Green Tea Candy

Arranged Marriage To.....

*Dong Ho's Pov*

I sat back on my bed, lost in thought. My eyes suddenly began to wander and it wandered over to the metal container filled with juk. Everyday, I would leave the container filled with juk because I suspected. I suspected it was Eun Joo who was doing all of this. Even if it wasn't Eun Joo and it really was AJ, I probably won't touch it. AJ isn't exactly the best cook in the group.

Leaving the container filled with juk was to show that I still thought that she was at fault. It was to show that I didn't need her in my life nor did I want her in my life. Even though I'm supposed to be resting, I can feel my eye bags grow bigger from all these thoughts that keep me up at night. Sighing, I made my way to the metal container and brought it to the tiny wooden table in my room and opened it, just staring at it.

Before I knew it, I had finished the whole container of juk. It had helped me lift some of that guilt off my shoulders. I reached for my phone and searched for him in my contacts.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

*Eun Joo's Pov*

It was well past seven and I was still at school. I held my violin in my left hand and my bow in my right hand. The tips of my fingers on my left hand turned purple and blue, but I ignored it. It didn't hurt so I didn't bother to spend more time on it than it needed. The wooden clock hanging off the dark blue walls of the practice room told me that I had been practicing for four hours straight. The competition performance would take less than five minutes, but to win one took a lot more than five minutes of practice everyday.

Long practice hours= First place = Happy and proud grandfather. This is all I had to keep in mind while practicing. It made all this practicing worth it. It made it worth it to join competitions. The knowledge that winning one would make my grandfather feel happy. However, I have yet to make it happen. I can't remember the last time I've won first place and he's smiled at me and complimented me. This is what keeps me practicing. My grandfather. I felt completely empty inside as I practiced playing different pieces all these years. Yet once I stopped I felt like I could burst, wanting to drop everything and explore Seoul- this world on my own.

However, I can't. I'll never be able to throw away the violin or my grandfather. If I do, once I do... I'll become nothing. They represent me. They make me human in front of public instead of he useless puppet I am. They give me use in this world.

My left hand started to twitch and I nearly dropped my violin in the middle of the piece. I let out a sigh and stared at my left hand, wondering what had gone wrong. My lips and throat were dry so I decided to take a two minute break. I put my violin aside and got a drink of water, staring at the wooden clock and waiting for my two minute break to be up.

When two minutes were finally up, I picked up my violin and was about to resume my practice until I heard a knock on the door. I turned to look at the dark wooden door, expecting someone to walk in. But no one did. Instead, I saw a slightly crumpled napkin on the floor that I didn't notice until now. Or maybe someone just threw their napkin into this practice room just now. I bent down to pick up the napkin to see there were words written on it. Placing my violin aside, I read the note.

Eun Joo, don't overwork yourself. There are many people who care about you. Instead of taking care of others, why don't you start taking care of yourself first? It's about time you placed yourself first. To start off, why don't you eat something sweet and take a few more minutes of break? While you're taking a break, why don't you take care of you fingers too? Curious to who I am? Open the door and you'll see.

I opened the door to see the empty hallways. As I took another step into the hallway, I kicked something and I immediately looked down at my feet to see a thin rectangular pack of hard green tea candy and an ointment. Attached to the ointment was another note. As I gave the empty hallways once last look, I turned my back and went back inside. My grip on the green tea candy tightened as I read the new note.

I was just kidding about seeing me. It's better if you didn't see. I could distract you from practice. I just wanted to give you these two things and encourage you.

I reread the notes as I held the green tea candy with my right hand that hovered above the trash can, threatening to throw away the green tea candy. My mind was buzzing as I stood there.

"Eun Joo..."

I dropped the candy into the trash can as I fell to the floor, leaning against the dark blue wall of the practice room. My heart was beating fast as I held onto the hem of my dress, pulling my knees to my chest. I wrapped my thin arms around my legs and choked back tears. It was a long time since I had last hugged my legs close to my chest as I quickly adjusted to it and a wave of emotions and memories came flooding back.

"Eun Joo..."

I shook my head, closing my watery eyes and placed my hands over my ears to block out the sound. But it was no use.

"Eun Joo... You like green tea don't you?"

I shook my head, my hands still covering my ears.

"No.... I don't. Please... don't." I said, my throat tensing up.

"I love green tea!" A childish voice rung in my head as I tensed up as a whole.

"Do you want to make your favorite green tea cake with me?"

