Chapter 17

Turning Point

HERE'S YOUR LONG UPDATE. BUT I HAVE TO INFORM YOU GUYS THAT I WILL BE GOING ON A VACATION WITH MY WIFE FOR ABOUT TWO WEEKS? SO I WON'T BE UPDATING. SO HERE'S ONE. :)

 

Krystal went out of her room to get ready for school but she was welcomed by Amber who was standing in front of her door. "Excuse me." Krystal said meekly and hoped Amber would move aside but Amber didn't budge. "I am going to be late." She said calmly, trying to squeeze through the small gap between the door frame and Amber's body. But Amber raised her arm up to block the way again. 

"You're not going to school today." Amber said, almost sounding like an order. 

Krystal looked up, a little frustrated. "I have a test today." 

"So?" Amber asked, her face was arrogant. 

Krystal sighed and walked back into the room. She put down her bag on the bed and sat on the edge. Amber saw it and she did the same after she closed the door behind her, ensuring that Suzy would not barge in again. But when she was seated beside Krystal, Krystal scooted away and left a huge gap between them. 

"What are you doing?" Amber asked, a little pissed at how Krystal was shying away. 

But, Krystal remained quiet and looked to her front which was the wall. 

"I am... s-sorry okay?" Amber croaked out. Krystal's ears perked up but made no reply. "What can I do? Talk to me, Krystal."

Amber waited for Krystal to talk to her but five minutes had gone past and not a word was heard. She ran her fingers through her short hair and stooped forward, resting both her elbows on her knees and her hands still tangled in her hair. Krystal watched her from the corner of her eyes and felt bad for making the girl so frustrated. "I didn't want her to come too." Krystal heard. 

"But she has no place to go." Amber added. Krystal noticed that Amber had her eyes shut and she was taking in each breath slowly. "She is my girlfriend for four years. How can I just ask her to leave and find somewhere to sleep? I have the responsibility to take care of her." she continued when she still didn't receive any reply from Krystal. 

Then she moved back. Krystal shifted her gaze back to the wall and Amber thought she had been staring at the wall since just now. "I don't expect you to live happily with her. I don't expect her to be nice to you. I didn't even expect everything..." she whispered the last sentence. 

"I didn't even know that sleeping with a girl could get her pregnant. I didn't even know why did I drink so much that day. I didn't even know why you turned up in my room and slept on my bed. I didn't expect all of these. I am so confused. Even now. Because everything is just not the same. " Amber said, looking at Krystal. 

"I am sorry." Krystal finally spoke. 

Amber frowned. "No this isn't your fault. I am not blaming you. I am just telling you how confused I am right now." She scooted closer to Krystal and reached out for the hands that were resting on the laps, nervously. Fortunately, Krystal didn't pull away so Amber held onto them tighter. "I am the one who is supposed to say sorry. I ruined your life. You could have met someone better and not... me. You can't pursue your education because of me. You have to bear the responsibility because of me." 

Krystal thought that she heard wrong but when she looked at Amber, she saw a glint of tears in the tomboy's eyes. Then Amber looked away and smiled to the ground," you didn't expect this huh? You probably think that I am a spoilt brat who doesn't care about what the others think huh?" 

Krystal bit her lip with a frown. Why would Amber think that way. "No I didn't-"

"It's okay Krystal. I know... that you like that dino-face. That day... when I sent you to school, you were so happy to see him. I can see it in your eyes. I am stupid enough to think that you actually like me. But I think I am wrong." Amber chuckled sadly, releasing Krystal's hands and placed them back onto Krystal's laps. 

"What?" Krystal asked, her face was confused. 

"Am I wrong? Or is it some other guy that you like?" Amber asked, she had no idea why the thought of it made her angry and sad at the same time. 

"I don't like anyone." Krystal pondered for a moment then replied. 

Upon hearing it, Amber could feel the weight in her chest being lifted off. "Oh really? That's cool." She said, trying to sound as calmly as possible even though she wanted to scream and cheer. She had no idea of why. Maybe because Krystal didn't like that dino-face that she hated? 

"But about what you said... I don't see you as a spoilt brat." Krystal said after awhile. Amber turned her gaze on Krystal and noticed that the girl was giving her a faint smile. So she smiled back, but it was stronger. 

"Thanks." Amber replied. 

Then, they fell into silence again. Krystal looked at the clock on the wall and asked, "so can I go school now?" 

