Don't Stop

Arranged Marriage To.....

*Dong Ho's POV*

I was in the car alone with Eun Joo and the driver. Eun Joo didn't seem surprised that her grandfather wasn't with us. 

"Every time I visit them, he would go ahead first." Eun Joo looked out the window. I nodded and allowed myself to take a nap while we were going there.

I woke up, strictly about an hour later. I opened my eyes slowly, not feeling the car vibrate anymore. Yawning, I could feel that something was off. It was extremely quiet and the sky was light grey in contrast to the sky blue color it was an hour ago. Looking around, I could tell where I was.

*Eun Joo's POV*

I was kneeling in front of my mother and father' grave stone, placing the lavenders I had bought on the way here on top of their grave stones. Kneeling in front of the grave stones, I realized I could no longer remember their faces. I could feel my legs trembling as I fought myself, to stop myself. But I couldn't. I looked away and blinked back the water in my eyes. My heart was racing and my hands were sweaty as I tried to remember how they looked. I just couldn't. A wave of something flooded my heart as I tried to get up. My legs, trembling, I fell. The wind in the cemetary messed my hair up as I looked at the grass and dirt I was sitting on. 

A hand appeared in front of me. Looking up, I could see Dong Ho. My right hand was trembling as I reached for his hand, taking it weakly. I couldn't look at him. The water was in my eyes again. I was afraid. The water just kept coming back to my eyes as I thought about my parents and how I was forgetting them. Dong Ho lifted my head up so my eyes would meet his as he looked at me. He startled me when he pulled me into a hug. I could feel myself stiff up a bit, but suddenly, I forgot all the reasons why I should be cautious of him. I let myself relax as he hugged me. He had patted my back in a slow rhythm and I let him. It made my heart grow a bit lighter.

"Don't hold back your tears." I closed my eyes, stopping the water from coming out. So it was called 'tears'. I stopped them from dripping out and onto Dong Ho's tuxedo. I felt myself breathing heavily as I calmed myself down. 

"I can't remember their faces." I said softly.Dong Ho didn't say anything for a moment.

"You aren't supposed to." I looked up at him. "You have to think of a memory with them. You can't only remember how a person looks likes if you don't remember what they've done for or with you." I let my head rest against his chest. I closed my eyes again, trying to find a memory of them. I couldn't.

"I can't." I could hear my voice breaking. 

"It's okay. Take your time." Dong Ho said softly. Pushing him away softly, I could feel a rush of cold air hitting me, causing me to sneeze. He took of his jacket and wrapped it around me slowly. "Are you okay?"

"Yes. Let's head back to the hotel." I said, light-headed. Slowly, we walked back to the car. I couldn't help it but look back at the gravestones. Turning back to Dong Ho, I headed back to the car, taking deep breaths before leaving my parents.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Dong Ho's POV*

I couldn't help it, but feel bad for Eun Joo. To have lost both of her parents. As we walked down the crowded streets of Times Square together, she didn't seem to notice anything happening around her. As I came to a stop at the end of the street, I could see Eun Joo walking in a daze as she continued to cross the street even though the lights for us was an orange hand. I grabbed her hand and pulled her back as a crazy taxi driver sped off.

She seemed to snap out of her trance as she looked at me. We continued to walk in silence, leaving me to wonder how she had lost her parents.

"He died of cancer and she died from a fire." Eun Joo looked at me. I looked at her.

"What?"

"My parents. My dad, he died of cancer, while my mom died from a fire." Eun Joo said quietly. We continued to walk down the street, our hands locked together. Eun Joo didn't seem to notice it, but I did. It was from pulling her in before she got hit by a car.

"Why are you telling me this? Don't you think it's a bit too personal?" I asked.

"I- I don't know. I just thought you should know." Eun Joo replied. We were no longer in Times Square, but rather really close to the hotel now. "My mother loved lavenders and my father would love whatever my mother loved. Grandfather doesn't know what kind of flowers they like, so he always gets them daisies."

"Oh." We walked in silence, back to the hotel, where I felt the need to take a nap, since in Japan, it would be four a.m. and my body was still not in the time zone. I fell asleep quickly as Eun Joo stayed awake taking care of some things.

I woke up at eight p.m., feeling a bit sluggish. Yawning, I headed to the bathroom to splash some water onto my face. I walked past the kitchen where the dining room table was and saw Eun Joo slumped over the table. I saw turn into a smile as she took her nap.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Eun Joo's POV*

I was smiling. I don't why I was smiling, but there I was, eight years old and smiling. I was well-hidden in the closet behind my dad's formal shirts. They had smelt like the mixture of Tide and mints as I stood in the closet hiding. I could hear my parents calling me.

"Oh where could our little Eun Joo be?" I could hear my mother's bell-like voice ringing in the air as I let out a sound. I wasn't sure what kind of sound, but I knew it was related to being happy. I could hear footsteps as they came into the room. Suddenly the closet door opened wide and I could see my father's face again. A grin spread across his face and his tiny stubs of hair that formed a beard. Most of his hair was gone and his beard had yet to be. I couldn't understand why my father was losing hair at that time, but I did soon enough. I let out a shriek and ran past him as he easily caught up to me, picking me up and putting me on his bed, tickling me until my face turned red. My mother, with her beautifully dyed brown hair was curled into a bun gracefully and her light lip gloss shone with her brown eyes. My father picked me up and threw me up in the air, catching me as I came back down.

My mother's eyes were wet. It looked like she was 'tearing' up a bit. She gave me a smile as I ran over to her and played with her silver bracelet that had different and unique charms on them. My dad growled behind me as I started to run again, shrieking every now and then. I ran past my mom and down the stairs to the living room, hopping from sofa to sofa. My dad's big brown eyes shining even though he had less then a year left to spend with me. My mother followed us, her pretty and classic blue dress slowing her down. I ran towards her as she carried me like I was a six year old child, doting me for every second she got to hold me. My father headed over to us, pinching my cheeks and then headed to the kitchen to get our dinner ready as my mom continued to hold me. I smiled. I couldn't stop smiling.

"Don't stop smiling, Eun Joo-ah. Don't stop."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Dong Ho's POV*

I watched as she smiled, seeming to be thinking about something good. As I smiled back. Her eyes slowly opened a I turned away, making it seem as if nothing had happened as she lifted her head up. When she saw me, her eyes seemed to be holding back some tears. She stood up. I pulled her into a hug, comforting her.

"I saw them. I saw them, Dong Ho." I had no idea what she was talking about.

"I saw my parents. I didn't forget them after all."

 

 

*Okay~ Another chapter done. Leave a comment please. I really do enjoy your comments guys and love replying to them in any sort of way ^^ Hopefully this chapter did not bore anyone to death. Sorry if this chapter was extremely boring >.< But all I can say is, enjoy~ <3*