Chapter 28

Turning Point

A week. Amber had not seen Krystal for a week. Jessica called earlier in the morning and told her that their baby was fine. Krystal had just gone for a check-up that morning. It was okay just that she was a little down, the doctor said. All she had to do was to rest. Amber was relieved to know that but she could not hide the fact that she was missing Krystal so badly. 

"Ah..." Amber let out as she slumped into her chair, she clasped her hands behind her head and thought about her short conversation with Krystal on the previous night. Krystal said that she missed her, she chuckled. A few rapid knocks on the door made her jump up and she straightened her blazer when she saw Lay coming in. 

Lay stifled his laughter as he knew that Amber was thinking about Krystal during work again. "I've already carried out your instruction, it is ready for you." He informed Amber and Amber nodded nervously before waving him out of the office. Lay pressed his lips together to suppress a smirk and he wiggled his brows at Amber before he left. Amber almost threatened to punch him but she covered with her hand as she could not hide her happiness. 

From: Suzy [ 11 34am ]

Are you having lunch soon? Can we eat together?

To: Suzy [ 11 35am]

Have something important to attend to. 

She threw her phone on the table and got up, grabbing her wallet as she left the office. A fine young man greeted her as she sauntered out of the company, passing her a set of key and escorting her to a motorbike that was parked nicely at the entrance. Amber grinned and gave the man some tips before she climbed up on the motorbike. She had asked Lay to buy one because she thought it was too inconvenient for her to travel alone in car. It made her lonely, somehow. Besides, once Krystal had given birth, she could sit behind Amber and hugged her from the back. The thought of it made Amber grin to herself and blush.

 

Krystal was brought to a penthouse suite by Jessica and Yuri. Yoona was left at home as she said that she was too hungry to travel to Seoul and back. The reason was still unknown to Krystal but her sister and Yuri knew what was going on. They kept her in dark simply because Amber begged them to. The girl had already planned on this for the past few days of not seeing Krystal and she even sent a proposal to Jessica for her to approve of. Jessica was rather satisfied with it so she agreed to help her. 

"Unnie, why are we going back to Seoul?" Krystal asked carefully, wanting to know if her sister was bringing her back to Liu's mansion. 

"Yuri and I bought an apartment in Seoul and we want you to have a look at it." Jessica turned back and said. She saw her sister's face fall. Yuri glimpsed at Jessica and saw her chuckling quietly. 

After a few hours of driving on the highway, Yuri stretched after she aligned her car near the roadside. She told Jessica and Krystal to go up first as she needed to find a parking lot. Actually, she just had to wait for a few minutes for Jessica to come down and off they go. As for Krystal, she just followed her sister blindly without suspecting anything. She did not even consider how expensive the building was and if her sister and her girlfriend could afford it. 

"Press 24, please." Jessica told Krystal after they stepped into the lift. Krystal nudged the button and went to stand beside her sister. There was soft music playing in the lift and Krystal took out her phone, wondering why hadn't Amber texted her that day. Jessica took a quick glance at her sister and somehow envied her sister because Amber could do so much for her. But then, she was contented with Yuri. 

The lift came to a stop and when they stepped out, it was immediately the suite. Krystal was awed by it and agape. "Aish!" Krystal turned around and saw Jessica searching for something in her handbag. She frowned and asked her sister what's wrong. "I forgot to bring the paper up! Yuri doesn't know where is it. I will go and find it. You stay here, okay?"

Before Krystal could say anything, Jessica had already rushed off into the lift and disappeared from Krystal's sight. Until then, Krystal could not figure out what paper Jessica was referring to. She walked to the sofa and took a seat as she felt her legs getting sore from standing up. "Ah... what a nice view..." She mumbled to herself as she looked out of the glass window. It was near the beach and the building was rather new, so there was not many neighbours. It was quiet and peaceful. 

She sat back and closed her eyes, not realising that someone was coming out from the other room. 

Amber covered and nose as she crept behind Krystal. She was scared that Krystal might hear her breathe and everything would be ruined. When she was just a foot away, she quickly tied the black cloth around Krystal's head to cover her vision. It shocked Krystal and she jumped up in fright, trying to set herself free. "Don't move!" Amber warned in her deep voice. It sent chills down Krystal's spine. How long had it been since she last heard Amber's voice? not over the phone, of course. 

