Chapter One: What?!

Arranged Marriage To.....

I stood next to Kiseop waiting for our cue to transition onto the stage. I could hear the fans chanting, "U-KISS, U-KISS, U-KISS!" It was annoying me. Okay, we're U-Kiss, but could you stay quiet for a moment? Aish, these fans were so annoying sometimes. I was fidgeting, annoyed with everything that was happening around me. When our cues were given, we took our positions on the stage.

"Cause I'm on fire...." Soohyun started off. When he started, I knew the three minutes it took for us to sing this song would seem longer than it really was. I couldn't help but feel relieved when the song was over. When we got off the stage, I immediately went over to the manager to get a bottle of water, in which I finished within 30 seconds. Hoon could feel that I was getting irritated.

"Are you okay?" Hoon asked, lightly placing his hand on my shoulder. I stood there, tired and annoyed shaking my head.

"No, is everything ever okay these days?" I spat at him. Even though I was younger and I was supposed to treat my hyungs with respect I rarely did so, which they never minded. But today, Hoon could sense that I was very much annoyed. Hoon understood the message I was sending him. He quickly rushed around the changing rooms telling the others to hurry up, so we could go home. 

I was the first one to be dropped off since no one wanted my bad attitude to rub off on them. A few of them said good night to me while others stayed silent, trying not to irritate me. I quickly walked into my apartment building and headed up to my floor by the elevator. When I opened the apartment door, I saw my mom sitting on the sofa, patiently waiting for me to come home. I breathed out angrily and annoyed. Since she was waiting for me, she must have something to tell me. She got up and tried to talk to me.

"Honey, I talked to your manager and he says it's okay if you take a day off of practice, do you think you could do me a favor?" She asked me. I turned to look at her, feeling really annoyed.

"I'm tired. Let's talk about this tomorrow." I headed off to my bedroom and slammed the door in front of her as she tried to desperately to talk to me.

I regret it the next day because it's bright and early in the morning and the phone goes off. I ignore it and try to go back to sleep, but the phone is next to my bed and it's been ringing non-stop. I groaned. Who could it be? Don't they know that some people are sleeping still? I picked up.

"I want you- no.... I NEED you to go to the house and check it's conditions and see how it's coming along. The directions and the address of the house is on the dining room table and also the keys to it is on the table." My mother said. "Please do it for your poor mother." I was about to say I couldn't but she had already hung up. Groaning some more, I change into my regular clothing and threw on a baseball cap to prevent anyone from recognizing me. I stuffed the keys into one of my pockets and stuffed the directions into my other. I took the taxi there, which was a lot faster.

The house was surprisingly in a good neighborhood and the house, I thought was in the best possible condition. Why would my mom want me to look at this house? If we were moving she'd tell me, so it couldn't be our house... Could it? I open the house door slowly and as I opened the door, I started to look around the living room. The living room was complete and nicely pulled together, while from where I was standing, the kitchen wasn't even ready yet. 

I was too busy looking around that I didn't even notice the girl that was sitting on the sofa. When I did, it took me by surprise. I wasn't scared. Just surprised. The girl seemed to be looking at me intently, before standing up. She had a bit of brownish hair. It wasn't light brown, but it wasn't really dark brown either. It was curled neatly and it went an inch past her shoulders. She was wearing a navy cardigan and a formal white dress that stopped right above her knees and dark colored closed toed heels. She looked formal but yet casual at the same time and she looked like she was about my age.

"Annyeonghaseyo, naneun Song Eun Joo-ah." She said slowly. So her name was Eun Joo... All in all she was pretty, but not the prettiest girl I've ever seen.

"Annyeong, I'm Shin Dong Ho from U-Kiss." I said, being less formal with her. She gave me a tiny smile.

"I heard from my grandfather that a friend's son was going to be showing me around Seoul, since I never really got a chance to take a closer look at everything. I'm guessing you're my guide for today?" Eun Joo said in a soft voice. She was using a formal language which I hardly ever hear people use.

"I guess so." I said shrugging. As we left the house and began walking, she turned to me.

"What is U-Kiss?" She asked me. I turned to look at her. It was no surprise that some people don't know who U-Kiss were since we weren't that popular yet. But she was sure to have heard ManManHaNi right?

"U-Kiss is a South Korean boy band. You know the song 'ManManHaNi'?" I asked. She shook her head. I sighed, she was hopeless. How could she have not heard of ManManHaNi? Is she even Korean? If she was then she'd know the song ManManHaNi. Since I didn't eat breakfast, I decided to get some food with her first. I took her to a small and dirty-looking shop and ordered a bowl of udon in which she declined saying that she had already eaten something.

When my bowl of udon came, she looked at it strangely. "Do you want some?" I asked her, trying to be polite but also hoping she'd say no. 