"No. Leave me alone!" I opened my eyes letting a tear slip down my pale cheeks. I ruffled my hair in frustration and fear as a small chunk came out onto my hands, causing me to pause and take slow breaths.

What's happening to me? 

I panicked and got up quickly, making my way to the door as everything quickly darkened and I passed out.

"Of course I want to make green tea cake with you..."

 

"Mom."

*Someone's Pov*

I paced back and forth in the hospital room, staring out of the window every now and then. From Dong Ho's window, I could see the main entrance of the hospital. The main entrance where all visitors are supposed to go in. The same entrance that was used for Dong Ho's exit, which reminds me. 

Where is he?!

When was Dong Ho going to come back? They're going to kill me for being late to practice. It's all Dong Ho's fault. Just because he gets a break doesn't mean that we all have a break.

I was stuck in these light airy hospital clothing, or as I like to call it, sick people clothing, in which I can't help wonder how Dong Ho was able to wear it without having his pants slip down every few seconds. I pulled the loose and baggy pants up past my belly button as Dong Ho slips into the room holding a plastic bag. He takes off his baseball cap and puts his plastic bag on the table.

"Where were you?" I asked becoming annoyed. "When you called me in the afternoon, oh right- it was the afternoon when you called me. You told me you just needed me to pretend to be you for 30 minutes and guess what? Four hours passed! Whatever you've been doing today better me good."

"I went to buy some snacks. Just chill. Not all corner stores have the candy I want okay?" Dong Ho asked, eating a strawberry flavored pocky, offering me one as well. I couldn't help it but stand there in shock. Was Dong Ho completely serious? Was he in his right state of mind? Four damn hours for snacks? I slapped the strawberry pocky he was offering me out of his hands.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked, my tone becoming a relatively higher pitch than I normally speak at. "You spent four hours, shopping or rather, getting snacks? I could've gotten you the snacks instead of wasting my time, voice, and energy. You have no idea how many times I had shut the door in the faces of nurses telling them that I was changing. I coud've gotten caught and into big trouble."

"Calm down. It's not like you know what type of snacks I like anyways." Dong Ho shrugged taking off my jacket and my shirt. I sighed as I ruffled my hair in pure frustration. I took off the hospital and tossed it to him as he caught it, putting the shirt back on. He gave me my pants as I finished putting my shirt on and we exchanged clothing. "Thanks for this anyways."

"Listen, I'm never doing this again, okay? If only you had a good and valid reason." I was deeply annoyed by how I wasted my time helping the maknae.

"Hey, eating rice cakes, fish balls, and ice cream is totally worth it. You should be glad that you made the maknae happy." Dong Ho answered. "I find that a good and valid reason. You did this for a good cause." I let out a sigh and said a quick good bye to him. I have no right to be angry or frustrated with him. As of right now, I've messed up a few things in his life that he has yet to realize. If Eun Joo can help me, then I might get away with it. But that's a huge 'if'.

*Dong Ho's Pov*

I rummaged through the plastic bag and found a thin rectangular pack of candy. This was by far, my "favorite" hard candy.Typically, I would go for the chewable snacks. Not the ones that would break your tooth if you tried to bite it. But the soft Japanese marshmellow candies with jellies inside or whatnot. The hard candy was sweet and had a slightly bitter taste that went well with the sweetness of it. I stared at the pack of candy before heading over to the trash can so I could throw away the wrappings once I opened it.

As I tried to open it, my phone began to ring, causing me to jump a bit. I dropped the candy into the trash can as I groaned and turned my attention to the phone. I'll pick it up later. After I answered my phone to find that it was one of those annoying surveys, I hung up and laid on my bed, frustrated. Truth be told, there was a lot on my mind. I stared at the trash can as I shook the thought of picking it up again. Cross that out. I was no longer in the mood for such a bitter sweet candy.

 

To be honest again. I hated the candy.

I hated it.

I hated....

Green Tea Candy.

I don't know what made me buy it in the first place but I did. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

*So another chapter done. Whoa, three chapters done in about one week :D Fastest I've ever updated XD I typed this on a tablet so the front might be awkward, I'll have to go back on the computer and edit it. But 'Someone' is back and they've made their comeback! XD In this chapter we're starting to see another part of Eun Joo that we've yet to see. And she keeps fainting! Everyone seems to be growing frustrated in this chapter too... >.< Oh god! Well, feel free to leave a comment and take the poll :D Eli and Kevin were tied with one point, so I'll ask the silent readers to please take it since it takes one click. please vote if you didn't!*