She stopped moving and trying to fight. Her whole body was shaking so badly and it made her tears well up in her eyes. "Unnie..." Krystal uttered out shakily and Amber pouted. Jessica was the first person that Krystal called out when she was in danger? 

Amber jumped over the couch and stood in front of Krystal. She noticed that the baby bump got even bigger after just one week. She let out a chuckle and that frightened Krystal even further. "Amber...?" Krystal called out. It was not because she knew that the person standing in front of her was indeed Amber. Amber had her eyes rounded as she thought Krystal knew that it was her. "Amber..." Krystal muttered out meekly and moved away when she felt a hand touching her cheek. "Go away!" She screamed and swatted the hand away. 

She was about to remove the cloth when Amber spoke with her low voice again. "If you dare to remove it, I will hurt your baby." Krystal froze and placed her hands down on her laps. She gripped on her dress and prayed in her heart that her sister and Yuri would come up soon. "Who's Amber?" Amber asked, teasing the girl and wanting to see her reaction. 

Krystal remained quiet for a moment before she uttered out, "she's my fiancee." Fear was evident in her voice. Amber grinned triumphantly and she couldn't help but continued asking, "you love her?" 

Amber crossed her arms in front of her chest and she waited for Krystal's answer with anitcipation. Krystal gave a small nod with her lips quivering slightly. She was really scared. Amber jumped up and cheered out loudly, Krystal immediately removed the cloth around her head and she was stunned to see Amber in front of her. "Amber?!" She stared at the tomboy jumping around and celebrating. Then she realised that Amber cheated her. 

"You love me?" Amber teased when she jumped on to the sofa beside Krystal. It was so embarrassing that Krystal did not know what to do, she could feel her own cheeks burning and palms sweating profusely. Amber was batting her eyelashes as she waited for a response from Krystal. But instead, she got a smack from Krystal on the arm. "OW!" She whined and rubbed her arm that was still stinging in pain. 

"You scared me!" Krystal said, looking displeased. Amber stopped rubbing her arm and observed Krystal from the side. Krystal was really unhappy and she knew she was wrong, but she just wanted to play with Krystal since they hadn't met for a week. She missed the girl. 

"Yah, don't be angry." Amber poked Krystal's forearm and Krystal moved to sit further away from her. Amber scooted closer and crossed her leg over Krystal's to stop her from moving again. Krystal was surprised by it and she looked at Amber with opening and closing as she could not figure out a word to say. Amber smiled in victory and said, "I was just playing around." 

Krystal rolled her eyes and mumbled, "that's not fun to me." 

"What's not fun to you?" Amber teased and she pulled Krystal in her embrace. "I miss you so much, jagiya~" Krystal's face flushed and she wanted to push Amber away but Amber held onto her tighter. 

"Y-you better l-leave before unnie comes back." Krystal warned, trying to get Amber away from her. But she would not deny that she actually liked it. 

Amber broke away and laughed hysterically. Krystal watched her in confusion and Amber in a deep breath to get herself together. "She won't be coming back." 

"What?"

"I said, your unnie won't be coming back." 

"But she said she was going to take the paper- you guys planned it?!" 

Amber raised both her eyebrows up and said, "wow, you found out." She clapped for Krystal and Krystal pursed her lips. "Yah, aren't you happy? Or should I... leave?" Amber asked. almost standing up when Krystal pulled her back to sit down. "Wow." She grinned, Krystal retreated her hands away from Amber's arm and she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "I miss you, Soojung-ah." She whispered after a moment of silence. 

Krystal could feel her face heating up again. She was not used to all the affections from Amber. "W-why are you here?" She asked, trying to avoid the topic. 

Amber pressed a smile and she rubbed her palms together. "Well... because I want to see my fiancee?" 

"Don't you have w-work to do?" Krystal asked meekly, she could feel Amber's eyes on her even though she was not looking at the tomboy. 

"You're more important." Amber smiled. She bit her lip when Krystal was not asking anymore question. "I bought this, for us." She stood up and spread her arms wide, showing the entire room to Krystal. Krystal had her eyes widened again and agape. Amber chuckled and said, "Jessica would send your belongings here and you'll stay here. I mean... we will stay here." She bent forward and took Krystal's hands in hers. 

Krystal was trying to digest Amber's words in her mind and she nodded slowly. "W-what about Suzy?" 

"Do you always have to bring her up?" Amber let go of Krystal's hands and turned around, pinching her nosebridge with her eyes shut. Krystal fidgeted uncomfortably when she knew that she had pissed Amber off again. "But, I have already kind of settled it. I bought another apartment and told her that we would be living there. She moved her things over just yesterday. Don't worry." 

