Chapter 24

Turning Point

"yoboseyo?" Amber pressed the phone between her ear and her shoulder, her two hands were busy wiping the coffe table clean. "Grandma, I am busy. Didn't I tell Lay to inform you?" She grunted and held up the vase, cleaning the bottom. "What?!" She exclaimed and put down everything, taking her phone in her hand and placing it back to her ear. "Come again?" 

"Lay is your newly-hired personal assistant. Didn't I tell you that I will change Sunmi soon?" 

"But Sunmi is doing fine!" Amber complained. Meanwhile, Krystal had just gotten up from her bed and she heard Amber's loud voice from the living room. She opened the door and left a small gap in between, peeping through it. She saw Amber kneeling in front of the coffee and talking on the phone. She looked around the living room and did not spot her sister's shadow. 

"Whatever, fine then. But I didn't know that Lay helped me because he is my assistant." Amber said, using her free hand to wipe the surface of the table absent-mindedly. "Alright. Give me one week, grandma. I will win her back. I promise." 

Krystal's ears pricked up upon hearing that, she observed Amber and saw her smiling as she spoke. Her heart started racing as she knew that Amber was referring to her. "okay goodbye, grandma. Take care. And... help me to keep an eye on Suzy, okay?" Krystal heard her sigh helplessly and then she ended the call. When Amber looked up, she saw Krystal peeping at her through the small gap between the door and she smiled. "Good morning!" 

BAM

"What the..." Amber mumbled as Krystal just slammed the door shut. "Is she that angry... What are you talking about Amber Liu. You hit her. How can she not be angry?" She continued talking to herself as she proceeded to clean the window. Earlier, before Jessica headed out to meet Yuri, she had instructed Amber to clean the entire house and must not leave any spot. Amber could only oblige as she had to prove herself to Jessica. 

As she was cleaning the window, she heard the bedroom door open. Her head turned around and her eyes met Krystal's. "Breakfast is on the table." Amber said softly and beamed Krystal a warm smile. Krystal merely nodded and hurried to the dining table. She looked at the pancakes on the table and knew that her sister had made them. She wondered if Amber had eaten. 

"Have you... eaten?" Krystal asked, quietly. Amber immediately spun around when she heard Krystal's voice and she nodded eagerly. Krystal did not even look at her but she could see Amber nodding furiously from the corner of her eyes. She wanted to laugh but she remembered what her sister had said. 

Amber waited for Krystal to shoot her more questions or talk to her about something but no, Krystal started eating quietly. Disappointed, she returned to wipe her window and looked out of it. "Holy ." She cursed under her breath when she saw Jessica coming out of the car, along with Yuri and an unfamiliar girl. She hadn't completed what she asked her to!

Flustered, Amber wiped the windows at her full speed and dusted the sofa in the speed of lightning. She panicked even more when she heard the rustling of the keys. Then, she quickly brought the rag and the bucket of water to the bathroom to clean up. When she was out, she saw Jessica laughing with the girl, as well as Krystal and Yuri. 

"Oh, who is this?" the girl asked, looking at Amber from the head to the toe. 

"What? You don't know me?" Amber couldn't help but asked. She looked at the girl incredulously as she pointed to herself. 

"Do I have to know you?" The girl eyed Amber

Amber was about to snap back but then she remembered she had to behave in front of the Jung Sisters. So she forced a smile and let it off. "Of course, not." Krystal knew that Amber was not happy that a girl did not recognise her and she glanced at Amber for a brief second. She could see how upset Amber was over this trivial matter. She sighed. 

"Anyway, I am Yoona. Their cousin." The girl who had just introduced herself as Yoona held out her hand and waited for Amber to shake it. Amber took it half-heartedly and replied lazily. "Amber Liu, her... fiancee?" Yoona only smirked at Amber but did not say anything. Then, she gave a signal to Jessica and the two went into the room, along with Krystal. 

"They are cousins?" Amber asked Yuri, still cannot really believe it. 