Amber frowned. "No."

"Why?" Krystal asked, sounding exasperated as Amber didn't let her go to school 

"Because we are going out." Amber said, standing up and patting her back as if to dust off any dirt. Actually, her heart was pounding very fast as she was scared that Krystal might reject her. 

Krystal could feel her cheeks getting warmer and she saw that Amber was looking at her so she nodded slightly. Amber grinned and was relieved that Krystal had accepted to go out with her. But the grin soon faded away when Krystal asked, "What about her?" 

Another one to deal with. Amber groaned in frustration and scratched her head. "Just forget about her for a moment will you? Or at least let me forget about her." 

"She's your girlfriend." Krystal reminded as she thought that Amber was mean to Suzy. 

"And like I care." Amber replied. 

"Now, I think that you're a spoilt kid." Krystal mumbled but Amber caught it. 

"You say what?" Amber asked, as if challenging Krystal to repeat her words. Krystal giggled when Amber was looking like a dork as she had her chin pointed out and looking at Krystal from the corner of her eyes. Amber could feel her heart stop for a second when she heard Krystal giggle. She had never heard her giggle before and it sounded so... lovely. "You should smile more often. You look really pretty when you smile." she said unconsciously and then coughed when she realised what she had said. 

On the other hand, Krystal blushed at Amber's compliment. It was the first time that someone said something good about her. And coming from Amber? Just made it even thousand of times better. "Thank you." She mumbled shyly and looked down. 

The awkwardness was setting in again and Amber quickly coughed to clear the atmosphere. "So shall we?" 

"Do I have to change?" Krystal asked, pointing to her dress. 

"Nope. You look lovely." Then she wanted to smack as she had said something again. 

For the second time, Krystal felt the heat travelling up her neck and to her cheeks. She smiled to herself when Amber walked to the door rigidly as she was awkward. 

 

 

 

 

"Can you believe it?!" Amber asked, laughing and throwing her head back into the headrest. Krystal watched as the girl clap and laugh hysterically. They had made it out the mansion without alarming Suzy who was in their bedroom, waiting for Amber to return. 

"Will she get angry when you go back?" Krystal asked worriedly. 

Amber calmed down a little and swtiched on the engine. She wiped away the tear from her eye and said," who cares." 

Krystal pressed her lips together when Amber had shown that she didn't care about Suzy at all. She wanted to ask Amber why was it that she didn't care but she didn't want to break things off with Suzy. But then she realised it was not up to her to say these. "Where are we going?" She asked, looking out of the window as Amber drove out of the mansion. 

"Uhm... right... I haven't thought of it..." Amber replied, sheepishly. 

"It's okay." Krystal smiled. Then she looked out of the window again to enjoy the scenery. "can you bring me to the N Seoul Tower?" Krystal requested after awhile. She had never been there before since she lived in Busan for all her life. 

"That?" Amber asked, eyes not leaving the road. "Okay then." She gave a quick smile to Krystal and returned her attention on the road. 

 

 

The two of them arrived at the tower and it was 10 24 in the morning. The sun was up and there were already people on the tower. Couples, to be exact. Krystal awed as she could see the Seoul from the top. She took out her phone, wanting to snap some photos but Amber took it away. 

"Why did you do that?" Krystal asked, looking at Amber with a sulky look. 

"Stand there. I will take a photo of you." Amber said and pushed Krystal gently. Krystal stood at where Amber wanted her to be and Amber asked her to smile at the camera but Krystal was too shy to do it. So she ended up looking stiff in the photo. That made Amber laugh and Krystal frowned when she saw Amber laughing at her. "okay okay. I am sorry. How about we take a photo together?" Amber suggested. 

Krystal was wondering if they should get some help but Amber s an arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to her. "Now smile." Amber said, holding Krystal's phone up with the front camera. Krystal could feel her face getting warmer but she managed to smile from the bottom of her heart. It made her really happy when Amber was close to her. 

Amber looked at the photo after she had taken it and she smiled like a fool at it. "This will be your wallpaper!" She said and set it. She didn't even care if Krystal would demur. "It is nice!" She grinned and passed the phone back to Krystal. Krystal took it and she stifled a smile on her face. She liked the photo, very much. 