"No thank you. But what is that? I've never seen food like that before." Eun Joo said with a strange look on her face.

"It's udon. Have you never have udon before?" I asked. Eun Joo shook her head. I looked at her in disbelief. "How could you have never tasted udon before? Are you kidding me?" 

"I'm pretty sure I've never eaten anything like udon. Grandfather would never allow me to eat such things." Eun Joo admitted. I continued to stare at her. Wow...

"You should try some." I said, getting a tiny bowl from the waiter. She shook her head.

"If I eat it and Grandfather finds out, he'll be sure to have me eating nothing but vegetables for the next half of my life!" Eun Joo said, moving back from the table. "If he even finds out I've been here, he'll interrogate me about what happened here. Like what I did." 

"If I don't tell him and you don't tell him, how would he know?" I asked, shaking my head. This girl has lived one messed up of a life.

"If my grandfather asks what I did today, he'll find out..." She said, trying to keep her poker face on. I closed my eyes out of annoyance. Doesn't this girl get the concept of lying or avoiding the question?

"Why don't you lie and say you went to a five-star place?" I suggested. "Or you could say I went to eat with Dong Ho. You could either lie or be vague."

"Lying is never an option for me. If he finds out I've been lying, he'll never trust me again and make sure he has people that are following me... Which happens to me quite often. Although today no one is following me since I'm with you." Eun Joo replied steadily. "If I get too vague, he'll start to interrogate me as well." I had almost felt bad for her. Living a life like this. After I ate, we went for a tiny tour by foot. We've been walking for a couple of hours before I realized she was lagging behind. I turned to look at her as she struggled to catch up with me. My eyes traveled down to her feet, in which I remembered she was wearing heels.

"Are you tired?" I asked her. She shook her head. "Well, I'm going to get something to drink. Do you want anything?"

"A bottle of water please." Eun Joo said politely. Man, she was like a doll. She made sure everything about her was perfect and she was too innocent. I went to get a bottle of coke and while I was at it, I got her a bottle of water. I gave her the bottle of water and she tried to open it but she couldn't. I gave her my bottle to hold and then opened hers for her in which she thanked me for. She was also pretty weak. She also stared at my bottle of coke and I had to explain to her that it was a fizzy drink and was soda, in which I found out she had also never tried before. I was starting to notice how she stood up straight and tall and that she looked tired. Right now it was about five p.m. and the rush hour. We wouldn't be able to get a taxi at this rate. The bus would be too crowded for my liking. I saw a rack of bikes and thought about renting two.

"Let's go rent some bikes," I said, grabbing her hand and dragging her after me. She followed me to a store that rented bikes and I rented the bike for a day since once I rode home with her, I would go straight home and leave her bike to her. When I rented my bike, I looked at her. Eun Joo didn't rent a bike and she kept staring at me. "Rent one." I told her. She bit her bottom lip.

"I don't know how to ride a bike...." She said steadily even though I knew it was something someone wouldn't want to share. Who didn't know how to rent a bike when they're like 19ish or 20ish. I sighed and patted the seat on the back of the bike. 

"Sit here." I said. She didn't moved. "Don't tell me your grandfather banned you from bikes too and if he found out he'd interrogate you again..." She nodded.

"Why don't we take a taxi instead?" She asked. I shook my head.

"It's rush hour right now, you won't be able to find a taxi available anywhere." I explained. She bit her lip and slowly got onto the back seat slowly. I was sitting down already ready to ride off when I realized if I did she'd probably fall. "Put your arms around my waist." She did so, slowly and I'm guessing it was because she was taught by her grandfather that touching the opposite gender could be a ual reference.

As I was riding the bike back to the house I could feel her arms tighten around my waist. When we were there, I parked the bike next to the fence and walked to the doorstep with her. We were surprised when we found the door unlocked and we wondered if we'd forgotten to lock the door. We pushed the door and peeked in and we could make out two figures sitting on the sofa.

"Yes, I thought so. My son, Shin Dong Ho needs to married in order to learn his responsibilities and Eun Joo to learn the perfect etiquette of being a wife." I could hear my mother's voice and then another one that I did not recognize, but it seemed as if Eun Joo did.

"Yes, so it is agreed that Dong Ho and Eun Joo-ah will get married." Eun Joo and I were leaning on the door too hard and the door opened to reveal us as eavesdroppers.

"What?!"
 

*First Chapter done. I know it's long, but I wanted to show more of the characters more. ^_^ Sorry for the long chapter! I'm guessing you guys sort of understand Eun Joo right? Please leave me some comments on how I could improve or what I could add into the story and I will try to change accordingly to your feedbacks. Thanks and enjoy~*