"Yeap. That's why Krystal and her look alike, didn't you realise?" Yuri reasoned. 

Amber thought back and she did find the smiliarity between the two. She nodded slowly and Yuri patted her shoulder. "Good luck." Amber looked at her with a small frown but Yuri walked to the sofa and plopped herself on it, switching on the television and flicking through the channels. 

 

 

In Jessica's room, the three cousins/sisters were working on their plan. Actually, it was Jessica's plan. "C'mon Krys, you know that it is the only way right?" Jessica nudged Krystal 

Krystal remained quiet as she did not really like her sister's idea. "But it will infuriate her if she finds out." 

Jessica scoffed and threw her arms in the air. She didn't want to argue with her sister. Yoona placed her hand on Krystal's lap and squeezed it gently. "Or is it that I am not good enough?" she pouted. 

"Unnie..." Krystal muttered and looked at Yoona with tight lips. 

"I am just kidding. Now, just follow your sister's plan and everything will be fine okay? It is her test, anyway." Yoona said, patting on Krystal's lap and then winked. "Baby~" 

Krystal shivered and rolled her eyes, thinking how ridiculous her sister and cousin were. "Let's go!" Yoona cheered and placed her hand out, Krystal took it unwillingly and they intertwined their fingers. Jessica grinned upon seeing that her sister had agreed to join in the plan. She hugged Yoona and Krystal together by the shoulders and said, "let the game begin." 

 

 

"Why are they taking so long inside?" Amber asked, eyes kept darting toward the bedroom door. She looked back at Yuri who was totally slacking on the sofa and Yuri said lazily, "they are just chatting. Yoona has been abroad for two years and she has just returned. She missed Krystal." 

The way that Yuri said the last sentence made Amber skeptical. "She missed Krystal? What about Jessica?" 

Yuri cheered in victory at the back of her mind but maintained a straight face as she said, "do you think that she will miss Jessica? A girl who is already taken?" 

Amber let the words process through her mind slowly and then her eyes widened. She darted her gaze on Yuri and asked, "what?! Yoona likes Krystal?" She could feel her blood boiling when Yuri nodded. "Since when?!" Yuri put her finger under her chin as she pretended to think. "About six years now? Since they were young, they have been inseparable. Krystal always says that Yoona is like the girl of her dream because Yoona treats her like a princess. But after Yoona left to study abroad, they don't talk much anymore." 

Even though the story was made up, Amber still thought that it was real. She balled her fists and clenched her jaws. She could not stand the thought of having another rival. Yuri watched in amusement as Amber stood up from the sofa, striding toward the bedroom door and was about to knock when the door flung inward, revealing Jessica. "Oh I am sorry." Amber quickly said and looked down, she made way for Jessica to come out and she saw how Krystal and Yoona were holding hands. "Do you really have to do that?" she blurted out when Krystal walked past her. 

Krystal looked to her left at Amber and was about to say something when Yoona pushed her gently by the waist to ask her to sit down. "You're pregnant, don't stand too much. I don't want you to tire yourself out." Amber observed the two and saw Krystal blushing lightly. Actually, Krystal was just embarrassed at the fact that Yoona was being so caring to her. 

"Hey you," Amber called out, pointing at Yoona. Jessica crossed her arms and suppressed smirk. Yoona turned around, after giving Krystal a wink at only she could see. "I need a word with you." Amber said, sounding as polite as she could. Yoona arched an eyebrow and folded her arms in front of her chest. "Why should I listen to you?" Yoona challenged. 

"Because I am her fiancee and you're obviously hitting on her!" Amber whined a little. Krystal was actually amused by the fact that Amber was sour over it. 

"Wow, I am her cousin. Why would I want to hit on her?" Yoona defended herself, putting both her hands up in the air

Amber rolled her eyes and put her hands on her waist. "I heard that you have a crush on her since six years ago!" 

"That was in the past." Yoona chuckled then her smile faltered away. "But now, I love her." 

 

 

 

Short update!