"Wow, look at it." Amber said excitedly, pulling Krystal to where she was. There were 'Locks of Love' and some were big while some were smaller. Amber suddenly thought of an idea. "Do you... d-do you want to do it too?" she asked, pointing to the locks. 

Krystal looked at Amber unsurely and said,"do you know what are these?" she thought that perhaps Amber didn't know the meaning of these. 

"Y-yeap." Amber replied, shoving her hands into her pockets. 

"But..." Krystal hesitated. These were meaning of love. Did they have love? 

"It's fine if you don't want to do it. I just thought that it is cool. Yeah. It's fine." Amber said quickly when she saw how Krystal was hesitating. She didn't want to embarrass herself in front of the girl. 

Krystal felt her heart drop when she heard that Amber just wanted to do it because she thought that it was cool. She knew that Amber didn't want to do it because of love, because there was no love between them. They were just bounded by the baby in her womb. 

"Are you hungry? Let's have Ddukbokkie or do you want Hoeddeok? They are shops in this area." Amber suggested to get them out of the awkwardness. 

"Anything is fine." Krystal smiled, at least Amber was making an effort to keep the awkwardness away. 

So, the two ended up going for Hoeddeok since they were not very hungry. Krystal ate three while Amber had one. She was amazed at how much Krystal could eat. But it made her happy to see Krystal enjoying herself. Weird, she thought. 

 

 

Later, they arrived at the shopping mall around the area. Initially, Amber was walking in front of Krystal. But the crowds got larger and Amber was worried that she might lose Krystal. So she took Krystal's hand in hers hesitantly, then daringly when Krystal didn't budge. The two of them actually felt sparks that were electrifying. Then, they held hands as they roamed around the shopping mall for an hour. It was huge. 

"Look!" Amber pointed to a baby store in front of them. Krystal followed where Amber was pointing at and the next thing she knew, she was dragged by Amber into the store. The sales rep in the store came to welcome the two of them. 

"Omo, are you Amber Liu?" She asked, the excitement was all over her face and tone as she looked at the Amber Liu in front of her. Amber arched her eyebrows up and nodded. She gave a pompous smile and said hi to the sales rep. 

Krystal tried not to bother with it and she went to a baby crib a few feet from her. It was pink in colour and the design was cute. Krystal really liked it and she thought that maybe her baby would sleep in the crib when she was born. She walked up to where the clothes were and took them in her hands. They were so tiny and so soft. She smiled when she thought about how tiny her baby would be when she came out. She placed them back to where they were and walked further up. There were milk bottles, baby toys and pacifiers. They were all cute. 

She heard Amber laughing witht the sales rep but didn't catch what they were talking about. She went to where the prams were and examined each of them carefully. Some were too big for newborn, she thought. Some were too simple. Then she heard footsteps coming nearer to her and felt an arm around her shoulders. She almost wanted to push the person away then she realised it was only Amber. 

"You like them?" She asked, pointing to the prams. 

"It doesn't make any sense if I like them. I am not the one using it." Krystal replied, almost sourly as she recalled Amber laughing with the sales rep. 

"Wow. What's wrong?" Amber asked, ovbiously sensing the difference in Krystal's tone. 

"nothing." Krystal replied, walking away to check other things out. 

Amber shook her head with a light chuckle. "I told the sales rep that you're pregnant with four months. I even told her that I have no idea how to take care of a baby because it is my first one. Then she laughed at me, saying that I have a lot to learn from. What do you think Krys?" 

Krystal stopped and suppressed a smile. So Amber wasn't flirting. She was talking about her. And she even called her Krys. "It's fine." she replied, taking a soft toy in her hand.

"What's fine? I asked you what do you think about what I have to learn from." Amber frowned, looking at Krystal as she played with the toy. 

"You will be fine." Krystal smiled, putting the toy back and turned to leave. 

Amber followed after and asked, "don't you want to buy anything?" 

"It's still early." Krystal replied. They walked out of the store and Krystal felt her stomach growl. She saw a restaurant ahead of them but she didn't want to trouble Amber because she just had three Hoeddeok and now she was hungry again. 

Amber looked at her watch. It had been an hour or so since Krystal had eaten. She remembered that the doctor told her to let Krystal eat a lot as she was still underweight. "Shall we go for lunch?" She asked, noticing a restaurant not far away. 

Krystal thought that Amber could read what's on her mind and she was surprised by it. She nodded happily and Amber grinned. It made Krystal's heart skip a beat when Amber held her hands again as they strolled into the restaurant. 

