coming home moments before me, if I am correct. She was still dripping wet and a new addition of a bright red hand mark left on her white and clear skin. It had been a pretty big contrast to her skin. I mean, I did feel bad for her... but wait.

Does her grandfather know I started it? He probably doesn't since it blamed Eun Joo. But still he knows about me and Hye Sung. Stupid Eun Joo. Out of all the girls I had to marry it had to be you? Especially you and your weird and strict grandfather! Ah.... Will I have to give up meeting with Hye Sung for the next couple of weeks? I guess I can always video chat with her. Anyhow, next week I'm going to Mexico for a few concerts. My head was filled of thoughts about Eun Joo to Hye Sung. Man, Eun Joo's grandfather was no joke. But still, even though I feel bad for her, it serves her right for trying to kill Hye Sung earlier today. I mean Hye Sung has always had a tiny fear of drowning, which is why she has never learned to swim.

I washed up and went to my bedroom, staring at the ceiling happily, thinking about Hye Sung and how she had finaly accepted my heart. I thought about her until I fell asleep.

*Eun Joo's POV*

I don't what to do or to feel anymore. My forehead is boiling hot and I don't know why. The air condition is on, but I'm not growing any cooler. Dong Ho has gone up to his bedroom to sleep. I guess I am left to clean up the mess my grandfather made. I'm thankful there wasn't any glass objects near him during that time or I'd have to do more cleaning. Of course if he knew I didn't like cleaning, I'd probably be scolded again. Another lecture on how woman are meant to cook and clean. I've been taught to believe so, but nowadays, I am wavering. I am unsure about everything know.

As I have the pens bundled together with a rubber band, I begin to think about AJ. I know it is wrong of me to be thinking about him, since I am a married woman, but I cannot help myself. I cannot help myself but to compare AJ and Dong Ho. AJ is such a kind person, while Dong Ho is the type that knows exactly what he wants and will treat whatever he likes with great care. As I put the pens away on the coffee table in the living room, I head to the bathroom to deal with my wet clothes. I continue to compare the both of them, which I find is quite despicable of myself, but as I have said. I can't help myself. As I pick up my wet navy blue jacket, something falls out. The bracelet Dong Ho had given to Hye Sung.

Hye Sung was definitely pretty and she was nice as well. She doesn't fit the mean type. She wouldn't even if she tried. I don't know why I am thinking like this. Hye Sung is pretty, artistic, and nice. I can see why Dong Ho likes her. How nice it would be to be her. Loved. However, I cannot think like this since I do not understand the basis of emotions. I do not understand anything about it. Though it is something I have been thinking about, I cannot say I have been longing for such a thing. I am used to living a life with my grandfather who had no regard for me ever since my parents died. 

Holding the bracelet, I dry it and then head to the kitchen. I had forgotten to bring Dong Ho a glass of water before. I'm pretty sure he'll wake up and be thirsty in the middle of the night. Going up the stairs with light footsteps, I slowly opened the door to his room to see him sleeping.

*Dong Ho's POV*

I woke up, feeling a bit cold. Eun Joo had probably the AC in every room. I was so tired I didn't even want to move. But I couldn't go back to sleep feeling cold, so as I was about to yank the blanket over me, I heard my door creak open, which made me stay completely still and put my acting skills to use, pretending I was sleeping. I kept my right eye slightly open to see if it was an intruder or just Eun Joo. Nope, it was just Eun Joo. Anyhow, I wouldn't want to wake up now and warm myself since I really didn't want to talk to her. Eun Joo put a cup of water by my bedside table and something else I could identify in the dark and due to the fact my eyes were barely open.

I could see Eun Joo turning to me, so I closed my right eye completely. I wouldn't want her to know I was awake and have her talk to me. I could feel Eun Joo reach over me for the blanket, covering with it gently, carefully as so she doesn't wake me up.

"I'm sorry. I know I'm making your life hard. You already have someone you love, but because of me, it's not possible to openly love her." Eun Joo whispered. Her voice seemed to finally have some emotion in it. "I'm sorry for not being a good wife. How many lives would be better if I didn't exist right? Like grandfather, if he didn't have a granddaughter like me, his reputation wouldn't be tainted." Eun Joo was speaking softly to me, even though she didn't know I was awake. "I, too, like you have a wish. However, what use is my wish? Good night, Dong Ho."

*Eun Joo's POV*

I stood by Dong Ho's bed looking at him, my heart feeling uncomfortable. What use is my wish? I couldn't help it, but realize that I was feeling different. A lump in my throat that hurt every time I swallowed. My head which was burning hot and feeling a bit numb. Leaving the room quietly, I went downstairs to the kitchen to have a glass of water. The lump was still there as I laid onto the sofa, feeling uncomfortable.

I have disappointed everyone.

*Dong Ho's POV*

I sat up on my bed right after Eun Joo left. I was curious as to what she had put on the table. It was the diamond bracelet, Hye Sung had lost at the pool. I can't believe Eun Joo actually went to look for it. Feeling thirsty, I drank the water all in one shot, deep in thought. Why didn't Eun Joo tell me her wish? Now, I was seriously started to feel bad for her. I mean I didn't actually see her push Hye Sung into the pool, anyhow, even if she did, it would be an accident since they were both standing so close to each other.

I felt bad that despite the fact that she was drenching wet and hit by her grandfather that she had not exploded at me. I know she was innocent and had no feelings towards AJ since she was nothing more than a human without any feelings which made her a doll. Forcing myself to go back to sleep, I couldn't help it but feel uncomfortable. What was her wish anyways? 

It's not all your fault...

 

 

*I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Not very interesting, but still finally Eun Joo can show her side of things in this chapter. Hopefully the new character will be here in the next chapter. I'm still not sure and make sure to take a poll regarding whether or not I should start the next story yet, since I have a stable plot now. ^_^ Enjoy~*