Krystal watched Amber walking to the counter opposite the room and get a can of beer. "Can you not drink?" She requested. Amber looked at the can in her hand and sighed before she put it back to the small fridge. She took out two bottles of plain water instead and passed one to Krystal. "Does she know that you're here with me?" Krystal asked, opening the cap. 

Amber toyed with the bottle in her hands and shrugged. "I don't care if she knows."

"I don't want you to fight with her..." Krystal mumbled under her breath and Amber placed a hand on Krystal's lap, giving it a gentle squeeze. "It will be alright." Amber smiled. Then her smile faltered and she put the bottle on the table in front of them. "Come and take a look at our home." She said, reaching for Krystal's hand. Krystal smiled and took Amber's hand without hesitation. 

 

 

 

"It's beautiful." Krystal awed when they were done touring the suite. "Does it cost a lot?" She asked, afraid that Amber would spend a bomb on her again. 

Amber contemplated before she answered, "Nope. It is cheaper than a mansion." 

Krystal shook her head and she looked out of the window. She watched people strolling on the beach and waves crashing onto the coast. It was calming. She gasped when she felt a pair of arms circling her waist and she could feel warmth on her back. Amber nuzzled to her neck and breathed in her scent that made Krystal's heart race. She slowly sank herself into Amber's embrace and closed her eyes as she wanted to enjoy that moment of just the two of them. Amber swayed her from side to side gently and kissed Krystal on the ear. "I miss you." She whispered and Krystal's eyelids fluttered open. "I could not stop thinking about you because I miss you. Krystal Jung, I miss you." Krystal moved her hands up slowly and touched Amber's arms that were around her. She let her thumb brush against Amber's skin timidly and heard Amber sigh. "I dreamt of holding you this way. And now, I am holding you in my arms." Amber's words could have such an effect on her heart. "One week. Do you know how miserable I was when I slept and woke up alone?" Krystal frowned slightly and she said, "you could sleep with Suzy." 

"Yah." Amber grunted and she tightened her hug. "Don't mention her again. It's just the two of us." She closed her eyes and felt contented with holding Krystal in her arms that way. 

Krystal's lips lifted into a smile and rested her head on Amber's shoulder. "I miss you, too." She finally said, sheepishly. Amber did not respond but Krystal could feel her smile on her neck. 

"Are you hungry?" Amber suddenly asked when she saw that the sun was high up in the sky. It was midday already. Krystal shook her head as she wanted Amber to hold her longer, but Amber being Amber. "But I am hungry. Come on let's go and eat some nice food." She broke the hug and took Krystal's hand in hers as she pulled her to the lift door. "Anyway, do you know why is our home on the 24th floor?" Amber asked when they were waiting for the lift. Krystal shook her head. "Because it was your birth date." Amber smiled and stepped into the lift, holding the lift door for Krystal who was still a little surprised at the asnwer. 

 

 

The moon was up and the breeze blew against Krystal's face as she stood by the window. She felt two hands rubbing the side of her arms and then pulling her into an embrace. "You shouldn't be standing here, you will catch a cold." Amber said softly. 

"But I like the view here." Krystal said. She pointed at the beach and Amber followed her finger. She hummed and said, "I will bring you there tomorrow. Now, let's go and rest. I still have to work tomorrow." Krystal nodded and let Amber lead her to their bedroom. Krystal lay down on the right side of the bed while Amber took the other side and Krystal had to sleep sideway as she was pregnant. Amber lay there, looking at the ceiling and she sighed. "I miss this." 

"Aren't you a little lovesick?" Krystal teased and could not hide her smile. 

"What? I am lovesick because of you, Mrs Liu." Amber retorted. 

"Who is Mrs Liu..." Krystal mumbled with a grin. 

Amber could not see the grin because Krystal was not facing her and it was dark in the room. "Yah you-" 

"Hold me, Amber." 

The room was quiet for a few minutes as Amber was too stunned by Krystal's request. Did the girl just ask her to hold her? A grin slowly surfaced on her face and she scooted closer to Krystal, snaking an arm around her and pulling her back closer to her front. "Sleep well." Krystal said and snuggled closer to Amber as she felt that spaces between them were not necessary. 

This time, it was Amber's turn to blush and she croaked out. "Good night, Krystal."