 

 

Amber excused herself halfway through their meal and Krystal just nodded. She continued eating as she wait for Amber to return. She was unaware that Amber had gone to buy a necklace that she saw just now. The moment it caught her eyes, she thought that it suited Krystal very well. The necklace against her fair skin. Perfect combination. 

She smiled to herself after the sales rep packed the necklace into a small exquisite box. She paid and kept it in her pocket. 

Black Diamond Necklace For Women

On the way back, she could not stop grinning as she imagine what Krystal's reaction would be when she received the present from her. 

She took out her phone, wanted to check the time but she saw 52 missed calls and 43 unread messages. She opened them and saw that they were all from Suzy. It made her sick to her stomach. She wanted to break up with Suzy but she knew that Suzy would have no place to go if they broke up. She had the responsibility to take care of Suzy since they had been seeing each other for four years. Four years were long enough. 

From: Suzy :) [11 13]

Where are you!!!! ANSWER MY CALL!!! Come back now Amber!!!

From: Suzy :) [11 17]

Amber please answer my call! I know that you're with that .

Amber rolled her eyes when she read the message. She deleted the rest without even reading and soon found herself in front of the restaurant again. She smiled when she saw Krystal still eating on her food quietly. The look of serene on her face made Amber just want to stand there and watch her forever. The question that she had been asking herself these few days. 

Why is it that everything that she does now, looks perfect to me? 

Then, Krystal looked up and saw Amber staring at her. She smiled at Amber when she had finally returned. Amber coughed and fixed her hair as she walked into the restaurant. She needed a hair cut later she thought. Her hair was growing longer. 

"You took so long." Krystal said after Amber had seated down. Amber noticed that Krystal's food was mostly gone while hers were still almost untouched. 

"Something caught up. Do you want more?" Amber asked. 

Krystal shook her head and rubbed her belly. "I am full." 

Amber nodded and she didn't really feel like eating anymore. She was about to say something but Krystal interrupted.

"Amber, I think I felt her kicking just now." Krystal said with a slightly excited tone. She usually spoke with a flat or quiet voice. 

Amber's face lit up and lurched forward the table, "really?!" She couldn't stop grinning and Krystal nodded firmly. 

"Is she still kicking now?" Amber asked, eagerly. 

Krystal stopped and felt her belly for awhile then shook her head, with a small pout. "She is sleeping now, probably." 

Amber pouted too because she couldn't get to feel her daughter's first kick. "But it is great. At least she is active now. Maybe I will read her bedtime story and she will.." she trailed off as she remembered that they did not sleep together anymore. "Maybe...when we sleep together..." She mumbled. 

Krystal noticed that and she decided to smile it off. "You can still read her bedtime story since she spends most of her time sleeping." 

"really?!" Amber asked, like an overly excited kid. 

Krystal giggled and nodded. For the second time of the day, she heard Krystal giggle. "uhm Krystal, actually, I have something for you." She said and fished out the box from her pocket. Krystal watched as Amber open the box slowly, revealing the necklace inside. It was beautiful. She knew that it must be expensive and she pushed it back to Amber. 

"I can't accept it." Krystal stated 

"Why?" Amber asked, exasperated. 

"It's too expensive." Krystal said. 

"No it isn't!" Amber snapped. 

"To you, it isn't. To me, it is." Krystal answered. 

"It's yours." 

"No I won't keep it." 

"I said take it." 

"no."

"Yes."

"no."

"Yes!"

"No."

"NO!"

"yes- what? Amber you cheated!" Krystal kind of whined and that amused Amber. 

"You said yes. Now take it. Don't let our baby learn that you don't keep to your words." Amber smirked. 

Krystal sighed and said,"I will keep it. And give it to her when she grows up." 

"Whatever. It is yours." Amber said with a satisfying smile as Krystal accepted it after all. 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, in the Liu's mansion, Suzy was pacing back and forth in Amber's room. She kept checking her phone but received no reply from her girlfriend. She knew that Amber and Krystal had snuck out. That infuriated her. She didn't know when had she become like this. So possessive. But threats were in the house. Krystal was a threat. The baby was a threat. Yes, the baby. 

Suzy stopped in her track and she smirked as a scheme slowly devised in her head. "The baby..." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BE BACK IN TWO WEEKS TIME! STAY TUNE :D